• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite Dictator?

Mash

TMF Master
For the sake of being random as fucking possible, I'm starting this thread.

Now then, who is your favorite dictator? You can pick anyone that has ever been a dictator, regardless of whether they're still alive or not.
Hey, if dictators that have existed in the past aren't good enough for ya, go ahead and make up your own! Imagine me up your ideal dictator.

Humor me. I'm bored.

As for my favorite dictator? I'll give you a hint: "North Korea is best Korea!"

Edit: I should also note, that just because someone likes a certain dictator, doesn't necessarily mean they were in favor of actions that said dictator may or may not have committed.
Don't judge people based on people they happened to like. :3

Last edited:
Maybe not a dictator but certainly a very interesting man

Ernesto "CHE" Guevara a sort of latin american james dean

whose actual human side always gets suppressed lost in the smoke of revolution.

I'd have to go with Julius Caesar. The Emperor Palpatine is also up there.

Adolf Hitler, I don't know why because I know he was a nasty man who killed people but he appeared in a lot of cartoons and I find he just keeps popping up everywhere so, yeah, old shicklegruber is my fave aside from napoleon, but I don't really think napoleon was a dictator

I'd have to stick with Genghis Khan I think.
his empire was always doomed to fail, but he never was defeated.

Hitler.
Because i detest totalitarianism, and he's so easy to make fun of.

I'm not in to "suppressing the free will of individuals", but if i had to pick, it would have to be "Napoleon Bonaparte".
He was in-arguably an important figure in the history of France and Europe. Many twentieth-century dictators would later model themselves on Napoleon, more than a hundred years after his death. Napoleon was not the first dictator, so why was he such an important figurehead for future dictators? Some historians may consider that Napoleon was a savior of France, and a brilliant military genius. Others would believe that he was a corrupted tyrant and had betrayed key ideals that had been established in the French Revolution. His rise to and consolidation of power made him a full dictator. His foreign policy sought to dominate the whole of Europe. Despite some temporary glory and beneficial reform for France, the final result of Napoleon's reactions clearly pointed to him as an evildoer who had failed in his attempt to achieve ultimate power.
Napoleon had overturned the equality established from the French Revolution. He once said: "I intend to keep the Revolution's useful changes, but not to abandon the good institutions it mistakenly destroyed." Was the abolishment of the monarchy not a ‘good institution'? One of the major goals of the French Revolution was to abolish the absolutism of the monarchy. Ironically, Napoleon brought it back just over ten years later. His son, instead of being elected, would automatically receive the throne as heir. This was a violation of the constitution of the French republic, which stated that the government must be chosen by the people. If he were active during the time of the later years of the Revolution, he would have gotten beheaded on the guillotine under the extreme-liberal rule of Jacobins. Napoleon also took away the natural freedoms of speech and the press that the Declaration of the Rights of Man had established, through the use of censorship of press.

Last edited:
Hitler only because it still amazes me, after reading a two volume bio of the man, how he could manipulate so many people.

As an Austrian, Hitler is not my "favorite" but definately the most interesting dictator because of his historical nearness. My great-grandmother has thrown flowers to him. It's very hard to comprehend how this simple man could "hypnotice" a whole nation.

I'm not in to "suppressing the free will of individuals", but if i had to pick, it would have to be "Napoleon Bonaparte".
He was in-arguably an important figure in the history of France and Europe. Many twentieth-century dictators would later model themselves on Napoleon, more than a hundred years after his death. Napoleon was not the first dictator, so why was he such an important figurehead for future dictators? Some historians may consider that Napoleon was a savior of France, and a brilliant military genius. Others would believe that he was a corrupted tyrant and had betrayed key ideals that had been established in the French Revolution. His rise to and consolidation of power made him a full dictator. His foreign policy sought to dominate the whole of Europe. Despite some temporary glory and beneficial reform for France, the final result of Napoleon's reactions clearly pointed to him as an evildoer who had failed in his attempt to achieve ultimate power.
Napoleon had overturned the equality established from the French Revolution. He once said: "I intend to keep the Revolution's useful changes, but not to abandon the good institutions it mistakenly destroyed." Was the abolishment of the monarchy not a ‘good institution'? One of the major goals of the French Revolution was to abolish the absolutism of the monarchy. Ironically, Napoleon brought it back just over ten years later. His son, instead of being elected, would automatically receive the throne as heir. This was a violation of the constitution of the French republic, which stated that the government must be chosen by the people. If he were active during the time of the later years of the Revolution, he would have gotten beheaded on the guillotine under the extreme-liberal rule of Jacobins. Napoleon also took away the natural freedoms of speech and the press that the Declaration of the Rights of Man had established, through the use of censorship of press.

Well said. I think Napoleon is overlooked a lot as a great commander and leader. The man was a fucking genius.

KHAAAAANN!!!! (from Star Trek 2- duh) Cause he wasn't as bad as the other despots of his day.....

My real-life "Favorite" (and it's hard to admit because I hate ALL dictators because they're all The Worst People Ever) has gotta be Papa Doc Duvalier from Haiti.

WHY?

1) he was the real-life Head Boogyman of Voodoo Island! ("Voodoo Magic: F-kin VooDoo Magic Mon Hahahaha!")

2) Army of thugs wearing skulls (Ton Ton Macoutes)

3)Voodoo!!! Drugs & Zombies!!!!

4) always kept enemies' severed heads nearby, even on his desk(!)

Cause if I were a Dictator that's how I'd rule....Scare the crap out of everyone and line the palace driveway with heads on pikes! Muwahahahaha....

Napoleon.
There's an ice cream nameded after him so he wins in my book

Napoleon.

Err...is there actually an ice cream named after him, or are you referring to Neapolitan? =P

Edit: Well, bugger me. I looked it up, and sure enough, there is an ice cream called Napoleon ice cream.

AHA!! See I know What I'm talking about sometimes :stickout

Napoleon became a brandy.....but which will Hitler become: a piece of cheese or a pickle?

Napoleon.

Aw, that's cute. I can't tell if I approve of the logic, though. Especially ice cream in winter....

I'd go with Frederick the Great. Enlightened despot, philosopher, musician, and the man that made Prussia (and later Germany) a Great Power. My kind of dictator.

Although some dictators are interesting choosing a favorite would be an oxymoron, would anyone here want to live under one of these tyrants, It,s like choosing who is your favorite murderer, Charlie Manson, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Bundy, the Green River Killer, the Hillside Strangler, Zodiac, Son of Sam or Jack the Ripper. None of them are my favorites.

Although some dictators are interesting choosing a favorite would be an oxymoron, would anyone here want to live under one of these tyrants, It,s like choosing who is your favorite murderer, Charlie Manson, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Bundy, the Green River Killer, the Hillside Strangler, Zodiac, Son of Sam or Jack the Ripper. None of them are my favorites.

Not necessarily. It's an oxymoron based on your perspective. If I lived in 1940's Poland as a Jew, then yeah, liking Hitler might be a bit of a stretch; but as a third party, I have every right and ability to admire his ability to sway millions of people.

Incidentally, I found the Zodiac killer to be the most interesting.

Not Mussolini?

Yes Mussolini too. I Italy you can buy nearly everthing with portraits of Mussolini. When I was on a market in Florence, I've seen flags, cups, plates, t-shirts, boxershorts, scarfs, wine, chocolates ect. all with portraits of Mussolini or named by him.

What's New

9/25/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum, and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back