• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Half Full or Half Empty?

Is the cup "Half Empty" or "Half Full"?

• Total voters
Right, my second new poll in here, and kind of a deep one at that. 😛

So, here's the question.

You're sat down, one day, in your recliner and reading your newspaper. For no apparent reason what so ever, a person comes a long and places a 1 Litre cup by the side of you and begins to fill it with exactly 500 millilitres of water. After giving him a baffled look, you look at the cup and think about how much he filled the cup up with.

Would you consider the cup to be "HALF FULL" or "HALF EMPTY"?

Let's see who are the optimists and the pecimists of this board, aye. 😉

The cup was being filled, so half-full!

I'm a true blue capitalist. I WANT A BIGGER GLASS!

I feel like a lot of people see the glass as half empty because they choose to see themselves as a victim in life without working hard to get what they want. Kind of sad really.

Half full for me.

I voted 'half-empty' but there should be one more poll option, "the glass lies shattered on the floor" for those really, really crappy days lol

Heh. Nice. I'd probably tell the person, "You only filled it halfway", but I'd totally be thinking half empty. Kind of like when you purchase a bag of potato chips and half of it is filled with air anyway.

As a realist I say the glass is completly full .half water and half air'

The cup contains half of its capacity in liquid. The word "full" or "empty" do nothing to actually describe its current state. Things are what they are at that moment, how it will become is the condition of the human need to project their intent and desire toward the world. When in reality there is only so much control one can have.

It's ok to have projection, but exercising our limited powers of perception and assigning our viewpoint to a condition can cloud us from seeing things how they are now at that very moment.

What you see is not always what is. What it will be, has nothing to do with how you feel it should.

Right, my second new poll in here, and kind of a deep one at that. 😛

So, here's the question.
Would you consider the cup to be "HALF FULL" or "HALF EMPTY"?

I pick Neither! Obviously the cup is COMPLETELY full! It's half full with water, and the other half full of air.
Thus, 1/2+1/2=1! So... it's completely full, SUCKA'!! XD

My intellect astounds me sometimes. 😉
*Because remember, you didn't clarify the question with 'half full or half empty with only water or air! You just asked if it was half full or empty - period. So, I pick option 'C', stating it's 'ALL full' (with both water and air). :stickout

:lol I'm suck a dork I'm awesome. :smilielol5:

I accidently knocked it over - now it's half all over the table! oops me bad:stickout

Because the cup was originally empty I would say half full, had the glass been full and the person took half away then I would say it's half empty.

If the cup doesn't contain liquor, then the nature of it's current capacity is irrelevant

I would have put another option. Can't it be both? Half full and half empty? I mean, either way, there's half pf water and the other half is of air. *shrugs*

:lol I'm suck a dork I'm awesome. :smilielol5:

I would carefully rephrase that ma'am. We have a lot of creeps who will get such dirty thoughts, from that statement, including moi, who tries her best not to have dirty thoughs. @_@ and sorry for the double post. XD

The cup is always full: partially with some kind of liquid (or solid, if you like), and partially with whatever atmospheric gasses are surrounding said glass at the moment of observation.

What's New

9/7/2024
Check the TMF Welcome forum for a place to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back