• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Have You Ever Just Wanted To Smack Someone?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I've been very measured lately about posting "Rants" on here, but something happened today that really sent me over the edge.

I have lived in my current apartment for ten years. During that time, I have always been extremely dilligent with paying my rent on time. The rent is due the 1st, with a "Grace period" until the 3rd. Extremely ridiculous, considering the fact that there are residents of this complex who are seniors, who dont even receive their Social Security payments until the 3rd.

One time, in the past, several years ago, I had made out the rent check on the 1st, as I always do, and put it in my wallet. A series of business things that week caused me to forget to bring it in, until the.. 4th. At the time, the woman who collects the rent in the complex office, who is a total bitch, yelled all over the office "You're late!", merely because I was a few hours late with the rent.

Yesterday, we had snow here, and I was sick, with, luckily, a 24 hour virus. I had made the rent check out Monday night, with the intent of bringing it in yesterday, to be on time. Then, subsequently, late Monday night, I fell ill. I knew that if I mailed the check in yesterday, it wouldnt get there until the 4th anyway, because it would have to go to the post office, be cancelled, and go to their office. The rent office in this complex is a long walk from my apartment, and I was not going to risk getting sicker, missing more work, and doing what I have to do, just to be exactly on time.

This morning I read my rent contract, and saw that I actually have until 7am on the 4th to bring it in. This was after 7am today. So, as I was leaving the complex to go to an appointment, around 11am this morning, I brought the check into the office. This was the second time, in ten years, that I was late. Once again, the beeyotch in the office yelled all over the office. "You're late". This time, I really lost it. I said to her "I was sick yesterday, and I could not get to the office. I am exactly four hours late. Sometimes things happen. It is unneeded for you to scream all over the office!". As I walked out, I said to myself, maybe loud enough for her to hear: "God, you are a bitch!".

I have friends who live in other apartments, both in Lancaster, and in other cities, who have grace periods until the 5th, or even the 7th. When I lived in NJ, the lady in the rent office told me they used to get rent checks in the middle of the month, and never said a word, until someone was 30 days in arrears.

I feel fortunate to be able to pay my rent on time. The economy is terrible, and people are really suffering. I have problems, like others, and sometimes my payments from my largest income source come in a couple of days late, causing me to need to make out the rent a day or two later than I normally would, on the 2nd, or 3rd, instead of the 1st.

My management corporation clearly has their head in their ass. I could see this bitch going off on me, if I was habitually late. Two times, in ten years? Once due to an oversight, and the second because I was sick? This is unreasonable, and irrational.

This lady is so bad, that even my assistant, who I've posted about on here before, and who I rarely agree with, understood my point.

Any thoughts on this? Would forum members be pissed, if they paid their rent, on time, every time for 10 years, and had to deal with a bitch like this, especially in this economy, where people are having such a hard time?

I rarely feel like I'm going to lose it, but, I truly wanted to smack this woman upside the head!

Mitch

Last edited:
She sounds a bit.. cranky and really passionate about the rent being in on time. The apartment I had in Florida gave us a grace period of 15 days, as well as one I had up here in Charlotte. 3 days is a little short.

Only 3 days grace at mine too. There is an overnight drop box to the inside of the office though. You are the one that is late in the end, but there is no need for the hollering. I'm assuming she doesn't own the building, so I'd contact corporate. It's probably owned by a management company. Let them know of your track record or have them look it up themselves and them who disappointed you are being treated like that at a place where you have to live. Might not do anything, but then again, it might. Now get your sick ass in their and pay your rent on time. 😛 Just teasin ya big guy.

Any thoughts on this? Would forum members be pissed, if they paid their rent, on time, every time for 10 years, and had to deal with a bitch like this, especially in this economy, where people are having such a hard time?

Oh god yes; you're to be applauded for your restraint in walking away, I think other people confronted with this sort of bullshit would probably have stood and had a pointless slanging match with this woman. The lesson, once again, is that some people aren't nice, just ignore them.

And even if she did hear you calling her a bitch, so fucking what? If she doesn't want people to call her a bitch she should stop being a bitch ^_^

Thanks, scruff, and I dont really care if she heard me calling her a bitch.

Right now, I'm waiting for my new lease to be approved, so I have to keep it a bit quiet for a time. However, once the super of the complex signs the lease, I intend to either go into his office, or send him a note. If I was the manager of an apartment complex at this time , I would feel like I died and went to heaven, if every tenant paid their rent only one day "late", considering the situation in our country at the present time.

Mitch

I have a couple of thoughts on this. Yes that is a short ass "grace period" but it is in the lease as you know. That being said it happening twice in 10 years proves you know it and are responsible with it.
The women at the office was a total bitch BOTH times and did not need to make a scene like that at all. The fact that you didn't flip out the first time is applaud worthy🙂
My best advice is if you have the rent money a few days earlier you may want to do something like an automatic payment from your checking account. With most banks (wachovia and soverign for PA that I know of) you can set your account so the bank writes and mails the check for you at a certain time.

PS. Watch out for the horse and carriages🙂

I know it's not pleasant, but at least all she did was yell. My complex management waited over a week to cash our check, which bounced. I have bills that come out automatically. If rent cleared before those did, we would've been fine, due to over-draft protection. We even tried to rectify the situation by sending the office a letter explaining the situation along with a second attempt to pay. Instead, they left my wife a voicemail saying they didn't understand. Then, they waited til the grace period was over to return our second payment to us and charge us about $300 in late/legal fees, in addition to having to pay by money order. They threatened eviction, as well, all after one oops. I'm happy to say they inspired us to use my VA loan to have a home built for ourselves.

Last edited:
Some people just like to pick fights, dude. It's really as simple as that. You sound as though you've been diligent as hell paying the rent all of these years, so there's no need for the woman to get on your ass about it. Maybe someone will smack her one of these days, though I wouldn't suggest that it be you. 😉

Well, young man...illness is no excuse. Death, now that is an excuse. Sounds like someone I used to rent from. Now I have this old house that was built around an old trailer. It's leaky, drafty and it's mine.

Seriously, she was excessive. Is she the rent police?

Flat, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. That's awful.

I was just looking through my e-mails, and found the e-mail my client sent me last Friday, about this month's payment. If it was any of this bitch's business, I'd love to bring it into the office, and say to her: "This man is a bit slower than usual in paying me, due to the economy, here's the proof, deal with it, bitch". The problem is, knowing how her and the super are, they would be like: "Tough shit, get the money from somewhere else".

I've made a promise to myself: I cant do so now, due to finances, but, as soon as I am able, I'm going to move. I'll probably have to live here one more year, but, if the economy improves later this year, or early next year, I'm out of here. After that, I hope this complex goes to shit. What I would love, is if a bunch of really tough people moved in here, and if her and the manager got on them about being a day late, to see what they would do about it.

I'm going to deal with her and the manager later this month, as soon as my lease is approved. Once that happens, I intend to talk to the manager himself, and maybe to see if there's a renting board I can speak to about their actions. I was talking to another friend who lives in a different complex, in the same town today, and he said he has until the 7th to pay his rent. He thought that the 3rd was insane.

Mitch

Yes, I have just wanted to smack someone...in fact, I've wanted to smack everyone I've ever seen at least once. I can only assume they'd return the favor. <_<

But eh, bitch be trippin', needs to become associated with the back of your hand, or the back of a shovel, whichever is more effective.

Homer, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I cant do what you suggested with the auto payment due to finances. I need to wait for the payment to come in from the client first, before making it out.

I'm going to have a discussion with both my client, and the management. I'm going to try and see if the client can give me part of the money I'm owed on or before the 3rd, so that I can pay these assholes in the renting office, even if I have to wait on other things. Or, if the client absolutely says he cant do it, then I'll have to go to the office, and tell them the situation. If the management of the complex took me to court, the judge would laugh in their face. If they looked at my payment history, and saw two "late" payments, of one day, in ten years, the judge would probably tell the management of my complex to get the fuck out of his courtroom, and stop wasting the court's time.

Right now, I just want to get that new lease signed. Once it is, I'm going to have it out with the super. I'm also seriously thinking that I should try to make this my last year in this apartment, if I can at all help it.

Mitch

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back