• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How do you pronounce NESSONITE?

How do you pronounce NESSONITE?

• NESS-o-nite rhymes with menanite

Votes: 37 78.7%
  • ness-o-NITE-ee sounds like aphrodite

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters

nessonite1

3rd Level White Feather
From what I have seen there are a few different ways to pronounce my name. When I thought it up it started as NESS-o-nite. But since then I have heard it as ness-o-NITE-ee and I liked the way it sounded. So what should the final verdict be? Let me know! I'm confused!

I always say Nessosite, I even put it that way when I first added you to the staff list. 🙂

There are probably some rules of phonics and/or grammar lost in there somewhere...but....I'd go with NESS-o-nite....lol

LOL, I know where this came from. 😛

I'd say Ness-o-nite as in menanite. From whart I have seen, the words ending in the eee!!! sound are few and far between, but then again, Nessonite isn't your average word, now is it?

You know where what came from, HDS? Do you have some inner knowledge you'd like to share with the rest of the class? hmmmm?

I believe that is is a sort of mineral, but that nessonite is used by a different language. *Sits down and starts passing notes*

hmmm...I ran "nessonite" through a search engine (it's actually just something I made up) and I got only one site. Something to do with minerals but it wa mentioned in passing and there were no pictures. I think it was a typo.
Where are all the educated people when you need them?

That's a new one on me Hollie! Rhymes with mesquite! Never thought of that possibility!

I can't say that I know enough about you to fairly have an opinion but I never let that stop me before, so, I voted ness-o-NITE-ee cause it sounds like someone took a quick liberty with your foot about the same time you got to NITE and then ee was a response rather than a name. I guess a longer tickler would have gotten more eeeeeeeeee's lol.

it's original

It's like my nickname, Cletus-Factor

I am an English Major here at University of Minnesota, Mankato, and I do believe it's pronounced Ness-oh-night

LOL.

Just what on earth is a menanite?

Nevermind. I'd say Ness o' Night. Like the scottish loch, after dusk.

Anyway it reminds me of Samsonite. Dunno why.

I'm not sane. So what? 😀

It’s 11 pm and I’m bored. Hence, here’s my two cents:

In response to Kalamos:
Someone corrct me if I'm wrong, I think "mennonite" was intended...it's a member of some kind of protestant religion...not sure, exactly...amish, maybe?

My answer:
Just for the record, if it were a mineral, it would likely be in the dictionary...I think...but regardless, it’s entirely up to you. Whatever you think sounds best. In fact, that can be the case with any name, regardless of how commonly accepted a single pronunciation is. My name is Jason. I use the commonly accepted pronunciation JAY-son. But if one day, I am feeling particularly pretentious, and decide that I will henceforth be known as JAH-son...or JAY-sone...or I dunno, any other nonsensical pronunciation I can imagine, then the “correct” pronunciation, when referring to me, is as such. Of course, bear in mind, for example, if I spell my name “J-A-S-O-N”, and choose to pronounce it “ham sandwich”, it may not be a bad idea to expect mispronunciation to occur somewhat frequently. :weird:

In response to Maverick: Oh, ok.

*goes digging through Google...*

Aw, yes! Mennotite/Menonite Church. It's a religious thing. We've got mostly catholics, so didn't know. 😀

Thought menanite was some kind of radioactive substance. 😀

That's what you get when you aren't a native speaker. All sorts of misunderstandings and funny whatchanot. 🙂

Hey, since I'm so stubborn, I kept searching. I came up with a site actually selling a necklace made of nessonite.

Here's the blurb:

"Right, here is a stunning new twotone color that resembles grossular garnet or NESSONITE. The predominant color is brilliant orange, softened by the areas of rich yellow. The faceted drop shape is very elegant."

Since it's a czech site, it could be a typo or a false friend. Anyway, english or not, Nessonite is actually some kind of gemstone. Not bad, innit? 🙂

Makes one proud to bear such a precious name.

That's it. Reg's!

LOL! Yeah I cam up with the same site and until I see another reference to it I'm going to assume it was typo of some sort.
I'm sorry about my spelling error. Yeah the Mennonites are like the Amish but not quite as strict.
My name continues to be a mystery. I like that. 😛

I may not be educated, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Nessonite is obviously Greek, rhymes with Aphrodite, and means "beautiful and gracious tickle devotee".
And since I'm in Amish country, I'll dazzle all with some Mennonite/Amish knowledge. The Amish split from the Mennonites in the 17th century (I think) because they thought the Mennonites were too wordly. Today there are all different kinds of Mennonites - some are no different than any other Protestant sect, and some come close to out-Amishing the Amish.

sirboggle said:
I may not be educated, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Nessonite is obviously Greek, rhymes with Aphrodite, and means "beautiful and gracious tickle devotee".
And since I'm in Amish country, I'll dazzle all with some Mennonite/Amish knowledge. The Amish split from the Mennonites in the 17th century (I think) because they thought the Mennonites were too wordly. Today there are all different kinds of Mennonites - some are no different than any other Protestant sect, and some come close to out-Amishing the Amish.

That should read "...they thought the Mennonites were too WORLDLY...".
Oh well, back to the hotel.

LOL! Consider me dazzled!
I like the idea of Nessonite being Greek (even though I made it up) just as my own first name is Greek.
Thank you for the education! I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Maybe that's my problem! I'll make a reservation now. 😛

Just keep telling yourself...it's not a conspiracy...it's not a conspiracy...

Hmmm, i'm not a very good english speaker, but using my emulated Mac OS 8.1 (SimpleText, using voice speech), i could to hear several pronunciations of your nickname, so i found out that "Nessonite" and ness-o-nite or ness-oh-nite, they sound almost like same. Besides, i found out that my nick name "cosquillero" sounds "cos-kwi-le-ro" :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:, instead of "cos-kee-yeh-roh" than it sounds almost same in spanish !! 😀

Last edited:
I say it like "Ness o' Knight".

[Woah, people really dig necromancy... er... bad pun...]

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back