• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How much interest is there in a second 2008 story contest?

I want a rematch... I was beaten once, but this time I will obliterate the competition... unless Duke decides to come out from hiding and unveil to us all THE DIVINE TK STORY 🙂

hmm i think it's a good idea..gives those creative minds out there something to shoot for other than mere praise...

i'm thinking of writing again myself..but i don't think i'll try to enter a contest..

I'm game...knowing that I'll have to take things up a notch for the next one...

I am most certainly interested and will submit a story if there is a second contest. I wasn't here for the first one.

Damn... tough competition... It will be hard to compete with you guys 🙁

Newbie, here! o.o;;

Ya know, this just might be the thing that gets me out of my super block of d00m...I think I'll go for it! ^_^ Probably gonna get my butt handed to me on a splintered wooden spike...but hey, never hurts to try! ^_^

Count me in! :super_hap

NOooooooooo... Now we have a newbie as a competition... this is the greatest problem... I have no idea about his power level... Hawk WE must destroy HIM! 🙂

hmm. so are there any prizes for winning?? or just bragging rights? lol

NOooooooooo... Now we have a newbie as a competition... this is the greatest problem... I have no idea about his power level... Hawk WE must destroy HIM! 🙂

*innocent, docile smile* Me? Competition? I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about, sir! :redface: I'm just a poor fragile harmless 'lil newbie writer who is hoping to humbly introduce his insignificant work in hopes of inducing a few slight smiles from you mighty literary powerhouses of death and destruction! How can I be competition?

😉

:::setting LaserJet to stun:::

No worries...I have them...AND YOU...covered....heheheheheh

A "Contest"?!? The utter brilliance of my previous lit'rary entry receives not a single vote from you pack of charlatans in the previous contest, and you dare ask me if I'm at all interested in ANOTHER!?!

Go away, I say! Leave me alone with my bitter tears, crushed dreams, and John Coltrane LPs. I'll be in my attic loft, doing irreparable harm to my liver, and cursing the Gods that I wasn't born in a different time, when my artistic endeavors would be heralded as the groundbreaking achievements they truly are!

::Histrionic fit continues well into the night::

Actually, my last entry was contrived shite, and I would indeed like to exonerate myself, but I'm due back in school, and I can't responsibly devote any time to a decent piece.

I am excited about all of the potential contestants thus far, though, and hope to be able to at least vote for my favorite story next go-round.

- Rick T. 😛aw:

*innocent, docile smile* Me? Competition? I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about, sir! :redface: I'm just a poor fragile harmless 'lil newbie writer who is hoping to humbly introduce his insignificant work in hopes of inducing a few slight smiles from you mighty literary powerhouses of death and destruction! How can I be competition?

😉

Easy... I have no idea how good you are and for that reason I must be on my guard... I'll be keeping my eyes on you :shock:

I said I'd enter last time... and I didn't... so maybe this time I'll say I won't enter... and I will!

Mmm, yep, I'd be in too. It might depend on the time of year, as to whether uni decides it's kicking-me-in-the-arse period or not, but I would still enter 😀

My own thoughts:

If there's another contest, I'll try to 'gin up an entry. But I do think it would be better to have the contest be once-a-year rather than twice-a-year.

I'd also like to see a rule change to explicitly allow an author to enter one of his stories posted since the last contest, rather than requiring authors to write new stories for the contest.

Well what would be the point... the winner could just re roll his entry and win again. Besides this contest is made so that we might contribute more of ourselves to TT. For that reason I think that new story is essential 🙂

Well what would be the point... the winner could just re roll his entry and win again.

No he couldn't: "Posted since the last contest" - a story that won a previous contest wouldn't qualify.

Besides this contest is made so that we might contribute more of ourselves to TT. For that reason I think that new story is essential 🙂

A fair point. But I don't think that my suggestion will hurt contributions more than it will help. Having to write a story specifically for the contest will tend to cause writers of multiple stories to hold back their out-of-contest stories, or to not bother with the contest because they can only enter their second-best.

And of course those who haven't written any stories during the past year will still have to write one for the contest.

Hmm there are no themes for the contest so even their work... their usually written stories are acceptable. Yes it is stressful, but it is also more interesting... the day with a spider I wrote was so interesting for me as a writer, but unfortunately it wasn't enough. This time I will write the continuum to it, and i doubt it will put more pressure than I have already.

My own thoughts:

If there's another contest, I'll try to 'gin up an entry. But I do think it would be better to have the contest be once-a-year rather than twice-a-year.

I'd also like to see a rule change to explicitly allow an author to enter one of his stories posted since the last contest, rather than requiring authors to write new stories for the contest.

I think that holding the contest semi-annually is fair to all those involved. Once in the spring and once in the fall is not too much. Authors who may wish to skip one to pursue other projects won't have to wait a full year for the next contest. Writing a story for the contest isn't an obligation, but a choice.

I like the idea of these friendly contests spurring authors on to really try to put a good work. There are a great deal of decent storytellers here. They simply don't have the experience of putting their thoughts to understandable and enjoyable prose.

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back