• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

If You Could Get Rid of your fetish...

At one time I would have rid my life of it, (it actually drove me to attempt suicide) but now I have accepted it...reluctantly...grr...

...you guys just try to tell yourselves that it's good to have this fetish and to be different,but I think you all wish deep inside that you would be just like everybody else.

I don't know...I've been here for years and all I've ever seen are men and women. Students in school. People with jobs, families, hobbies, religious beliefs, and common interests. To me, that is just like everyone else. And it usually seems like, for the most part, everyone here treats each other even better than "everyone else" does. I don't see people in public standing up for each other like they do here. I rarely hear the unbridled honesty and openess about particular interests and maybe it's just me, but I find it more interesting than pro football stats and comments about the "jugs on the lady that just walked by" all the time. Everything "else" is so ordinary and common and spread uninterestingly across the whole population that alot of it lacks any flavor.

Some people can go sit quietly in a tree stand from 4am till noon waiting to kill an animal. People risk death to scale a cliff with no harness. Some are "professional eaters" and spend all year gorging themselves "training" in an effort to eat over 50 hotdogs in under 12 minutes. I just can't see how this site could possibly be considered strange compared to those [or any of a trillion] other things.

well i have to say
i would get rid of mine
not that i think its bad or anything
it just has caused a lot of problems in my life
but none the less i would have never met some of the people on here
and it really is a fun fetish to have
better than some of the others

Some people can go sit quietly in a tree stand from 4am till noon waiting to kill an animal.

Ha ha. Ill be there this weekend. I cant sit till noon though, Im to ADD.🙂

I don't know...I've been here for years and all I've ever seen are men and women. Students in school. People with jobs, families, hobbies, religious beliefs, and common interests. To me, that is just like everyone else. And it usually seems like, for the most part, everyone here treats each other even better than "everyone else" does. I don't see people in public standing up for each other like they do here. I rarely hear the unbridled honesty and openess about particular interests and maybe it's just me, but I find it more interesting than pro football stats and comments about the "jugs on the lady that just walked by" all the time. Everything "else" is so ordinary and common and spread uninterestingly across the whole population that alot of it lacks any flavor.

Some people can go sit quietly in a tree stand from 4am till noon waiting to kill an animal. People risk death to scale a cliff with no harness. Some are "professional eaters" and spend all year gorging themselves "training" in an effort to eat over 50 hotdogs in under 12 minutes. I just can't see how this site could possibly be considered strange compared to those [or any of a trillion] other things.

I've made the same points many times myself. Thank you for reaffirming it. Oddly enough, when it comes to terms like "normal" and "everyone else" it's the fetishists who label themselves and treat themselves as odd or different. They're the ones that make the distinction between normal and what they feel they are, which is something other than normal, and their opinions of themselves are often either very low or lack an esteem which reflects how they're actually doing as real people. If they measured themselves as whole people, complete people, you're right, in that they'd be no different than anyone else as they have the same basic qualities and shortcomings. They're as complete and normal as normal is going to get. The feeling I always got is that they felt that society has already prejudged them, when theres no way for them to know that, so they put themselves under their own rock of shame when it's not at all necessary. While this is only true for a fraction of the people I've seen, I'm surprised they would treat or see themselves that way given how normal they actually are.

Last edited:
I dont know why anyone would want to change a part of them that defines them from everyone else.

The way I see it is that we are all different from each other through choice of interests and to get rid of them would just make us all similar people.

I dont know about all of you, but I would rather stand out than just be another face in the crowd.

Would I remove my tickle fetish? Would i remove any of my fetishes, you ask?

That would be the same as removing one of my arms or legs. So, no, I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't take away this cool aspect of my personality. After all, between my friends I'm considered a pervert and a psycho (it's not like I'm not either one of those), and they all like those aspects of my personality. Myself, I like me the way I am, and I don't give a damn even if my friends or anyone in the whole world doesn't approve. I am myself, and if you don't like me that way, don't talk to me, whoever you are.

So, the point of this post is: Normal = boring, Wacky = good!!

I've made the same points many times myself. Thank you for reaffirming it. Oddly enough, when it comes to terms like "normal" and "everyone else" it's the fetishists who label themselves and treat themselves as odd or different. They're the ones that make the distinction between normal and what they feel they are, which is something other than normal, and their opinions of themselves are often either very low or lack an esteem which reflects how they're actually doing as real people. If they measured themselves as whole people, complete people, you're right, in that they'd be no different than anyone else as they have the same basic qualities and shortcomings. They're as complete and normal as normal is going to get. The feeling I always got is that they felt that society has already prejudged them, when theres no way for them to know that, so they put themselves under their own rock of shame when it's not at all necessary. While this is only true for a fraction of the people I've seen, I'm surprised they would treat or see themselves that way given how normal they actually are.

Bingo.

Oh, yeah, and let me tell you something about those 'normal' guys and girls some of you so want to be like:
Statistics show that more than 70% of the women can't reach orgasm when having sex with a partner because of his lack of skills or similar reasons (well, mostly because of his lack of skill). Most of them fake orgasms, so 95% of the men are sure that their mate orgasms while having sex with them (statistics again). That is mostly because 'normal' people's imagination of sex is spreading the girl's legs and pumping her until they orgasm. Being that psychology and anatomy teach us that men are more easily aroused than women, and that they can reach orgasm faster, that usually means that orgasm will be left out on women. Also, very few women can actually orgasm with penetration alone (studies and statistics have shown), which leads us to conclusion: other erogenous zones must also be attended to. And speaking of erogenous zones, if you check out the areas where most women are ticklish and the places of female (and male) erogenous zones, you should discover that they mysteriously match. Coincidence? Not at all, since erogenous zones are made by nerves, rather tightly placed ones and in large numbers. Those nerves are what makes those places so highly sensitive. If we look at tickling, it works on the similar principle: provoking the nerves into reaction, and not an unpleasant one at that, since there is no pain. Therefore, the only thing preventing us from using tickling in our sex games are the prejudices built in by our society, the very society of those 70% 'normal' people mentioned in the start.
My point? Tickling is a great sex game, and don't be afraid to use it or be shy of it, as those who point the finger at you and all the other fetishists in the world are probably either one of you, but shy of it, or they are in those 70%.

So, you people who said you don't like your fetish, I must say I respect your opinions, but I ask you to think on this and ask yourselves: is it really good to be 'normal'?

So, you people who said you don't like your fetish, I must say I respect your opinions, but I ask you to think on this and ask yourselves: is it really good to be 'normal'?

Indeed. It seems that "normal" people are just common and everyday. I have learned that people who are kinky and have fetishes are considered more in touch with their sexuality and deeper than every day Joes. I think that alot of normal people deep down want to be like us. They are just too shallow to allow it, and enjoy it. They conform to the stereo type of normal and dont want to stand out.

Indeed. It seems that "normal" people are just common and everyday. I have learned that people who are kinky and have fetishes are considered more in touch with their sexuality and deeper than every day Joes. I think that alot of normal people deep down want to be like us. They are just too shallow to allow it, and enjoy it. They conform to the stereo type of normal and dont want to stand out.

I think it boils down to whether they know how to have a good time or not, and many people do without having to have fetishes and quirks. They wouldn't have to have a fetish to be inventive or do kinky things that would arrouse them more, for example. Plus, they wouldn't necessarily be sexually addicted to it either, which is one plus that they have over fetishists, who usually feel they don't have a choice and the impulse is too strong to ignore or deny.

Plus, they wouldn't necessarily be sexually addicted to it either, which is one plus that they have over fetishists, who usually feel they don't have a choice and the impulse is too strong to ignore or deny.

Not 100% true. Most of the people are slaves to sexual impulses, and fetishists are subject to that as well, true. However, I think an average fetishist has as much control as the average man does, if he embraces it. If not, the effect is what you just described. That's something like alcohol... if you know how to enjoy it (smart, don't overdrink, mostly a glass a week), then it's not such a big deal (it's not good, but it's not that bad, either), but a person who usually doesn't drink and then goes out with friends, and then starts drinking... he usually doesn't have that kind of self-control and gets so drunk that it's unhealthy.
I know it's not the best example, but it's all I can think of at the moment.

Not 100% true. Most of the people are slaves to sexual impulses, and fetishists are subject to that as well, true. However, I think an average fetishist has as much control as the average man does, if he embraces it. If not, the effect is what you just described. That's something like alcohol... if you know how to enjoy it (smart, don't overdrink, mostly a glass a week), then it's not such a big deal (it's not good, but it's not that bad, either), but a person who usually doesn't drink and then goes out with friends, and then starts drinking... he usually doesn't have that kind of self-control and gets so drunk that it's unhealthy.
I know it's not the best example, but it's all I can think of at the moment.

Thats all true, but then again, there's no such thing as an average fetish or fetishist. To say there is would require one to make the radical statement that all fetishists are motivated by the same things, which would be impossible to prove, as you'd have to assume it's all sexual for every person, for example, or all just a train of thought. There are so many categories and sub-categories and even just different ways of thinking which make a fetish unique to a person. Even just your personality shifts and molds how your fetish is going to be different from somebody else's.

Even if you wanted to compare people for the sake of unity or forming a group, it would never truly be unified. I think it's better that way. If you could put everyone under the same category or personality type, what a gross misjudgement that would be. It would be a disservice to the group as a body, and a disservice to the individuals, as a part.

Some good reading in this thread! I know my girl friend loves all the extra attention my fetish brings. It really has made our time together more exciting. I would not trade in my fetish for anything else. Like someone else said, I just wish I would have started out younger in exploring it. Who knows how much fun I missed out on.

I have thought about this personally myself. Before I became a writer I would have said yes, I would love to get rid of my tickling fetish. But after everything I've done that involved tickling and the friends I've made because of my fetish, I actually cherish it. I love writing I love tickling and the two seem to mix pretty well. Heh... But I notice on here those who find themselves normal tend to look down on people who share other fetishes. Like on here someone said "It could be worse" well what exactly did they mean by worse? What did they consider worse? I think for those who embrace their fetish they should be more understanding of others who have a different fetish no matter how strange it is. I think we all know there should be limits of course. I mean something that ends life or involves children... or farm animals should be looked down on of course. For me I have a tickling fetish, foot fetish, and hell I have a spanking fetish. And I've heard bad things about all three of those fetishes on the TMF. Which is weird since you'd have to join the TMF to bitch about tickling.

Well that enough from me.

Oh and another thing. People don't walk around with sings tied around their necks that tell what their fetishes are. I mean I know this one guy who was as "Normal" as you can get... Well I found out recently he has a breast fetish. He likes them large. lol. And this one guy I knew actually had a foot fetish. You really need to find out what you consider normal because there are trillions of people on this planet and were not mindless drones. Normal doesn't exsist amongst our kind.

I'd have to say I'd probably keep mine too. When I first found out about it, learning that my love of tickling could be considered a fetish, I had thought that it made me weird, that something wasn't right. However, the more I learned about it though, and the more sites I found about it, I learned that I wasn't as weird as I thought, as far as enjoying tickling as much as I do goes. When I ended up joining this site, that really told me that it was ok, and as a result I ended up making a lot of great friends on here, some that I am honored to consider my best friends on or off the forums. Now, I'd have to realize that having a tickle fetish is just part of who I am, and that even if I could change myself, I wouldn't really want to.
Besides, I had talked about it to some of my closest friends, and one woman I know told me "That's the sweetest fetish I've ever heard of!" so why would I want to give that up?

or farm animals should be looked down on of course

So that rules out stump-breaking?🙂

You might have to from around here to get that one.😉

Like on here someone said "It could be worse" well what exactly did they mean by worse? What did they consider worse?

That was me. He was talking about how his tickle kink was a "humiliating fetish", and, for him, it probably is. But in my experience, most people enjoy tickling/being tickled in one way or another. I guess what I meant by a "worse" fetish is getting turned on by something that belongs in a toilet; vomit, pee, faeces, etc, or getting turned on by watching mice/kitten heads getting stomped on. That's the kind of stuff that's going to have most "normal" people thinking you're a disgusting freak.

And I've heard bad things about all three of those fetishes on the TMF. Which is weird since you'd have to join the TMF to bitch about tickling.

I didn't know the two boards had so much beef. :umm:

When I ended up joining this site, that really told me that it was ok, and as a result I ended up making a lot of great friends on here, some that I am honored to consider my best friends on or off the forums.

Me too-and you're the one who dragged me outta lurkerdom, so thanks 😀
~K

Ah, everyone has some kind of perversion, you might give this one up just to take up another one, so I'd keep mine, I'm perfectly happy with it.

I've thought about it in the past, but I'm down with myself being the way I am, so why change now?

Personally, I would get rid of it. It has nothing to do with wanting to be "normal", or finding it offensive/repulsive.

Honestly, I don't think of it that way at all. "Normalcy" is a state of mind, and I find nothing repulsive about this fetish in the slightest. So why would I get rid of it? Well, for one thing, and I can't explain why, but the word "tickle" and all it's adjectives/adverbs, etc. make me physically shiver. I hate doing that. Plus, my friend has horribly achy muscles and asks me to massage her all the time, and quite frankly, when she asks me to massage her feet, it's ALL the self-control I can muster NOT to do anything to her. Because she doesn't have a fetish and doesn't think that way... Not like I do.

So I guess the real answer is: I really want to go back to what it was like BEFORE I started thinking this way. That way, I can do things and listen to things without instantly thinking about whether or not I should have a shower right afterwards. I'm not repulsed by it, but I am a bit afraid of it...

Boy, I hope I made sense, cuz I'm not so sure myself. 😵

Last edited:
Personally, I would get rid of it. It has nothing to do with wanting to be "normal", or finding it offensive/repulsive.

Honestly, I don't think of it that way at all. "Normalcy" is a state of mind, and I find nothing repulsive about this fetish in the slightest. So why would I get rid of it? Well, for one thing, and I can't explain why, but the word "tickle" and all it's adjectives/adverbs, etc. make me physically shiver. I hate doing that. Plus, my friend has horribly achy muscles and asks me to massage her all the time, and quite frankly, when she asks me to massage her feet, it's ALL the self-control I can muster NOT to do anything to her. Because she doesn't have a fetish and doesn't think that way... Not like I do.

So I guess the real answer is: I really want to go back to what it was like BEFORE I started thinking this way. That way, I can do things and listen to things without instantly thinking about whether or not I should have a shower right afterwards. I'm not repulsed by it, but I am a bit afraid of it...

Boy, I hope I made sense, cuz I'm not so sure myself. 😵

Nobody likes feeling like they're not in control of their bodies or minds, and when a fetish is the cause of it, it's made all the more worse, almost as if your addiction is mocking you. It can make people feel weak and vulnerable, not knowing whether they're going to stay the same or get worse. Don't be afraid, though, because if you had less control than you thought you did, you'd be rationalizing your behaviors, in regards to the fetish. That you're willing to admit to yourself and us that you don't want it this way shows signs that you are in enough control and in a state of mind where, through helpful, healthy mental exercises, you could return to a, shall I say "pre-fetish" state, where it may be possible for you to reduce the impact of the temptations on your mind. For example, if you're able to improve and strengthen your resolve, it's possible that the fetish will only tempt your curiousity towards exploiting a person or situation for your own pleasure, whereas, where you are now, you're extremely tempted to exploit it with less and less thinking behind it. Theres more of a sense to give it a thought than a feeling of a call to action.

That may not seem like much of a difference (and both can still end in the same result), but you will have made a huge improvement there for later temptations. You went from HAVING to do something about it (perhaps masturbating to a fantasy later) to just being curious as to the possibility of what the situation with that person COULD have led to and being satisfied with a brief fantasy. It's about baby steps. You can't just undo years of mental association of your pleasure centers by abstaining from your fetish. It's about being able to get to a place to tell your mind that it's not necessary to go through with what your body is telling you to do and that you can skip it. People like to think they have no control, often as an excuse to stay where they are not help themselves, but people often times have as much control as they're willing to give themselves. You sound like you have enough self-restraint and good judgement calls that you can help yourself get out of that rut. It all starts with you having a desire to do something about it, and it sounds to me like you have that.

Last edited:
What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back