• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Is There Life Out There??

Maverick, maybe the almighty at first made these dummy planets, then said "Damn, I'm bored. I wanna try something new." and thus came a planet bearing the seeds of life 😀

Good points, guys. See? It's awful hard to discuss a scientific theory of this magnitude without at least delving into the religious/supernatural. There's nothing saying that there can't be a higher power behind or involved with science, escpecially in the creation/population of a Universe. Be it God, Nature-as-sentience or Universe-as-organism, there just has to be something behind the order of it all, and even the order in the chaos of it all.

This has been a really good thread, by the way. 😎

Well, it's also possible, while many will argue that it's unlikely, that it's all random, that there is no order to it. That whatever happens happens, and that nothing exists out there that determines a purpose.

Shining, that was not my point. Note the term "wasteful". That is, inefficiency, which the example you provided displays.

kurchatovium said:
The question remains though, is there intelligent life on earth?🙂

What does inti......intelle.....inty.......umm, that word mean? 😛

maverick83 said:
Shining, that was not my point. Note the term "wasteful". That is, inefficiency, which the example you provided displays.

Theres no need for insults :sowrong:

What part of my reply do you consider an insult? I simply meant that creating these "dummy planets" would have been inefficient.

Oh ok nevermind then I thought u were saying my response to your post was a waste 😕

Nope. Not what I meant. Sorry. 🙁 I should have been more specific and worded it more carefully. No insult intended.😀

No prob Maverick, anyone believe that maybe aliens have been here before but so long ago we thought they were gods and other mythical creatures

As a certified space-aholic, NASA junkie, I have to say these conversations intrigue me!

But, they also bring to mind a whole other idea of "life out there."

What if this place we call the Milky Way is really just a speck of dust in the air of another place in time. "Boil that dust speck! Boil that dust speck! Remember, a person's a person no matter how small~!"

Joby

here we go again ice!

i agree with you! i too believe we've been visited in our past, and the locals thought them gods. i think that's what all the pyramids are for, somehow. and stonehedge.
steve

Interesting thought, JoBelle. Several years ago, I read a novel (can't remember the title though) with a similar speculation, constructed on the fractal similarity of structures in stellar systems and atoms:

What if all the solar systems are just atoms, the galaxies are molecules, and our whole universe is only one cell in a huge, n-dimensional organism? That way, one could explain why all scientific laws work in our whole universe. They would just work according to an n-dimensional DNA program. We would never get even the slightest idea of what our cell is doing in this organism; the scale is just too big. Some would explain this fact with the word 'God'.

You could even develop this idea further, by speculating that each atom in our world is just an incredible tiny solar system, with even tinier beings on the 'planets' (electrons), and they in turn are built of micro-atoms which could be solar systems themselves, etc. etc. etc. And again, we'll never get an idea what these small worlds would look like or how they function; the scale is just too small. Would we be the 'God' of such a smaller universe?

This idea would also be corresponding with one strange observation in our own universe: Everything seems to be constructed in fractal structures, i.e. every feature of nature is repeating in constantly smaller scales (best example: coastlines, or trees). But of course I realize that this is not even a scientific theory, merely a philosophic brain-wrecker (albeit a very interesting one!)… :wow:

Is there life out there?

Plant a billion grains of wheat in a fertile field, churn it and turn it, stir in a few good chemicals, and I'll lay odds more than one will grow.

Rxx

If aliens ever met Martha Stewart, they'd wage war on us. Otherwise, we're probably the coolest race out there. Zabraks and Twi'leks are pretty cool, but just not as cool as we. Dave will know what I'm talking about.

Dude, Ice! I can't believe I'm hearing this. (Well, reading it...) I developed a theory about that nearly three years ago. I think it's very possible, but I've become more oriented toward my newer theories dealing with misinterpretations and the resulting metaphors. I won't get into it right now. Of course, you could very easily incorporate the two ideas into one, as they are both based on the idea that people from a long time ago wouldn't comprehend modern knowledge and technology. I must say it's a relief to know I'm not alone in this type of thinking.🙂

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back