• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

New - Misato (Evangelion) - ffff/f (Nudity)

Senshi said:
Feathers/Fhgwagadds - Thanks guys! 😀 That's really appreciated.

Anybody who isn't really interested in the talky-theory part of Evangelion can stop reading now - this is just going to be me babbling.

Vlad - Personally, I tend to see it more as "ambitious" than pretentious, but I guess I can also see why other people wouldn't like it. There's a lot more thought required for this then, say, Slayers or Tenchi Muyo. You have to really concentrate on what's happening, and that just isn't everyone's bag (daydream for more than 10 seconds and you might as well start over from episode 1 😛 ).

As for the ending, I have to be honest, I loved it! The ending of the original series, that is. I think it's more than adequate. Although I can't say anything against "End of Evangelion", either.

Personally, however, and I might be wrong, but I think that the two are seperate endings. The series ending was how Ano intended it to be - instrumentality works. The reason I think it works is that the text at the start of the last episode points out that the following 20 minutes shows instrumentality happening thrugh one person's (Shinji) viewpoint, and that it'd take too long to show the rest.

......... Actually, no. I think I get it now. By that it means that some people accept instrumentality and some reject it, and Shinji could just be one who rejects it (hence all the "congratulations" at the end). Some accept it and some don't. Yeah, that makes sense.

Well I guess I just kind of explained it to myself. 😛 Oh well. Interested to hear your take on the ending(s) though, Vlad, as I know you're very much into the series.

I don't brag about animes I honestly don't know much about, but Neon Genesis Evangelion is definitely one of those series I have a sound knowledge of in almost every angle. Owning the series for years now has allowed me to notice alot or most/all of the symbolizism, metaphors, easter eggs and hidden inserts he put into his anime.

Theres never been a legitimate question that was not designed to be a trick that I could not answer or hypothesize on, save for a few inconsistances that Ano doesn't clear up or release the information for. Alot of these things are intentionally ambiguous and are hard to answer for that reason. Alternatively, some are not meant to have an answer and it's up to the otaku to make that answer whatever they want it to be or whatever makes sense to them.

But, yes, the series ending was on a high note, which was fine. I liked it and didn't have a problem with it. However, Ano was teasing the audiance because he didn't actually show Intstrumentality taking place, though he showed dead bodies and quick flashes of scenes that would be in in the movie.

He basically skipped the action and just made a conclusion and made the last two episodes about an internal struggle rather than into a war of the japanese government on Nerv and THEN 3rd Impact.

He knew people wanted more, so he gave them more and all the details....and gore and blood. LOL

It's not like the movie ending wasn't similar to the ending of the series anyway. The result is the same, it's just shown in a different tone.

Last edited:
I never saw the series, but every picture tells me to do so....as does this one. great work! 😀

Thanks H2! 😀 I love thee.

And Vlad, Eva has a lot of fans - I'm sure if you started drawing more of it, it'd go down pretty well. 😛

Senshi said:
Thanks H2! 😀 I love thee.

And Vlad, Eva has a lot of fans - I'm sure if you started drawing more of it, it'd go down pretty well. 😛

I've never sung anime karaoke before, but this series makes me want to do like that. I feel a theme song coming on. 😉

Seriously though, I keep telling myself I'm going to draw more Eva, but I never do it. This week has been slow for me in the art department. This California heat saps away my will. I'd prefer it if it were winter or fall right now. I feel more alive in cold weather.

Senshi, Have I told you I love your art lately?

....If not, well, I love your art senshi! 🙂

Aww, thank you a1532b. 😀 I love you like a lover. A lover full of wet, hot, throbbing passion.

Vlad - I know exactly how you feel about the heat. >_<;; It's so hot it's not even funny. It'd be cool to see more Eva from you though. 😀

Senshi said:
Vlad - I know exactly how you feel about the heat. >_<;; It's so hot it's not even funny. It'd be cool to see more Eva from you though. 😀

As I told my peeps on DA, "this isn't freaking Zimbabwe! XD"

We ain't in the middle of the bush, man! It was what....nearly a 100 today!

Yeah, it's been ridiculous. Even here in the Land of the Drizzly Rain, things have gotten way too hot to handle (and if one more customer comes into the shop asking for fans, I'm going to tell them straight: "I'm sorry, we sold out a long time ago").

The heat makes people do crazy things. So you'd better be ready to protect yourself if they get violent with you.

LOL Thanks. 😀

*shameless plug*

And don't forget to check out the "WTF" series - exclusive to TT! (New episodes coming soon)

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back