• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

New Pope is Elected!

I think what this all comes down to is this. Who was the best man to defend the doctrine of the faith? That eliminates all debate about changing them. Now, that having been said, there are things that can be changed. Not everything is considered infallible teaching. And, not everything is a matter of doctrine. Some things are based on tradition rather than doctrine. Those things are open for change...and may actually be changed at some point. While seen as a hardliner on doctrinal issues, this is a man who is open to change on other things. I think we may be in for some surprises.

Vlad... As to our pastor and his attitudes. We have a very open and somewhat active parish with quite a mix of people. They all give him a lot of love and support. I think the problem lies more in the issue that faces all priests who were active before Vatican 2. That is the fact that the changes of Vatican 2 were never properly taught to the clergy. So, it left them to guess what was to be done. Some did an excellent job of properly implementing changes...mostly those who actually read the documents. But, the vast majority were left floundering with their backbone having been cut out. Many decided to just do what they wanted to do. Thus, all the confusion and error that's out there. The priests coming out of seminary since have much of the same problem. They weren't properly taught. So, how could they go out and teach properly? I have a good friend who actually left seminary for a year because he was being taught heresy. Thankfully, he was allowed to go elsewhere to finish his studies and is now an excellent priest.

Anyway, back to Benedict XVI... I think we'll see a mix of things. From what he's said, I think one of them is likely to be re-education of our clergy so that we're all on the same page. Time will tell.

One amusing anecdote before I quit. Most have heard that he has often been refered to as JP2's rottweiler. One of the cardinals they were talking with on EWTN shared a funny story. He (Ratzinger) and JP2 were being interviewed, I think by the Vatican news. Then Cardinal Ratzinger was asked about the nickname. Neither he nor JP2 had obviously heard it before then. They looked at one another and cracked up. Then Ratzinger started barking. JP2 patted him on the shoulder and said "Down boy!" I think that beautifully illustrates two things...the fact that they don't take themselves personally as seriously as many claim and the fact that they aren't going to worry about popular opinion. They aren't there to win that. They're there to win souls.

Ann

Last edited:
What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back