• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Oh No! Illegal downloading lawsuits start this week! RUN AWAY, BE SCARED...

lol

What the RIAA says: "Filesharing of mp3s takes money from hard-working artists, and hurts the economy, and is sort of like communism... and... uh... It makes you a BAD BAD NASTY EVIL PERSON!!!"

What the RIAA means: "Oh F*CK! If the mp3 music format becomes too popular, then artists will atart releasing material directly to consumers! Our little consortium of middle-men will be up shit creek! Quick, let's re-write and re-interpret America's copyright laws and go sue someone!"

The RIAA should just be honest. Somebody should BS them the way they did us. "Hey, if you guys be honest, we might stop sharing files" "Duhhh okay. We sorry! We told you that it came out of the artists pockets, when it really came out of ours!" Then everybody laughs, and starts downloading so much music that everyone working for the RIAA craps their pants as they lose their jobs. Hey, maybe we should do that! Download so much music that the RIAA gets shut down. I don't care if they lose their jobs. They're working for an evil, lying company. Getting somebody from the RIAA fired/laid off is the same as killing a terrorist.

I have quit downloading music since all these lawsuits started. These companies are right. It is completely wrong to download a couple of songs by an artist. So, instead, i encourage you all to do what I do. Go to your local library, find ALL of the CD's you like, (and even some you don't, cuz hell, they're free), and COPY THOSE MOTHERS!!!! Maybe if these record companies stopped charging me $15 for something that costs them less than a dollar to make, I would consider buying them. The only drawback to this is, like they always tell us, if you download or copy music rather than buying it THE TERRORISTS WIN! I don't yet know how, but that's the message i've been getting.

Actually, they've been telling us that "mafia would win".
I wonder why they bother, *now*.

How does that work? You know, the government BSing us with "if you do drugs, you're funding terrorists" is one thing, (which is also BS, because when/if I buy drugs, it's from my cousins. My money goes to them. They buy larger quantities from THEIR cousins, and their money goes to them. They grow it. Last time I checked, there's no puerto ricans in the Al Qaeda.) but how is downloading music supporting terrorists? I don't remember Britney Spears, or the Insane Clown Posse (yes, they've joined the RIAA, too. Fucking mainstream pigs.) using their money to fund our troops. What imbeciles!

Anyhow, you're a damn fool if you think there'll be a penalty in downloading music. It works like this: even your ISP doesn't know what you're doing. All they see is a flow of data. They see maybe 40-90 mb files being transferred to your computer. For all they know, it could be lots of stuff that you made, or stuff that's free. Like, you can download the original GTA for free, from Rockstar. 300 megabytes. Anyhow, if nobody knows you're downloading songs, how are you gonna get caught? Ever heard of mIRC? Use it sometime. Also, get a firewall. Anytime somebody tries to do anything to you, track you, whatever, your firewall will most likely create a log of the IP addresses that connect to you. If the RIAA has somebody getting passed your firewall to track you, -gasp gasp- that's ILLEGAL! Meaning if they tried to take you to court, all that evidence would be totally unusable in court, meaning there's no case.

Last edited:
Dunno. I don't usually listen to modern "amerikanski" music. 😉 😉 😉

Well, since I'm from a country where the only way to get to some games is through piracy, where you pay 40$ for a music CD or a game in stores and 2$ at pirates and where the ENTIRE COUNTRY HAS THE SAME CD-KEY OF BLOODY WIN XP( :weird: ), I have positive attitude towards piracy. I mean, in my country, everybody buys the pirate version first and then IF they REALLY like the game, they buy it(ussualy). Personally, I don't think that piracy is good, but I also think that prices at retail stores are unreasonably high. I mean, it's good to be paid for your work, but too much is just too much.

Yeah well... I don't care to much for downloading music because I don't like having to have a special program for it. To me that right there is bs. They just want to get into your puter with spyware and snoop around. I can go to any legit rom site I want to and download directly without any "special download/file sharing program" and some of the stuff I get 3+ MB per file so, there is no excuse that such a bs program is needed to download mp3's either. My hack advisor has warned me numerous times of downloading from all those type places such as kazza, e-donkey and all and I take his advice as he has never steered me wrong. As for copyright and all, in some cases I agree that it's wrong and in some cases I agree that it can't hurt. If you're going out and mass duplicating PS2, XBOX and GC software and passing around then YES, you're rocking the boat of the gaming industry and if enough people get to doing that, it'll flip on over and there'll be another video game crash but, as far as making copies of rentals and borrowed games and even giving out a few to your buddies isn't going to make a signifigant difference. Lets take GBA games for instance. How many of us have a GBA emu and a ton of roms to match? Now it is pretty obvious that playing handheld games on a PC isn't going to be so satifying that you wont go out and buy a GBA or N-Guage or whatever. GBA emulation is actually good for GBA bussiness. I know lots of emuheads who both own and emulate GBA game play and I too intend to get a GBA. I would've had one already but, I like to wait until the prices drop way down. If not for GBA emulation and rom dumping my interests in that system would be miniscule to say the least. Is it copyright infringement? Yes but, not harmfully so. It really depends on how it effects the industry over all. Corporations are just greedy. Rich people are obsessed with money and trying to see who can make the most. They don't REALLY CARE about your thoughts and feelings as long as you buy their product. The moment you question their authority they will visciously lash out. I know because I've experienced it first hand. "Just be a good little consumer, keep your mouth shut and by our shit." THAT is the way the corporations operate and YES, I am against it and YES I am an emu pirate and I download a few other things that I normally couldn't afford and guess what? I don't loose a wink of sleep. :snob:

Last edited:
i knew someone would pipe in, supporting the vampiric money leeching companies and such. superb thread, shedevil.

and whoever whines and complains about workers getting laid off for stealing flicks and music, all i have to say is shove it. you know how many billions of dollars the movie industry has? the small time workers need not worry.

Actually, GBA emulation is bad for nintendo. Ten years ago, not too many people were capable of producing carts that contain mass amounts of games, playable on their SNES/Genesis by themselves. However, you can do this for the GBA. It's called making "Flash Cards". They contain numerous amounts of GBA games, and they're terribly easy to make, considering all you need is to buy a flash card, (reasonably cheap). If you buy a 1 gb flash card, it can hold up to 32 gba games. They sell them in a box set. it comes with the flash card, USB Linker, USB Cable, Software and Driver Disk, and a manual in english, german, french and spanish. All you gotta do is install the driver and software, plug that baby into your PC and download 32 of your favorite GBA games onto the card. Not to mention, this software enables you to plug real GBA games into your USB port and make roms yourself.... Good for Nintendo? I think not, unless they start selling the flash cards themselves and racking up the prices.

Last edited:
Oh yeah... the flash cards. I thought it was mainly emus for other systems that those are used for and I had no idea that that more than just 1 GBA game could fit on an FC. Hmmm. Guess I put my foot in my mouth on that one too. BTW, you wouldn't happen to know where I could get USB cart adapters for dumping roms would you? I could really use that stuff for making V,! dumps.

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back