• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Paranormal thread, go!

Wade... too much bad joke. I'ma sic Helen on ya.

Hey now don't drag me into th.......oh wait was that Wade you were saying to get??Then you may carry on.hehe.

How about aliens do you believe in their existence?

{insert dumb immigration reform joke here}

Have there ever been any incidences of tickling as one of the techniques in those alien abduction and 'probe' accounts? :wooha:

Attachments

• alien.JPG
    alien.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 3
IMO, Wiccan spells aren't really all that different from prayers (Christian or otherwise) in function, since both are often invocations of supernatural forces to bring about a desired result...it just so happens that said supernatural powers come from within as opposed to without (according to some covens; I know that most abide by the "god/goddess" dynamic). Really, as far as I can tell, the biggest difference is in form as Wiccan spells tend to be more ritualistic than prayers (and really only marginally so as casting a circle has just as much significance to a Wiccan as crossing oneself to a Christian). In the end, all it really takes is faith in something. And faith itself is a strange force.

EDIT: I'd be interested in reading about any other experiences you may have had as a Wiccan, if you wish to relate such experiences...

It sounds like you're really knowledgeable about Wicca yourself. What you've said falls pretty much in line with what I was taught and came to believe myself. A spell is truthfully no more or less powerful than a fervant prayer. I suppose it was easier for me to trust in a power that came from myself than another being. (A failing of mine, I guess you could say.) I might share more at some point, we'll see. I usually kept things pretty quiet regarding the things I've done, mostly to not give people the idea that they could just go out and cast whatever, and to avoid any sort of negative reaction I might get from people. But we'll see. n_n

I do infact believe strongly in extra terrestrial life. I've been deeply interested by ufology since I was like 11, in fact. You could say it was what hooked me into the world of the paranormal. n_n

Cool.I used to watch a tv programme called Strange But True and that looked at paranormal/alien activities-that's what got me hooked on it.

Hmm, one of the few experiences I've had that could be classed as 'Paranormal' (although I tend to remain deliberately sceptical in such things) was a really vivid daydream that I have sometimes wondered whether it was a flashback to a past life.

I was on a train heading to college, and I either dozed off, or was completely daydreaming (trains do tend to make my mind wander), and I had a really vivid sensation of being on another train. I felt as though I was seated on the floor of a rickety wooden boxcar, wearing a green uniform and holding a rifle. I later discovered this uniform to be the pre-1945 Red Army uniform. The car was packed with other soldiers who were mostly standing. My mind seemed to pick out a female soldier among the ranks as being somehow important. The door of the car was open as we trundled through a rolling green landscape.

What made this experience different from my normal daydreams was a vivid sensation of actually being there. While I was experiencing this, the memories of my 'real' life had vanished, replaced by actual emotional sensations. I remember the feelings exactly. There was an atmosphere in the air, a mixture of anticipation, excitement, pride and more than a little fear.

Ironically, I later dismissed this experience as being produced by my imagination after watching the film 'Enemy at the Gates'. There was a scene of soldiers being transported to Stalingrad, locked into an extremely cramped car, without even room to sit down. This was so different from my experience that I wrote it off as a falsification of mind. For example, the open car door that I remembered... surely people would just leave?

It was only after looking up the film on Wikipedia that I found out that the film-makers had been criticised for their somewhat 'liberal' use of historical facts (Red Army veterans even petitioned the Russian Duma to ban the film in the country). I discovered that when transporting troops, the Red Army deliberately left car doors open, in case of aerial attack. I also discovered that room was left to sit/lie down wherever there was space, as journeys across Russia could take days.

All this has left me wondering whether or not it was a memory, rather than a creation of my imagination. I don't personally take it as evidence of a past life, as I feel there is no way of proving it either way. :]

Attachments

• bud.jpg
    bud.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I've been interested in aliens since I was a child. There is so much you could take about there. ^^

Hmm, one of the few experiences I've had that could be classed as 'Paranormal' (although I tend to remain deliberately sceptical in such things) was a really vivid daydream that I have sometimes wondered whether it was a flashback to a past life.

I was on a train heading to college, and I either dozed off, or was completely daydreaming (trains do tend to make my mind wander), and I had a really vivid sensation of being on another train. I felt as though I was seated on the floor of a rickety wooden boxcar, wearing a green uniform and holding a rifle. I later discovered this uniform to be the pre-1945 Red Army uniform. The car was packed with other soldiers who were mostly standing. My mind seemed to pick out a female soldier among the ranks as being somehow important. The door of the car was open as we trundled through a rolling green landscape.

What made this experience different from my normal daydreams was a vivid sensation of actually being there. While I was experiencing this, the memories of my 'real' life had vanished, replaced by actual emotional sensations. I remember the feelings exactly. There was an atmosphere in the air, a mixture of anticipation, excitement, pride and more than a little fear.

Ironically, I later dismissed this experience as being produced by my imagination after watching the film 'Enemy at the Gates'. There was a scene of soldiers being transported to Stalingrad, locked into an extremely cramped car, without even room to sit down. This was so different from my experience that I wrote it off as a falsification of mind. For example, the open car door that I remembered... surely people would just leave?

It was only after looking up the film on Wikipedia that I found out that the film-makers had been criticised for their somewhat 'liberal' use of historical facts (Red Army veterans even petitioned the Russian Duma to ban the film in the country). I discovered that when transporting troops, the Red Army deliberately left car doors open, in case of aerial attack. I also discovered that room was left to sit/lie down wherever there was space, as journeys across Russia could take days.

All this has left me wondering whether or not it was a memory, rather than a creation of my imagination. I don't personally take it as evidence of a past life, as I feel there is no way of proving it either way. :]

The jury's still out with me when it comes to reincarnation. I know that lots of religions believe in such a thing, so perhaps there's some cosmic truth to the idea of past lives, but I've really never been able to make a decision on the matter for myself. One interesting phenomenon that sometimes happens with reincarnation, however, is called an announcing dream. In it, the person to be reincarnated visits the expectant mother in her dreams and lets her know that her child will carry a reincarnated soul. So, as strange as it may sound, probably the best place to start if you want any sort of answers (if they can even be called "answers") might be your mom. Interesting story, regardless of what you may or may not find out.

It sounds like you're really knowledgeable about Wicca yourself.

I've been interested in the religion since I was a sophomore in high school, though my relationship with it has always been strictly "look, dont touch."

What you've said falls pretty much in line with what I was taught and came to believe myself. A spell is truthfully no more or less powerful than a fervant prayer. I suppose it was easier for me to trust in a power that came from myself than another being. (A failing of mine, I guess you could say.)

I suppose that really all depends upon from whence the power associated with faith comes. Faith in and of itself is a strange animal and we really haven't begun to understand its effects on people (for good or ill) or even what faith is as a motivating force. It might be a supernatural power funneled through a deity, or it might be simply a case of "mind over matter." I guess the real point is that if it works for you, can it really be considered a "failing?" Perhaps from the perspectives of some, but everyone always thinks his or her own path is best... and my path seems to be incessant babbling.

I might share more at some point, we'll see. I usually kept things pretty quiet regarding the things I've done, mostly to not give people the idea that they could just go out and cast whatever, and to avoid any sort of negative reaction I might get from people. But we'll see. n_n

*shrugs* I understand that Wiccan spells, like prayers, are deeply personal experiences. Whatever you feel comfortable with is fine with the rest of us, I'm sure.

I know I do. I don't believe that the human race will survive long enough (what with the constantly deteriorating state of our environment) to ever meet them on a close, personal basis, but I do believe that they exist. And I suppose that's what saddens me the most...the idea that we'll never be able to share as a race our history, art, music, or beliefs with other sentient beings. No one will really mourn us when we're gone because, as far as we know, no one else really knows that we're here (and if they do, they aren't letting us know in any tangeble way). No one will sing a eulogy for us, a race that will only whimper and cry when the end truly comes. Even if we go out with a bang, no one will hear it but the greater powers of the universe who hear all and know all. When it's all over, it will be as though we never existed.

Alien light rods are kinda cool. I wonder what causes those.

I've had many minor experiences myself. For example once I was with friends and one's cell phone has a rediculous ringtone. Suddenly I heard her phone ringing, and she was sitting doing nothing. I told her that her cell's ringing. She said what the hell are you talking about? then the cell started to ring! It was like I heard it 10 seconds ahead of anyone else =/

I've had many minor experiences myself. For example once I was with friends and one's cell phone has a rediculous ringtone. Suddenly I heard her phone ringing, and she was sitting doing nothing. I told her that her cell's ringing. She said what the hell are you talking about? then the cell started to ring! It was like I heard it 10 seconds ahead of anyone else =/

Strange you mention this...in the December issue of Fortean Times (I believe, gotta recheck that), there's an article about some European guy who did a study on this sort of phenomenon and tried to present his findings at some European science convention. He was jeered off the stage because it wasn't considered "real science." The irony is, of course, in the fact that the criteria is entirely subjective.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back