• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Personal Avatars

gallicus

TMF Novice
Hey all,

I'm just curious, but for those of you that don't use one of the default avatars, what does your avatar mean or symbolize? I guess for some it would be obvious, if it is a picture of themself for instance, but I've seen some interesting ones and I don't know their meaning. Is it for simple aesthetics, or is it something else?

I may as well start the ball rolling and explain mine. The avatar I use is a picture of my good friend Plato. Unfortunately I've never met him, as he has been dead for about 2400 years, but I've gotten to known him by studying philosophy, which I started doing about 4 years ago. Ancient Greek philosophy is not my focus within philosophy (I'm leaning heavily towards Ethics now - from Mill and Kant to present -- especially applied ethics like abortion, euthenasia, capital punishment, etc. - as well as political philosophy), but I can't help but truly admire Plato as I read his major works. Foremost among them being the Republic. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. It can be good for anyone to read, and while some of it is outdated, much of it is still relavent even in our society today. Perhaps moreso now than it was then, in some cases.

Anywho, I ramble. Long story short, my avatar represents my love of philosophy (which is the love of wisdom), and I could think of no better icon for philosophy than perhaps the greatest pillar of philosophy that has ever existed.

Oh, and if any of you are into or enjoy philosophy and want to talk, you can PM me or even feel free to make a thread or two on various topics. If I see them, I'll probobly reply.

My avatar, "Whip Girl," is an image I picked up off a F/M spanking forum 😉 I use her to indicate that I'm a lifestyle domme, although I don't use whips and riding crops in real life 🙂

I found mine on a desktop wallpaper site. This is it right here.

Attachments

• rounded-box-reflections.jpg
    rounded-box-reflections.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 42
My present avatar is a XV century, Italian nasal-sallet. Or was it a reinforced barbut? They are closely related, actually.

Anyways...
Did it myself, so all blame goes to me. 😀

Why you ask? Why not? I'd put a Morean Karea, but it loses too much at *that* resolution. 😀

Mine is the Tiger Hawk, one of the symbols for the University of Iowa one of my alma maters

Mine is obviously of Count Vladislaus Dracula as protrayed by actor Richard Roxburgh in the movie Van Helsing.

Being that Vladislaus Dracula is my SN, it only makes sense that my avatar would be of the Count himself. Although it is also for aesthetics, as I often animate my avatars when I make them (and would do more with them if the byte limit was larger).

To go into more detail however, I also choose this particular version of Dracula because him and I do bare a resemblance some people have told me, although I don't necessarily see it.

Further more, my real name is Damien. Thats the name of the son of the devil in the Omen series (staring Sam Neil). The link to Dracula that I have coincidentally is that he also is rumored to be the son of the devil as well.

My current one is simply there because it amuses me to no end. 😛 It doesn't really symbolize anything. My past avatar (Which I'll replace this one with when I cease to be amused by it, and a bigger version of which I have included below) is more symbolic. It is of Drew, a character in the webcomic Mac Hall. His bio from the Mac Hall website is as follows:

"
Drew has discovered that computer science is like sewer repair: It pays so well because nobody really wants to do it. Facing down a future of endlessly trudging through databases, Drew exists in a state of permanent pissed-offedness, a bubbling volcano of cynicism an free-floating hostility."

While not a computer science major, I find myself feeling like that most of the time. My anger is simply directed at this world and all on it instead of computer science. I may be nice online (I hope XP), but offline is a different matter. I also have the same stylke of glasses and a semi-similar goatee/beard thingy.

Attachments

• Drew13.jpg
    Drew13.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 11
The screen name comes from the Haunted Mansion ride at Disney World, so I just wanted a simple ghost icon.

My avatar is the closest pic I could find on the net that looks like the DC comic book of General Zod For some reason he is my favorite super villian Imagine someone with the powers of Superman,but he is evil instaed of good

I just like this picture, well its one of my favs, but if I was to pin a meaning on it, I'd say I wish I was the ler in that situation 🙂

it's actually this picture, but I resized it

Attachments

• t22.jpg
    t22.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
HisDivineShadow said:
My current one is simply there because it amuses me to no end. 😛 It doesn't really symbolize anything. My past avatar (Which I'll replace this one with when I cease to be amused by it, and a bigger version of which I have included below) is more symbolic. It is of Drew, a character in the webcomic Mac Hall. His bio from the Mac Hall website is as follows:

"
Drew has discovered that computer science is like sewer repair: It pays so well because nobody really wants to do it. Facing down a future of endlessly trudging through databases, Drew exists in a state of permanent pissed-offedness, a bubbling volcano of cynicism an free-floating hostility."

While not a computer science major, I find myself feeling like that most of the time. My anger is simply directed at this world and all on it instead of computer science. I may be nice online (I hope XP), but offline is a different matter. I also have the same stylke of glasses and a semi-similar goatee/beard thingy.

Dude, seriously, finish watching Evangelion. Then you'll REALLY laugh at your avatar and never want to part with it. 😛

Mine is a girl called "roxanne" from Foot Paradise, and represent my barefeet tickling fetish, besides that model has amazing feet to my taste.

My avatar is a combination of two gay pride symbols, the rainbow flag and the ping triangle.

The Rainbow Flag as we know it today was developed by San Francisco artist Gilbert Baker in 1978. At the time, there was a need for a gay symbol which could be used year after year for the San Francisco Gay and Lesbian Pride Parade. Baker took inspiration from many sources, from the hippies movement to the black civil rights movement, and came up with a flag with these colors.....

Red for life,
Orange for healing,
Yellow for the sun,
Green for nature,
Blue for art,
Violet for spirit

The pink triangle, with the point down, was created in the Nazi death camps during WW2. Hitler had his soldiers place a symbol on each prisoner's uniform that showed why they were in the camps. Gay men had a pink trinangle. Over 100,000 men were killed in the camps for being gay.

Last edited:
Mine is Vegeta from DBZ.
I just like anime's and I always loved this character.
Plus my name (; So I took him as an avatar.

Mine is of Spike and drusilla from Buffy the vampire slayer. I had a bunch of icons from live journal but only one that fit the requirements was that(i posted a better larger different image in my profile)

Spike is my fave char in the series so i figured why not, It has nothin to do with my handle on the boards here but i decided to just keep the name rather than change it. Plus i couldnt think of anythin origional other than goodieluver

Darth Vegeta said:
Mine is Vegeta from DBZ.
I just like anime's and I always loved this character.
Plus my name (; So I took him as an avatar.

Heh, just to nitpick, yer icon is majin vegita

Either way, best character and true saiyajin warrior

I know it's Maijin Vegeta (; My favourite form for him. SS2 or SS2 Ultra depending what fanbased category of power you use. In any case one of his greatest moments in the series.
Seconded by Super Saiyan Vegeta. He had a few very good episodes in either form.

It's amazing how a simple show like that. And yes it is simple... just basically hitting each other... .
Can fascinate people for over 20 years.
Dragonball arose from my birthdate 😛

Though perhaps the fact that in it's genre it's so original... it has so many fans and haters.

Well...my favourite band is Muse...and the picture is of Matt Bellamy, the frontman of Muse. 🙂

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back