• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Protecting your computer privacy

Ok, I've found out how to get rid of previous adresses in Internet explorer. The process isnt hugely tricky, but it does involve editing the registry ( 😵 ). Anyway, here are the steps for anyone who is interested:

(If at any stage you are unsure about what you are doing, read through the instructions again. Messing with the registry can have some nasty consequesnces on your system, though following these steps shouldn't cause any trouble at all 🙂 )

Go to Start, and "run". In the run window, type "Regedit", and press ok.
In the new window that has appeared, open the "My Computer" directory. In there, open the directory called "HKEY_CURRENT-USER". Next, open the "Software" directory. In the software directory, open the directory "Microsoft". Under the microsoft directory, open the directory "Internet Explorer". And finally, open the "Typed URLs" Directory.

Now, on the right hand side, you should see a list. At the top is (default), and nunderneath that is url1, url2 etc. Clicking each one will tell you what it is. Press delete, and confirm the delete to get rid of the web address you dont want to see (For example, www.tickletheater.com 😉 ).

I'll add this to the main screen. Hope it helps 😀 .

Alas, I tried that already. There were no values except the default under TypedURLs. I checked every other branch of the registry that had Software-Microsoft-InternetExplorer as well.

Basically IE is a pain in the ass. It stores a data in a hidden file called INDEX.DAT. This file is difficult to edit, as access is restricted for users to modify their own file. There are several ways around, but I figure for the purposes of this, you might want to try this program:

http://www.purgeie.com/index.htm

It is apparently very effective 😀 . Anyway, hope this helps!

MistressValerie said:
CCleaner also cleans up the index.dat file. I haven't used it myself but two of my friends recommend it. Free at http://www.ccleaner.com/

Didn't work. It deleted a whole lot of stuff, but TT still comes up if I type www.t. Also, if I hit Open and just type one letter, a whole list comes up. I thought these might have been my bookmarks, but they're not.

Edit: Most of them are in fact my bookmarks- but TT isn't one of them, and still shows up.

Last edited:
I will add another little trick that has gotten me in trouble before too. LOL For IE users, click Tools>Internet options. Make sure to clear Temporary Internet files (halfway down the page). This stores images and such for faster loading. If someone were to try and print a image attached to an email for example (without saving it to the hard drive first), they may get a whole list of pictures to choose from if using the Windows Fax/Picture Viewer. It takes 5 secs to do and is just one other little thing you can do to protect your privacy.

Thanks Kimi......but what about clearing the Cookies or the Cache??I'm not computer minded at all,but once my older bro was looking at the Cookies I think and all you saw was the address of here loads and loads of times-nearly died-but thank God he didn't say anything...so I just wondered how do I clear that?I've got it set so that non of my history is saved for the sites I go to......does that make any sense what I've asked??

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back