• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Sensing anger

Bashiku

1st Level Orange Feather
Well these last few days I noticed quite a few angry comments and quite a few of foul mouth here... that is rather unfortunate, but the reason I am creating this thread is to find the reason, not eradicate the existing. What is driving people to be angry this time? Is it economic crisis, is it love life, unfulfilled desires and dreams...? I would love to hear your opinions on this matter...

Well these last few days I noticed quite a few angry comments and quite a few of foul mouth here... that is rather unfortunate, but the reason I am creating this thread is to find the reason, not eradicate the existing. What is driving people to be angry this time? Is it economic crisis, is it love life, unfulfilled desires and dreams...? I would love to hear your opinions on this matter...

Lack of understanding.

There's no denying that world issues at the present time are quite weighty and to go through another period of mismanagement and poor decisions could have a terrible impact not only on the United States but the entire world. That being said, both sides see the issues passionately, but because of that passion you have a hard time finding common ground, since American elections no longer foster common ground but encourage rabid, frothing partisanship.

Liberals don't understand how people can possibly be interested in electing someone who's pledging to follow many of the same philosophies that have led us in these past eight years to where we are now. There have been setbacks, some few successes, but the problem isn't going away and probably just getting worse. Liberals fear - I think I'm accurate in saying that they really do fear - having someone who seems determined to follow through with the aggressive, nationalistic foreign policy that has led us into two wars, one of which is a source of extreme consternation. (Sadly Afghanistan has been put on the back burner despite possibly being more important in the end.)

Conservatives don't understand how people can possibly be taken in by the hopeful message and fresh face of someone who they see as woefully inexperienced and likely to naively wreck the world order with his ill-conceived notions. They fear moral relativism and a slow but steady rolling back of the moral values they hold dear, afraid that a decadent majority will contaminate the area around them. And they fear what will happen to the country if someone whom they feel will weaken its posture and open it up to attack takes charge.

Is either worldview entirely accurate? Probably not. I doubt Sarah Palin is going to make John McCain start a nuclear war for the purposes of hastening Armageddon and the Rapture. I also doubt Barack Obama will take down the nation's border fences and leave the United States open to a spree of terror bombing. But it's the sense of urgency coupled with the absolute certainty that of course my way is the right way which leads to the confrontation and the inflexibility.

P.S. I'm liberal. So if I misstated the conservative position egregiously, I apologize.

We may have to return to stricter enforcement of the rules if this trend continues.

We take the "be polite" rule very seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive will receive one warning (at our discretion). And if the member offends again the member will be banned without warning. This goes for private messaging as well.

We don't intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within posts, but we will enforce the policies outlined both here and on the Forum. We reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation. If you have any questions, please e-mail the administrator.

We may have to return to stricter enforcement of the rules if this trend continues.

Dominant in you is flaming 😛
Well I unfortunately must agree with that... even though I think like our fellow Jaynin that lack of understanding and information is problem, there is no reason to call each other jackasses at the first opportunity... 🙁

[I'm going to have to assume that Ms. Valerie deleted a post or something, as I see absolutely nothing wrong with the way Jaynin or Bashiku proceeded with the discussion.]

I can't speak for those in other countries, but yes, here Stateside there seems to be alot of stress and worry. You can almost feel it on alot of people when out and about or driving. I'm seeing more road-rage and just general incivility in the public setting. Of course, the Net is even more convenient for this sort of behavior, due to it's rather anonymous nature.

I hate that you think that.

And really small dogs. I hate those tiny bastards.

Attachments

• TINY%20DOG%202.jpg
    TINY%20DOG%202.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 12
I hate that you think that.

And really small dogs. I hate those tiny bastards.

Oh yeah? I LOVE really small dogs. People who hate `em are all stoopid and have skin problems.

I hate cuddly kittens. When I see one I wanna drop-kick the damned thing. :rant:

Attachments

• 1217662705pNJtiJC.jpg
    1217662705pNJtiJC.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 8
I hate small dog lovers.

I also hate kittens, but I hated them way before you. I hate when people fucking copy me.

:rant::rant::rant::rant:

[I'm going to have to assume that Ms. Valerie deleted a post or something, as I see absolutely nothing wrong with the way Jaynin or Bashiku proceeded with the discussion.]

I can't speak for those in other countries, but yes, here Stateside there seems to be alot of stress and worry. You can almost feel it on alot of people when out and about or driving. I'm seeing more road-rage and just general incivility in the public setting. Of course, the Net is even more convenient for this sort of behavior, due to it's rather anonymous nature.

Nothing was deleted... this is merely a discussion about other threads in which aggressive form of talk is noticed. She is taking care of admin business and we lay down as lazy as we can... 🙂

I've seen a similiar trend--lots of hate, not a lot of understanding, not a lot of trying too.

Is the economy responsible for stresses? Most definitely in part. Is it responsible for people forgetting that there are actually people on other ends of the internetz? Nuh uh.

~K

What some people sense as anger is just passion. While others, yes, are generally unhappy. Personally I can have a heated debate while not actually getting angry. So some of that anger may be misinterpreted. Obviously not all of it.

Some of us also enjoy to engage in a little schadenfreude :laughing: Not me though... :super_hap

Attachments

• Emo cat _) verry cute.jpg
    Emo cat _) verry cute.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 8
You're right, there has been a lot more anger lately. I think a lot of it is due to the elections. People tend to feel strongly about those, and a liberal finds out somebody is a republican, or vice versa, it's almost like they can never ever be friends again.

Also a lot of controversial threads have been posted. Incest, politics, religion, homosexuality - anything that gets a rise out of people.

Personally, although angry posts can be very entertaining to read (I can't help it - I'm a Norris Cole), the only thing they'll achieve in the long run is tighter rules and restrictions, which is about as appealing as slamming your willy in a revolving door.

Basically, we don't want to have to suffer with tighter rules for the actions of a few. Realise, people - there's a difference between free speech and cheap talk.

You're right, there has been a lot more anger lately. I think a lot of it is due to the elections. People tend to feel strongly about those, and a liberal finds out somebody is a republican, or vice versa, it's almost like they can never ever be friends again.

Also a lot of controversial threads have been posted. Incest, politics, religion, homosexuality - anything that gets a rise out of people.

Personally, although angry posts can be very entertaining to read (I can't help it - I'm a Norris Cole), the only thing they'll achieve in the long run is tighter rules and restrictions, which is about as appealing as slamming your willy in a revolving door.

Basically, we don't want to have to suffer with tighter rules for the actions of a few. Realise, people - there's a difference between free speech and cheap talk.

It's the elections ... we went through the same thing four years ago :sigh:

I don't anticipate that there would be permanent rules changes here, but there could temporarily be stricter enforcement of existing rules until things return to normal.

It's the elections ... we went through the same thing four years ago :sigh:

I don't anticipate that there would be permanent rules changes here, but there could temporarily be stricter enforcement of existing rules until things return to normal.

In short you are bringing whole brigade of cops against us... shame on you 😛

Does that include a handjob later?

If I am elected, I promise that everyone who slams their willy in a revolving door will receive a hand-job and/or affordable medical care. Neither will be provided by me, but we'll find someone.

If I am elected, I promise that everyone who slams their willy in a revolving door will receive a hand-job and/or affordable medical care. Neither will be provided by me, but we'll find someone.

How generous of you... 😛

Politics, religion, and sex are all subjects that people get very passionate about. I think a lot of the problem is:

(1) As very eloquently stated above, many mistake passion for anger. I have only posted maybe once or twice in true anger here, and then within 24 hours recanted of that with a follow-up post or with an PM directly to that person. However, I have posted very passionately often, and been mistaken for anger, or worse. It's just like sarcasm in a post, easily misread.

(2) Debate skills. Very few people can effectively debate an issue without resorting to profanity or insults. Web site debates often degenerate to the 'YOU SUCK! NO, YOU SUCK MORE!' mentality because the current education system has made so many out there intellectually lazy, relying on the media sources to digest and regurgitate the news to them rather than read for themselves or do the research. Even the presidential debate system as currently set up is not a true debate. The Biden-Palin one was the closest it has ever gotten. The days of handlers and spin doctors have all but prevented anything close to a Lincoln-Douglas, or Webster-Calhoun-Clay type of verbal encounter. Sad to say, too many live by the sound bite and not the entire context. Oh how I miss the days that the League of Women Voters sponsored and ran the debates...

I do my best to debate the issue, not the person (or as we say in church, "love the sinner but hate the sin". Nowadays, the ongoing philosophy is to shout, shout louder, and smear the other than stand behind the issue. If liberals had not done such things to me early on, I might have remained a moderate. But, since all they could do was shout and smear, I did my research, and discovered I was a conservative after all.

I plot thy revenge...😉

Attachments

• funny-dog-pictures-soon-glowing-eyes.jpg
    funny-dog-pictures-soon-glowing-eyes.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 12
we gotta use our inside voices more, people. the more we yell and argue and rage, the more bunnies cry...

Attachments

• bunny cry.jpg
    bunny cry.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 8
What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back