• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Star Wars Tickle Torture! (*/ Princess Leia)

In a galaxy far, far away...

Dave2112 said:
The only character whose acting was superb in both trilogies has been Obi-Wan, both Alec Guiness's and Ewan McGregor's versions.
I agree with you there, Dave.
I also hope the story takes center stage over the effects this time around, but I'm not as critical of Lucas's decisions as many. It's a big galaxy with a lot of diverse species. More than just the humans had a place in the whole story.
Yep. I agree with you again. The inter-species entanglements and relationships are what make the SW universe so appealing in the first place. But Jar Jar...and Ewoks? Big mistakes, IMHO, mate.
As far as the casting of the actors goes...these same discussions were taking place during the original trilogy (for those of us old enough to remember them) until they had passed into "classic" stage. Look back at the old ones...even Harrison Ford's acting was kinda weak in places (his discussion with Leia on the Falcon in ANH after they escaped the Death Star in particular). It's just a matter of perspective.
True, it is a matter of perspective, and I certainly am not alone in my quibbles, but then neither are you in your reasoning. 🙂

However, Master Jedi, I feel a certain leeway was given to the original series, and of its actors, b/c of the groundbreaking storylines that Lucas was putting forth back in the day, and of course, the truly experimental special effects. And it was warranted.

Twenty years later, however, the fans of the original series want the good stuff, as we do expect that Lucas has grown into a better writer/producer/director along with the times...and sadly, a lot of us felt we were shoved back to where we left off in terms of dialogue, acting ability (save for a few, as you mentioned), and the contrived/forced flow of the movies, as CE mentioned above.

I’ll post more later – I’m a l’il tired right now. But, I'll be sure to check out your Lightsabre thread...and as always I enjoy discussing the SW Universe with you, Dave. Thanks for the opportunity. 🙂

Celtic_Emperor said:
Somehow I get the feeling he'll be using more of the Force than his actual fighting ability.

Any thoughts? If you care about this aspect of the movie at all, that is. 😀
Very astute, CE. I was thinking the very same thing...

Cheers.😀

@ Dave- Thanks so much Dave! I'll give it a look as soon as I can! 😀

@ GC- Thanks. 🙂 If you can give me links to the others I'd appriciate that. I'd want to see what others have come up with.

@ Moses- Yeah, but that kind of takes away the thrill of it. Palpatine is so powerful, that, in reality, he could kill several Jedi at once with the mere wave of his hand, or at least severly incapacitate or immobilize them. For Lucas to just use this as a way out of having to concentrate more effort in making Palpatine a believable fighter and duelist is sad. I can't be the only one that wants to see this right?.......right?....

If you want to see Darth Sidious whoop some Jedi ass, give me an "Oh hell yeah!"......*crickets sound*........

.........ummm, ok......if you want me to draw more Star Wars tickle/barefoot pictures, give me an "Oh hell yeah!" 😀 LOL

:blaugh: :blaugh: Hell Yeah!! To both your suggestions. 🙂 😛

Peace.😀

"Excellent!"- Mr. Burns (The Simpsons) 😀

It would figure you want to see Sidious. You are quoting him in your sig afterall. Or is it just because it sounds cool? 😛 😀

As far as the pictures, its really tempting. But in all honesty, I could only cover so much, you know? Its really just Padme, her decoys, and her daughter who are good ticklees to choose. I'm sure as hell not going to draw Chewie or anything! 😛 LOL ^__^

Although, I could become more inventive and just make up characters. Lots of people do that afterall. Just have to be sure to know when a copyright applies. Though I'm sure it would regardless of what I drew for Star Wars. Wouldn't it?

Dave2112 said:
Click here for my previously posted report on the seven forms of lightsaber combat....

http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30933

I think you'll find it interesting. I bumped it back up to the first page of the GenDis forum for you. 😎

Ok, I've read it, and it was very imformative. Thank you for the wonderful contribution. I never thought I'd get such a description. Its practially unheard of, especially if you don't have the reference material. I also like the way you showed examples of each form in the movies. That helped to to understand whose what in combat.

What form would Palpatine be using primarily?

While I like the idea of seeing him fight using Form II, because of the grace, maneuvering, and refined style in saber-wielding, and given that he's a master; it seems he would fall completely under Form VII, if only by it's description.

And, if Form VII really is his style, then it would explain why Darth Maul used the same form as well despite the Dark Side connection. Darth Sidious DID infact train Darth Maul right? In TPM it seems almost ambiguous.

"You have been well trained my young apprentice, the jedi will be no match for you."

If he had said "I have trained you well.." then there would obviously be no question about it.

Also, given the age difference between Palpatine and his apprentice, it doesn't seem Palpatine would be able to pull off the same maneuvers, unless he is actually using Form IV like Qui-Gon Jinn and Yoda.

What is your practically professional opinion? 😀

Honestly, I don't know. Palpatine's abilities (full abilities, anyway) are a mystery to many, including his fighting technique. Maul's form was a varient of Form VII, albeit only in inspiration and drive...we can assume that Palpatine has mastered whatever form works for him. I personally see him as a controlled Form II with Form V attack modes. But we shall see...

A lot of it depends on raw power as well, including natural ability. As I was taught in almost two decades of Katana training, if you put the blade in the perfect place at the right time, you don't even have to move.

Yeah. Although Palpatine does duel with Luke in Dark Empire, although alot of people don't follow the expanded universe. I only mention it though because perhaps just looking at the pictures would show some sort of form he was using. Although its also up in the air, since he could have changed the form to suit that of his new clone body.

If Palpatine wasn't a mystery though, he'd lose alot of his appeal. Its good that Lucas has maintained this aspect of the character. The more you know about him, the less you care. Or maybe not. I guess it would depend, especially as a fan favorite. Its hard to give reasons for liking the Palpatine character. Theres so little to go on, and its all very powerfully subtle. Some people might like his menacing voice, the way he looks as a hologram transmission, the black hood and robes, the 'unseen enemy' appeal, the master who needs not show his power because its clear through Anakin's almost complete conversion.

I like him for these reasons and a few more, namely his ways as a politician and how that figures in to the greater scheme of the movies.

Do you think it would be wrong to say that the new trilogy sort of revolves around Palpatine in a way? Everything but Padme's pregnancy is happening because of him, pretty much, despite the fact we don't see much of him whether as Supreme Chancellor Palpatine or Darth Sidious.

(And yes, I'll finally let it go now. Hes just one of the reasons I find Star Wars so interesting. 🙂 )

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back