• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Stop the fighting!

LonelyKimiko

3rd Level Indigo Feather
Heya all.

Listen up, I don't know if its because I'm new and have never noticed it before, but while I've been here I've noticed a lot of fighting between members. I'm not gonna post some big rant or anything like that, cause noone will read it.

So, just to be clechaised, can't we all just try and get along?

this place loves flame wars::digs his trench but sticks his head out of his fox hole:: Kimiko, is that you in yer sig?

distract people with this:

click on the picture.

Attachments

• kitten-bounce2.gif
    kitten-bounce2.gif
    44.8 KB · Views: 60
goodieluver said:
this place loves flame wars::digs his trench but sticks his head out of his fox hole:: Kimiko, is that you in yer sig?

*digs a deeper foxhole with a machine gun emplacement next to goodieluver, and hands him some extra ammo. peers down the machine gun barrel's sights and waits, patiently*

*Jumps into the next foxhole I see* Is this one taken? *puts on a helmet and ducks down. Then decides to put a soapbox in the foxhole and steps up, not caring who takes shots at me.*
In all seriousness though, I have kind of noticed a bit of an increase in hostilities, just like LK (Can I call you that?) said. I know I'm really new here, and I don't know the whys and wherefores of what's been going on lately, but I do wish we could just get along here. There are enough problems in the world without us fighting amongst ourselves.
I'm not going to say whether one person's right or wrong, and I'll do my best to stay out of conflicts unless and until they wind up directly involving me, or if I'm asked to, but even then I'll do my best to bring a peaceful resolution to the situation. If anyone needs help with that, and asks me, then maybe I'll intervene too.
There was a post on the front page during the time of my lurking from TickleTheater himself about the growing hostilities on what was supposed to be a forum about something that makes people laugh of all places. I think we could learn from that.
This is the best tickling site around, and I don't want to see it succumb to petty jealousies, rivalries, or disagreements. As Obi-Wan Kenobi once put it, "Wait a second. What are we doing? We're smarter than this!"
To be honest though, I do have to give props to Lonelykimiko for putting this thread up here and bringing attention to this issue. I too feel it's one that needs to be addressed, and would strongly endorse it as such. Thank you.

Last edited:
lonelykimiko said:
Heya all.

Listen up, I don't know if its because I'm new and have never noticed it before, but while I've been here I've noticed a lot of fighting between members. I'm not gonna post some big rant or anything like that, cause noone will read it.

So, just to be clechaised, can't we all just try and get along?

That would be ideal, my dear. But you see, the problem with that is many people cannot let their anger, or the past go. I am fortunately not one of those people. I have trained myself, to a certain degree, to not allow what anyone says to form such an impression on my mind that it changes the way I think about them and other things, forever. And on the internet, this is doubly so.

I've noticed that anger allows people to say whats truely on their mind, and in small doses thats fine as long as it's open-ended and results in healing. But like many things, anger is a double-edged sword and you're just as much hurting yourself by deluting your mind with aggrivated thoughts as you are venting.

It doesn't take a brash or arrogant person to be like this. Even well-intentioned folks are prone to this behavior and often fall victim to it. We are all like that.

The problem, for me is, that not enough people are focusing on the positive side of things, complimenting eachother enough, or even trying to create an atmosphere that when a problem occurs there is room to fix it. No one leaves any room, and even when attempts are made, they are ignored in favor of pursuing what at the moment seems like fun. People get so caught up in what they are doing and typing that they ignore good judgement at the cost of others and even themselves.

Last edited:
You need to turn a blind eye it, unfortunately.

That's all that can be done.

I'm a member of a few other sites, and this stuff happens on those sites too.

I beg to disagree.

I find this appeal to forum peace pointless.
We are not having random trolls complaining over video codecs, fat ticklees, or tech issues.

What you have, here, are established users who have old bones to pick.
Asking them to bury their hatchet is not helping much.

Not at all, since they'll invariably use your appeal to their own advantage, and claim they never wanted to fight to begin with, and they got dragged in against their best intentions.

Then somebody will reply, and the other will reply and then the "other" other will reply and...
Some peace you've got.

The only way to have a strife die is ignoring involved parties.
Let them fight among themselves, and refrain from offering help to either.

If they stop, all the better for all.
If they don't, at least you won't get dragged in.

Waving a white flag in the middle of a bombing is not going to help.

Ah well, seems I aint gonna get anywhere with this. 🙁 . And all I wanted was a bit of peace and happiness and all that stuff.

So does this mean I've got to argue with someone to be....normal? :weird:

Koopa! You Frantic....Farting.....Fisherman! 😛

"Frantic farting fisherman?" Who writes your dialogue, Al Literation? :tounge:
Actually, I thought it was a good idea, and a good attempt, so don't feel too bad, Kimiko.

No, I argue because... er... because that's what I do.

Consider me a neutral guardian who watches over these battles, hence the reason my words are unheard when an uncivil disagreement unravils itself. Are we all not alike? Are you who read my words now so different from your fellow member that verbal wars must be raged in an effort to prove someone wrong? To put someone down? To voice your dislikes in such extreme manners that out of pure fear and rejection, would make anyone afraid to contribute to this community. I will cease to say what has already been said here, because my words are no different than my fellow members. As mature adults, and upstanding citizens of the world, we should not handle our disagreements with anger nor with hate, but rather with understanding and criticisim. I have been here for many years, and I have seen much change in my time. I know what this forum has become, and I also envision what this forum has the potential to become again. This website has been my home, as it has also been for hundreds if not thousands of other members. Not everyone here will be friends, but in time, with the residents of our home joined hand in hand, I imagine we will all one day be. Tolerance leads to understanding, which leads to trust, which leads to friendship. I will continue to watch over the forum, although my voice will be silenced until such time when I am needed again. My friends, I hope that soon, our home can be rebuilt, and our family become whole once again...

I remain, your eye in the sky,
---------Wraven---------

Well I can't deny you take flame-wars seriously.

I still beg to disagree, though.
And you'd be keen to know why, I'll tell.

look at sockstickler and his 95 posts in 4 days with 23 posts per day bad self! we got a rival for LK.

Sockstickler said:
"Frantic farting fisherman?" Who writes your dialogue, Al Literation? :tounge:

hehe, no, I was just not trying to insult, u know....hehe, I can do better than that....you know, stuff....IM NOT LYING! 😛

Bignorm868 said:
look at sockstickler and his 95 posts in 4 days with 23 posts per day bad self! we got a rival for LK.

Thanks for the compliment Norm, but I don't think I'll be able to catch up to her post count anytime soon. I just happen to have had a really good day of interesting stuff to post on 😀 I just don't want to be one of those ones who comes in, says a few posts, then fades into obscurity, really.

Nope. That's Jazz's form pre-Earth, during the War Within miniseries. I've been a fan of them since I was a kid, being born in the same year they first came out. My brothers introduced me to them, and I've kept up with the shows pretty well ever since.
Well, except for some of the newer stuff. The Armada, Energon, and Cybertron cartoons aren't quite as good as the older ones.

I Wouldn't Worry Too Much.

Lonelykimiko,

I wouldn't worry too much about the fighting -- I saw a cartoon once of a boy with Down's Syndrome crossing a finish line. The caption read, "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back