• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Stop the fighting!

Ah yes, Jazz is the original name.
They had them translated over here. A mess if you ask.

Watched them myself as a kid.
But I was born a tad before I guess.

lmao!

I've seen that picture too.

Lonely Kimiko, take it from an expert on "flames"....lmao....ok, bad joke, but I am trying to inject some humor....Don't take it so seriously. When I said "turn a blind eye" it may have sounded harsh, but as a mod of a site that has had some MAJOR drama on it in recent times (extreme amounts-very crazy story) sometimes, just to maintain your own sanity, you need to ignore it.

I'd never heard him called Tiger before. I know in Japan he was known as Meister, and in fact, due to difficulties with car copyright names, his Alternators form had to be called Meister too.
Edit: 100 Posts!!! WOOT!!! This is a Kodak moment :camera:

cellardweller said:
lmao!
I've seen that picture too.
Lonely Kimiko, take it from an expert on "flames"....lmao....ok, bad joke, but I am trying to inject some humor....Don't take it so seriously. When I said "turn a blind eye" it may have sounded harsh, but as a mod of a site that has had some MAJOR drama on it in recent times (extreme amounts-very crazy story) sometimes, just to maintain your own sanity, you need to ignore it.
Or terminate the involved parties with extreme prejudice.

Sockstickler said:
I'd never heard him called Tiger before. I know in Japan he was known as Meister, and in fact, due to difficulties with car copyright names, his Alternators form had to be called Meister too.
Tigre, that is Tiger, over here.

Tigre eh? That's pretty cool. I didn't know that. What do they call Optimus Prime there?

Kalamos said:
Or terminate the involved parties with extreme prejudice.

Well, a number of the members were "banned" or refused to come back.

"Optimus Prime" sounded awful in italian [and we had an Optimus diary products brand already...] so they went for something easier: "Commander".

Autobots became "Autorobots", stressing the car [auto] aspect.
Decepticons lost their sneaky nature and became "Destructors" instead.

Megatron kept his name.

I know one thing I've always wanted to see. I once saw a Semi cab that said "Optimus Transports" on it. Another time, I saw a trailer that said "Prime" on it. I'd have loved to have seen a Prime trailer hauled by an Optimus cab.

damn, that's horrible.

*sheds a tear for Kal*

Worse things can happen.
He-man is still He-man over here.

Nobody dared to mess with such a stupid... er... I mean winning name.

🙄 H2...well, my initials could stand for a H2 HUMMER....:happy:

But they used to *ravish* anime stuff back in the '90s.
Such as, giving them italian or english names, and routinely editing kanjis out, to pass them off as western animation.

For example, in the Japanese version of Dragon Ball Z, Goku met some demons who wore T-shirts that said "HELL" on them (I'll wager there were also ones that said "My soul went to Hell and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!") Apparently, there were some issues brought up by those obsessed with PC-ness, and those scenes were worked over so that the shirts read "HFIL" instead.

Sockstickler said:
For example, in the Japanese version of Dragon Ball Z, Goku met some demons who wore T-shirts that said "HELL" on them (I'll wager there were also ones that said "My soul went to Hell and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!") Apparently, there were some issues brought up by those obsessed with PC-ness, and those scenes were worked over so that the shirts read "HFIL" instead.
We had none of *that* nonsense, but they routinely edited even remotely sex-related scenes out.

They could beat each other senseless, but stealing a feel from a female char was out of question.

Interestingly enough, Goku's real name, Kakarot, had to be shortened down to Karrot.
"Cacca" means crap.

That's kind of ironic, considering most DBZ names had some kind of joke tied to them, like:
Kakarot=carrot
Vegeta=vegetable
Bulma=bloomers/underwear (Her family's last name is Brief)
Frieza=freezer
Cooler=cooler
Trunks=another underwear joke
A lot of them have jokes tied to them, but you have to speak Japanese to get them I think, which I don't.

Nothing beats Char's pseudonym in Z Gundam: Quattro Vagina...
Wonder how'll they work around it...

*falls out of chair* Are you serious about that one?! I haven't actually seen Z Gundam. That is too funny though!

Sockstickler said:
*falls out of chair* Are you serious about that one?! I haven't actually seen Z Gundam. That is too funny though!
I wouldn't be kidding you on that.

They already tried naming him "Bajeena" over the american/canadian version.
But I don't really know how they'll work something serious over here.

Quattro means four.
Quattro Vagina is a terrible name; just as if they had named him something like "Four Kuntz" over the american dub.

Gundam series are full of poorly chosen names.
Japs don't really care for these details; they'll know otakus will guzzle down everything.

That's another reason why I don't buy the otaku stereotype much.
I suspect they are making fun of western fans, with those idiotic names.

lonelykimiko said:
Lol I wish, thats Amy Lee from Evanescance 🙂 .

Wow, i totally didnt realize that. I guess if you put yer pix in a sig like TG, yer awesomeness and beauty would cause the TT server to go Kaput

Sockstickler said:

Home for infinite losers

yeah funimation did ruin some of dbz, like when nappa destroyed a shuttle and tenshinhan shouted "its ok! i can see their parachutes!" even tho there were none

I have to admit tho, american dubbing made vegita's death from freezer much more emotional and heart wrecking than japan, but american dubbing couldnt touch his suicide attack on majinn buu, esp with that yell

That suicide attack and apollo creed dying brings tears to my eyes every time

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back