• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Mr. Blastoise

TMF Regular
This game is gonna be released around December, and I decided I would share information about the upcoming game with any members of TT who are interested.

First I'm gonna list the characters confirmed for the game so far.

Returning Fighters

• Mario
  • Link
  • Kirby
  • Pikachu
  • Fox
  • Samus
  • Zelda
  • Bowser
  • Donkey Kong
  • Yoshi
  • Peach

Newcoming Challengers

• Snake
  • Wario
  • Meta Knight
  • Pit
  • Zero-Suit Samus
  • Ike (character from Fire Emblem)
  • Pokemon Trainer
    (from Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green. The trainer actually doesn't do the fighting, but uses one of three pokemon that you control as your fighter - Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard - and can switch between them at any time)

Here are the stages that have been confirmed so far, and the series they are based on.

• Battlefield (Smash Bros)
  • Delfino Plaza (Mario)
  • Yoshi’s Island (Yoshi)
  • Lyat Cruise (Star Fox)
  • Bridge of Elden (Zelda)
  • Smashville (Animal Crossing)
  • Rumble Falls (Donkey Kong)
  • Skyworld (Kid Icarus)
  • Castle siege (Fire Emblem)

I have that one preordered!
I've heard some scuttle about Sonic and Megaman being featured as well.
Im crossing my fingers for one or both.
Snake and Pit are nice additions nonetheless. I have a good feeling about brawl, Im a little concerned about the controls. My brain wants to use a cube controller for classic play, but my heart wants creative use of the Wii-Mote.
Im very excited for it! =D

It comes out december 3rd, its going to be online compatable!! My weapon of choice will be the gamecube controler cuz i rocked with it on ssb melee. I want paper mario and wind waker link to be in it

I'm definitely excited about Snake. Thank god they didn't put Raiden in it. xD But yes, it's certainly shaping up to be an awesome game.

At first I was doubtful that they could make a smash bros game better than melee, but I'm thinking I was wrong. I just hope Mewtwo makes a return appearance *crosses fingers*

Anyway, I thought I'd add the pokeballs that have been revealed thus far, and what the pokemon do. So far only two have been unvieled.

• Groudon - Stands in the stage where it was summoned as a giant obstacle. Damages any who touch it.
  • Deoxys (Attack Form) - Flies up into the air, and then blasts a hyper beam at the area directly beneath it, inflicting massive damage to those who come in contact with it.

I loved playing as Mewtwo, but my weapon of choice is actually Yoshi. I seem to be able to pull off better combos with that little green dinosaur.

At first I was doubtful that they could make a smash bros game better than melee, but I'm thinking I was wrong. I just hope Mewtwo makes a return appearance *crosses fingers*

Anyway, I thought I'd add the pokeballs that have been revealed thus far, and what the pokemon do. So far only two have been unvieled.

• Groudon - Stands in the stage where it was summoned as a giant obstacle. Damages any who touch it.
  • Deoxys (Attack Form) - Flies up into the air, and then blasts a hyper beam at the area directly beneath it, inflicting massive damage to those who come in contact with it.

I cant wait for this game to be released either.

Its been a while since I have had some Smash Bros action.

I'm just hoping Lucario, Krystal and/or Wolf can be playable XP Though it's no surprise which character I use the most *points to icon*

maybe Sonic too since he's the most popular third party character people want to see in the game

I loved playing as Mewtwo, but my weapon of choice is actually Yoshi. I seem to be able to pull off better combos with that little green dinosaur.

Ironically enough, Yoshi is my best character too XD

btw, in addition to pokeballs in brawl, there are these items called "assist trophies" which basically are like pokeballs except they unleash characters from old/classic video games instead of pokemon to do your dirty work.

Assist Trophies Revealed

Samurai Goroh (F-Zero series)
Dr. Wright (SimCity)
Knuckle Joe (Kirby series)
Devil (Devil World)

Ooooh I want this game SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo bad when it comes out. I rarely set my expectations this high, but I can't help it. But then I wouldn't if I thought there'd be any chance I'd be disappointed.

The Pokemon Trainer was a definate surprise, but he'll be interesting to use none the less. Although it is a bit odd how he uses 1 lower evolution, one middle evolution, and one higher evolution. I mean by technical logic, Squirtle should be the weakest, while Charizard should be the most powerful. But then this IS SBB after all...

Mr. Blastoise said:
I just hope Mewtwo makes a return appearance *crosses fingers*
Oh, he will be. After Pikachu (stupid yellow rat), and Jigglypuff (stupid puffball), Mewtwo would be next since I think there'll be atleast 4 playable Pokemon (with the most likely 4th being Lucario since he's about the most popular of the new generation from what I hear (other than the fad Bidoof of course)).

akonga23 said:
It comes out december 3rd, its going to be online compatable!! My weapon of choice will be the gamecube controler cuz i rocked with it on ssb melee. I want paper mario and wind waker link to be in it
The online is gonna rock hard I hope. I'll also probably stick to the cube controller, although that could change depending on how the WiiMote works. And I can see both making it in, although Cel-Shaded Link moreso since it would be much easier to make him unique than it would to have a new moveset for Young Link.

SorcererLance said:
I'm just hoping Lucario, Krystal and/or Wolf can be playable XP Though it's no surprise which character I use the most *points to icon*

maybe Sonic too since he's the most popular third party character people want to see in the game
If it was up to me, I'd maybe replace Falco with Wolf since he is Fox's rival, although I'm not sure due to move potential factors. But they'll probably keep Falco since he was popular in SSBM *points to Sheik, who I could care less about being in it*. I see Krystal as having a stronger chance since I can see SF having 3 characters, and her being female adds a little to her chances.

And Sonic definately has the best chance out of all the 3rd party characters (minus Snake since..well, yeah...), so if they do have more 3rd parties then he'll probably be one of them. I'm also rooting for Megaman after him.

The Pokemon Trainer was a definate surprise, but he'll be interesting to use none the less. Although it is a bit odd how he uses 1 lower evolution, one middle evolution, and one higher evolution. I mean by technical logic, Squirtle should be the weakest, while Charizard should be the most powerful. But then this IS SBB after all...

I imagine there will be a way of evening the characters out. The smash bros series doesn't always go along with the technicalities of the games. In Melee, Pichu was faster than Pikachu and had a stronger Skull Bash attack, despite being a lower form and having a lower attack and speed stat in the pokemon games.

I imagine there will be a way of evening the characters out. The smash bros series doesn't always go along with the technicalities of the games. In Melee, Pichu was faster than Pikachu and had a stronger Skull Bash attack, despite being a lower form and having a lower attack and speed stat in the pokemon games.

Sounds about right. The way I see it, Squirtle will play similar to a cross between Pikachu and Yoshi (weak but fast range attack and arse-bomb), Ivysaur will be probably a mid-speed but longer range character (somehow) and Charizard will be a DK-esque tank with mass amounts of power and fantastic flashiness but not nearly as much speed. Still sounds the most promising to me, since omg it's a playable Charizard!!!!11oneoneone :laughing:

Id rather have a playable raichu! But as far as charactes, jigglypuff and yoshi ard my least fav. they both get on my nerves, but kirby! yes kirby is one of the best!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI Awesome! I was wondering when they'd reveal him. It was obvious that, since Donkey Kong needed more representatives, he would be the most obvious.

Last edited:
the only thing i didnt know about it was the pokemon trainer, hm really looking forward to that ^_^

I'm going to asume you all know what final smash attacks are. Well, I have just learned that for Yoshi, he grows a pair of angel wings and flies around spitting out fireballs.

This seems... random to me. I figured that Yoshi's final smash would have to do with eggs. I have come up with two possible reasons for why that final smash was chosen.

A) It is a reference to how Yoshi played in Super Mario World, because when he swallowed special colored Koopa shells he gained special abilites (red shells let him breathe fire, and blue shells gave him temporary flight)

B) Everyone at Nintendo is on dope.

Any thoughts?

it's definately Super Mario World referrence...minus the earthquake stomp (which he already has somewhat with his down-B attack)

Diddy kong.. glad he finally made it, but it looks like he might be another weakling fighter, im sure he's fast but he wont have anything on DK when it comes to knocking ppl out

Diddy kong.. glad he finally made it, but it looks like he might be another weakling fighter, im sure he's fast but he wont have anything on DK when it comes to knocking ppl out

Except that fast characters are often considered the best (points to Fox and Sheik), although it also depends on how light he is.

Except that fast characters are often considered the best (points to Fox and Sheik), although it also depends on how light he is.

True enough. Yoshi and Pikachu were among my best characters in Melee and the original.

On the other end of the weight spectrum (this has been out for a while so I wouldn't be surprised if everyone already knows it - but what the heck) Giga Bowser is playable in the form of Bowser's Final Smash Attack (in other words, he temporarily transforms)

Anyone else played Event 51 on melee? Its you versus giga bowser, mewtwo, and ganondorf on a flat battle field, hard as hell, if you beat this you're a true smash king

Anyone else played Event 51 on melee? Its you versus giga bowser, mewtwo, and ganondorf on a flat battle field, hard as hell, if you beat this you're a true smash king

Yeah, it's pretty hard, but I've conquered it a few times. People are always surprised when I tell them I beat it with Pichu. Nobody seems to like him (or her, since I think one of the alternate costumes has a ribbon on the ear), but I think Pichu's pretty decent, although I'm better with Pikachu.

Unfortunately, if some characters from Melee are getting cut, I have a feeling Pichu will be one of them. Of course, if I could pick which characters didn't return, I'd choose Dr. Mario and the Ice Climbers (since Dr. Mario is basically the EXACT same as Mario- at least the other "clone" characters have some differences - and I just plain hate the Ice Climbers).

What's New

9/18/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is on the lower left of it.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back