• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Taking the "fun" out of "FUN SIZE"

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
Leave it to me to bring something this minute to your attention, but during Halloween this once again came to my attention and I never really said anything about it before.

You know those "fun size" candy packs they sell? Especially the one piece Snickers and Milky Ways?

Well, these candies are curiously labeled as "fun size".

Whats so "fun" about them? They are too small, gone in one or two bites depending on how much of it you put in your mouth on the first bite. Wheres the "fun" in that? Theres nothing fun about something that only lasts for seconds.

And for those of you that would say "well, thats just something clever they thought up because its really designed for children as little prizes and gifts, and for children its fun because children like that sort of thing. So for children it's fun."

Well I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that to an extent. Children, like adults, want more, and that goes double for candy. Children don't want less, they want more. When have you ever heard a kid say "mommie, less ice cream!" or "daddy, do I have to have two games?" Not often I bet.

Its no different for candy.

So ladies and gentlemen, I emplore you, what is so damn fun about "FUN SIZE" candies? Am I literally supposed to be overjoyed and happy with the oh so much fun I'm having by eating what is surely a fun little one bite candy?

Its stupid is what it is. Theres nothing fun about those candies, thats false advertizing. You'd have to eat like four of five of them to get a full candy bar, its almost not worth it.

Whats the purpose behind this deceptive labeling of "fun size"? How can any real fun be derived from it? I'm serious, as I'm sure they had to be when whoever was in charge of labeling these products decided to call them "fun size". Think about this for a second and then laugh like I did. Seriously, if you wait a moment and actually think about a small little candy as being fun, the only things thats fun about that is how funny the idea is that it's supposed to be fun to begin with.

So...thats that.

By goerge, I think he's got it! :weird: Fun Size = Bullshit marketing ploy. Good job, genius!

.....So, does anyone else like those mini-butterfingers with the wafers inside? "Butterfingers Crisp"
</SARCASM>

Attachments

• BF.jpg
    BF.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Oh, I know I made no breakthrough discovery, it was just something curious that theres really no answer for. Because you can't honestly say its a marketing ploy when the key to it all would be convincing the people that theres something fun about such a small candy. Therefore this thread. Besides, you seemed interested enough to post.

What are the small Butterfingers balls called? They're sort of like milk duds except they're butterfingers? I don't see those anymore. But thats not technically "fun sized" candy, those are normal candy eating portions.

Last edited:
Butterfinger BB's. They still sell 'em, they just don't have those Simpson's commercials to advertise them anymore.

Ara.......yes, I remember those commercials. What are those other ones called? "poppables" or something? They're like a cheap rip-off of BB's and duds. But usually almost every candy IS a rip-off of something else.

I can't remember what a Babe Ruth tastes like. I can't remember having one, if I did. Whats in a Babe Ruth?

Hell if I know, I never liked that many candy bars. Nestle Crunch, Butterfingers, and the occasional Milky Way...

My favorite of the Milky Way bars are the "dark chocolate" ones. I really like that rich taste they have...mmm..yum.

Whats your favorite bar?

Probably Nestle Crunch..... Those in my opinion are the best! I don't know why they crunch but it's good stuff..

How do you feel about M&Ms and Skittles? If you had to choose one over the other, which would it be and why?

Last edited:
Skittles. Get ready for this earth shattering concept - I like candy, better than chocolate. 😱

all i gotta say is Mmmmmmmm.... Candy! *drools*

i'm not really prejeduce against candy, small big, chocolate, fruity, it's all gravy, baby. but whatever floats your boat. 😀

I agree with Bignorm, all the candy bars that have been listed taste good no matter if they are big or small. Hell, I'm old enough to remember when a bar of candy that costs about fifty cents today went for a nickle and some people still gave out cheap stuff. Only the times have changed, the people who hand out candy at Halloween sure haven't and they never will either.

I remember when I was a kid and would go Trick-or-Treating that I'd get a good haul of large candies. I see kids returning home these days with hauls of small candies, economically packed or something.

It sure seems like people were willing to go farther out of their way in the past than they are now to provide quality candy, or anything other than the "fun size".

The whole premise of the thread wasn't actually a complaint to the size actually, it was questioning the naming of these small candies as "fun". I just think its curious. They don't call the regular sized bars of the same brand fun. It would seem they are implying theres something special about these smaller ones and theres a reason to buy them, particulary in bulk (which is what they want). The whole argument, if any, is what is their definition of fun and how is that supposed to convince me or anyone that it's true? I know its silly to even take it seriously, but they had to be when thinking of it.

Its not a clever marketing strategy. "Buy these ones, because they're...well....well they're FUN!"

Ok, HOW are they fun? I don't honestly expect an answer from them. 😛

And its not like I have something against the candy, we have a bag of "fun size" candies in a bowl in the kitchen.

Last edited:
I guess what I'm saying is that they could have named these candies something better, something like "snack size" or "bite size" or "mini size", or something. "Fun size"? That makes more sense to me. I'm just not getting how small little candies are supposed to be "fun" by definition. Thats like saying theres something fun about a jawbreaker. Theres nothing fun about it. You stick it in your mouth and let it disolve, or you are foolish and try to bite down on it and chip your teeth. Either way, I fail to see the fun factor.

Last edited:
Finally someone exposes the evil "fun size" marketing ploy! :sigh:
I'm with ya man, as a kid I ALWAYS felt cheeted by those damn things. I remeber I used to get 4 of them and try to stick them together so I could imagine that I had an actually candy bar. I can equate the experience to the scene from "This is Spinal Tap" when Nigel is stuggling to understand the full size luch meat and the tiny bread. "...but if you keep folding it...you have that...and I don't want that. Would you eat that? No. I don't want that, I want normal bread." Same thing.
Snickers, Kitkat, Twix, and hershey's dark chocolate are my favorites.

LOL, yeah.

Heres a perfect example of a food that actually can be called "fun"- Alphabets soup or cereal. You can spell words with them, you can practice your ABCs and put them in order, etc, its an interactive food, so its fun. Or to quote Jack Nicholson from "Anger Management"-

"Ah, Alphabets! No matter how old I get, still a culinary delight!"

I don't want fun size...I want NORMAL candy!

Attachments

• nigel.jpg
    nigel.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 13
Has someone been plagerizing from Homestar Runner?

Maybe....they figure we'll think small candy tastes better, like smaller women! Everyone loves cute, 5'0" blonde girls......I know I do.

Personally me favorite candy on the face of the planet are Woppers®. 😀
In defense of fun size candy bars...you CAN eat way more of them before getting candied-out that with full size candies so you get much more variety...
Also just after halloween you can buy a bag of them for like a buck. 😛 Of course this is the first year my daughter has been trick-or-treating so I get the unique parental right of raiding the candy bag for hard candies, gum, and stuff she's too little for. 😀

Vladislav Dracula said:
Whats in a whatchamacallit again?

That's dangerous thinking there Count. Remember, nobody likes a questioner. Now I reckon you best just eat it and forget about such things.
:weird: :weird: :weird:

Ah, but you forget, I'm already dead my friend. Its not like the peanuts and other things I shouldn't know about that are in the candy can kill me. 😛

Ever had/given the joke candy that has fish flavoring or some shit inside it? I've never had it, but I bought it for my younger sister. She ate one thinkin it was candy, and then she puked on her bedroom floor LOL.

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back