• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The 2006/2007 NHL Thread

Big_Dogg85

4th Level Yellow Feather
Well lads and lasses, fans of all shapes and sizes, another season of the great game on ice has begun again. If you have anything to say about your team, an instance that occured during a game, trade rumours, anything about the NHL, post'er here! I'll start us out and I'll make somewhat regular posts here and I hope the TT based NHL fan-brethren, along with myself, will do the same.

Well tonight is Thursday and the second installment of Ottawa vs. Toronto, to which the Leafs crushed the Senators 6-0. That is not a typo! Usually it's the other way around but this time, the Sens got a taste of their own bloody medicine! ROCK ON LEAFS!!!!!

P.S. I'll tolerate the odd, small amount of spammage but if spam takes over this thread, I'm going to attempt to bring it to an end and keep this on track. I really would like to keep this thread on topic! 🙂 Thanks for taking the time to actually scroll down and read this post script! 🙂🙂

I'm going to quote that whole thing about 'their own bloody medicine' when the Leafs miss the playoffs again Big Dogg. 😉 GO SENS GO!

Snail Shell

I don't care if I get the crap kicked out of me by every NHL fan-member of the forum, but GO KINGS!!!

the hollywood brother do not know as much about the sport of hockey as the hollywood brother would like but the hollywood brother hopes thatthe flyers make a big splash in the NHl and go all the way.

Pens beat the Rangers on a PPG by Crosby with 3 seconds left while Jaromir Jagr watched from the penalty box. Poetic justice, eh?

Well my first post since creating this thread...I was due. I'm going over the biggest surprises in my eyes early on in this season and the biggest ones so far involve the Ottawa Senators in a way. (Yes Snail, technically I will be bashing them but they can still turn it around. 🙂 ) The first surprise is how bad the Sens are. Every one, from the media to the general fan base knew that the Sens losing Chara and Havlat would hurt them, but not to the point where they are having trouble producing outright. Alfredsson, Heatley and Spezza are awful so far and Alfredsson appears to have an some sort of injury because his work ethic is the best on the team. Gerber so far has be'en a bust (still early of course) but Ray Emery has be'en quite good and is one of the top goalies in the league. The other big surprise are the Chicago Blackhawks and their surprising jump. Of course they were the recipient of Martin Havlat from Ottawa and he has immediately made an impact there where he currently leads the league in points and is tied for the best Plus/Minus rating.

To the Ottawa Senators: Yes it's early and more then enough time to string together a few wins, but from what I've seen... your top paid players better start actually doing what they are paid to do or else you may find your road to recovery quite bumpy.

OTHER LITTLE SURPRISE: Rick DiPietro has a 15 year contract with the Islanders... and the current starter for those Islanders: Mike Dunham, who also happens to be one of the better goalies so far. Let me help you with your next action Garth Snow: Take off shoe, open mouth, insert shoe... or you can do this: Take shotgun, load shotgun, aim at foot, pull trigger.

Until my next post all! (All of this is early and most likely to change come my next post.)

Yeah, Buffalo and Minnesota remain the only undefeated teams. Buffalo doesn't surprise me but Minnesota, while having the potential, never actually had it materialize for them.

Good for them Wild!

Is there any team with a good freakin goalie? Maybe if Henrik Lundqvist had some defenseman who could put up a screen in front of him instead of being a one man show! LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Well I was just watching TSN's The Reporters, on every Sunday morning at 10:30 EST, to find out that the first coach/GM release of the 2006/2007 season had occured. Ken Hitchcock, coach of the Philadelphia Flyers, was fired this morning by Bobby Clarke after a 1-6-1 start so far. On top of Hitchcock's release, Bob Clarke has decided to end his reign as Philly's GM and resign his post.

I think, and no disrespect to any Flyers fans who adore Bob Clarke as I also respect his candor, but it's about time he stepped down from his post.

i'am a lifelong blackhawk fan.so,i'll just go hide in the corner. best uniform worst owner in sports. words of incouragement martin havlat

Wow, I dropped the ball on keeping this thread constant...my bad 🙁

Now that I'm here, the biggest shocker of all is the team I currently work for: the Ottawa Senators. They are one win from sweeping the Eastern Conference Finals against the Sabres and going on to the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time ever. The atmosphere in Ottawa is out of this world awesome, for people that have been here: if you've been in the Byward Market, picture several cars driving through the market honking car horns and yelling as the walk by and out of the various clubs and pubs. Unreal!!!

As for the Detroit Red Wings (another shocker I think, but not like Ottawa) and the Anaheim Ducks in the Western Conference Finals, they're tied @ 1 game a piece with Game 3 in Anaheim tonight.

i watched game 3 last night. the way the sabres played made me wanna puke. props to the sens for keeping the pressure on and not letting us out of our own zone for most the game. miller was fantastic. if not for him that game should have been at least 7-0. predicting record number of smashed TVs/mass suicides in B-Lo if the sabres lose game 4.

Well Snail...you and your Sens fan brethren have gotten your wish: a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals. I must admit though... I get to see Game 3 and Game 4 potentially. 🙂🙂 Living in Ottawa does have benefits after all 😀

Some time ago, I thought Hockey was cool. But maybe it was just America's fascination with the Mighty Ducks...kinda like Basketball and the Bulls. But now their time has passed...I can only say that Canadians care any more and Every other country likes soccer.

Speaking of soccer, here's a funny game review based on hockey!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn3Ti03lFF0

Well Snail...you and your Sens fan brethren have gotten your wish: a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals. I must admit though... I get to see Game 3 and Game 4 potentially. 🙂🙂 Living in Ottawa does have benefits after all 😀

It would have it's benefits. Especially when they win the cup. I might cry. lol

Snail Shell

Timewarp: But now their time has passed...I can only say that Canadians care any more and Every other country likes soccer.

Nahh, my home town team fills the arena most of the season and we're in America, despite the fact that they're the worst team in the NHL over the past 7 years.

Yes, that's right.... I live in Columbus. But at least we had a better record than the Blackhawks.

I'm watching game 2 on Vs., and it's even so far. Good series to watch.

The Sens are out of gas... I was working tonight @ Scotiabank Place for people who came to watch the away game on the Jumbotron and I was at a loss for words on how poorly they were playing save for a few players, most notably Ray Emery: he was everywhere tonight.

Any thoughts on the preds possibly moving to Hamilton? i think its good for hockey but really bad for the leafs and sabres...especially the sabres. I would rather see a move to either Winnipeg or Seattle.

As long as Gary Bettman can draw breath, he will do everything in his power to prevent Nashville from moving to Hamilton...prevent Nashville from moving outright if possible. There are two things in Balsillie's way: One, most obviously, the aforementioned Bettman and the Board and two: an agreement Balsillie made with then Nashville owner to keep Nashville in Nashville. (Details sketchy, I'll check for accuracy later)

HOLY FREAKING HELL SENS WIN GAME TONIGHT AND ARE BACK IN THE SERIES <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

That is all.

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back