• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Labyrinth of Laughter (Jap RPG Game)

kjiron. I'm in the works of translating this game as well as Foxgirl RPG.
I need someone to help me translate the dialog. Could you help me there please?

Yeah, I'd be glad to help, but I think it's like Tickler says isn't it? Don't we need the game file to be able to translate it? Unless you're rebuilding it from scratch in the English version of RPG maker. Which, and I don't know because I have no idea how this stuff works, may or may not be faster too.

But the point is, yes, I'm glad to help however I can.

Nope. I'm using an extractor to extract the files and maker to edit the RPG from japanese to english. I've been doing it with Foxgirl RPG too.

I have to admit, i'm particulerly curious as to where the game maker found the faces for some of the expressions they have, particuler the ones they use for the tickling scene.

hmm...well that puts a dent in my plans slightly. At any rate somebody should pass on some good words to the guy and tell him to keep up the good work.

UPDATE

The translation of Labyrinth of Laughter is about halfway. When I mean that I mean 99% of the database and some parts of scripts are translated into english. That includes dialog which i'm getting kijiron to cover.

All menus, characters, items, weapons, armor etc etc are translated and only 1% of dialog is done. If you would like me to upload this game now while I get the english dialog put in please dont be afraid to ask me.

Oh and I would like to thank kijiron for helping me with the dialog. He is doing an awesome job so far. Give him credit for the help in translation.

Hey, Xtreme, did you by chance ever encounter that error I mentioned earlier in the forum? I can't seem to figure it out.

Yes I did. And the error was because a file was missing. But I fixed it by copying a sound effect and renaming it to that filename shown in the error. It's fine now

Yes I did. And the error was because a file was missing. But I fixed it by copying a sound effect and renaming it to that filename shown in the error. It's fine now

Thank you very much! You're a lifesaver, heh.

I think everyone's really going to enjoy it when it's done. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few issues with my typesetting and spelling. 😛

I've been reading the original creator's blog too, and it seems like he'll be releasing the next update in the next few weeks. So I guess it's my goal personally to have this version done before he releases the next one for you all. (^_^)

I think everyone's really going to enjoy it when it's done. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few issues with my typesetting and spelling. 😛

I've been reading the original creator's blog too, and it seems like he'll be releasing the next update in the next few weeks. So I guess it's my goal personally to have this version done before he releases the next one for you all. (^_^)

Thanks for the hard work, and to Xtreme as well - I'd have offered to help translating, but I just only now figured out how to get the game downloaded, so I wouldn't want to butt in while you're in the middle of translation. XP

In the meantime though I guess I can enjoy it for myself. I'm really excited to give it a shot after I get it downloaded, people have been saying good things about it thus far.

Actually Jaynin, Xtreme was looking for help translating the Foxgirl game too, so if you maybe do wanna jump in and help out I'm sure he'd love to have an extra translator to help push both projects forward at once. (^_^)

Actually Jaynin, Xtreme was looking for help translating the Foxgirl game too, so if you maybe do wanna jump in and help out I'm sure he'd love to have an extra translator to help push both projects forward at once. (^_^)

That would depend if he is a natural translator like you kjiron. I would have to test him like I did with you because Foxgirl RPG is more complicated because it uses some japanese history. Hard to understand with an artificial translator.

That would depend if he is a natural translator like you kjiron. I would have to test him like I did with you because Foxgirl RPG is more complicated because it uses some japanese history. Hard to understand with an artificial translator.

What do you mean by 'natural translator'?

I'll be the first to admit I am not 100% fluent in Japanese, but I'm a lot better with kanji and writing than I am with speaking.

What do you mean by 'natural translator'?

I'll be the first to admit I am not 100% fluent in Japanese, but I'm a lot better with kanji and writing than I am with speaking.

I'm not trying to insult you Jaynin what I mean by natural is learned japanese because the past translators who've helped me have used artificial translators and they dont work as well as people who can understand and translate japanese by themselves.

Ah ok then. I've done the database stuff in Foxgirl RPG and i've been looking for people to do the dialog part. Can you deal with Hiragana and Katakana alright?

I'm not trying to insult you Jaynin what I mean by natural is learned japanese because the past translators who've helped me have used artificial translators and they dont work as well as people who can understand and translate japanese by themselves.

Ah ok then. I've done the database stuff in Foxgirl RPG and i've been looking for people to do the dialog part. Can you deal with Hiragana and Katakana alright?

I live in Japan and play video games in Japanese, good man.

Has the fixed version been posted, or will it be posted along with the translation? Thank you.

Once my translator finishes the forest and rest events, i'll post it up so you can see how well we've been doing at this.

Once my translator finishes the forest and rest events, i'll post it up so you can see how well we've been doing at this.

That was actually going to be my suggestion too. I'm afraid though that I'm a little sick right the moment, so it's going to be a little while longer before I get to them. Not days or anything, but maybe a day or two. So hopefully that means the first playable version will be sometime this week.

Have you downloaded it? The link has been unavailable now.Could you unload the files,please?

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back