• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The NBA comes to Oklahoma!

Yeah? Well, now they're MY team, dammit! And I will support them. Who knows, maybe they'll pull it out this year?

well i serioulsy doubt they'll go all the way not even in the playoffs but hery support them and then when Lakers head there perhaps i will fly to Okla watch it there lol

ok well i just got the divsion/confrence line up for those two..
Lakers--Odem bynum gasol will stop them both
Suns--Shaq Barbosa stadomire will stop them both
Portland-- well ok there get lit there lol
Clippers-- Camby (over rated now) but there is 4 wins for Okla. lol I think Okla. will be 3rd in the divison and then the record might be 25-30 wins i agree

They'll have a tough time this year.

But in two years (they have SA and PHX's 1st Rd picks this year) after the Suns are too old to compete and the Lakers can't afford Kobe, Gasol AND Odom the OKC will be primed for a push.

In two years OKC & POR will be the leaders in the division, because the Clips are the Clips (mediocre at best) and LAL will probably implode again.

So if OKC fans can enjoy the next 1-2 years of growing pains they'll get to enjoy GREAT things shortly thereafter.

But in two years (they have SA and PHX's 1st Rd picks this year) after the Suns are too old to compete and the Lakers can't afford Kobe, Gasol AND Odom the OKC will be primed for a push.

In two years OKC & POR will be the leaders in the division, because the Clips are the Clips (mediocre at best) and LAL will probably implode again.

So if OKC fans can enjoy the next 1-2 years of growing pains they'll get to enjoy GREAT things shortly thereafter.

well kobe is good thru 09 season so 1 more year then you have the young gund bynum farmar walton dont care if odom leaves lol and gasol i think has 4 years left on contract lol

Also, Boston and Detroit are still the beasts in the East but Cleveland is catching up on them. Oh and OKC still have the young Blazers with an healthy Oden and a tough Utah Jazz, and an improving T-Wolves team!

I totally agree with you, Cy. Maybe with the new support and fanbase the Thunder will have, it could give them a boost for the next couple of years. Either way, I'm still excited to see them, win or lose.

Congrats on the Thunder Tammy,

I look foward to watch the Mavericks take it to them every night on they're court!

well kobe is good thru 09 season so 1 more year then you have the young gund bynum farmar walton dont care if odom leaves lol and gasol i think has 4 years left on contract lol

True, but two words:

Salary. Cap.

I don't see how that Lakers keep Kobe, Pau, Bynum AND Odom. I just don't.

Even OKC will have Cap problems IF/when Durant/Green/Westbrook/This years 1st Rounders start becoming FA's.

That darn cap is always a hassle.

I totally agree with you, Cy. Maybe with the new support and fanbase the Thunder will have, it could give them a boost for the next couple of years. Either way, I'm still excited to see them, win or lose.
ohh io think the new fan suport in OK will be great til they start loosing i mean the (sonics) wasnt the best place to play they let go of great talent and such like Payton or Allen so I mean they'll dump Durant and Green and such I mean they gave up the Allen trade like Green went to Clev with wally zerbeak (don't know how to spell the last name) but just poof gave up 1/2 the roster

True, but two words:

Salary. Cap.

I don't see how that Lakers keep Kobe, Pau, Bynum AND Odom. I just don't.

Even OKC will have Cap problems IF/when Durant/Green/Westbrook/This years 1st Rounders start becoming FA's.

That darn cap is always a hassle.
well yes Salary cap is a issue when in 09 kobe will be going into his 13th yr he won't get the big bucks cuz he already made it Bynum might but needs to prove he is worth the cash and as far as Odom..well they'll let him go and perhaps sign Trevor Ariza he is younger

ohh io think the new fan suport in OK will be great til they start loosing i mean the (sonics) wasnt the best place to play they let go of great talent and such like Payton or Allen so I mean they'll dump Durant and Green and such I mean they gave up the Allen trade like Green went to Clev with wally zerbeak (don't know how to spell the last name) but just poof gave up 1/2 the roster

First off, Seattle gave up 'half their roster' to create cap space. Wally was making like 10 mil a year to shoot 33% from the field and K. Thomas was only picked up because they got PHX's pick by trading for him. So really, the ex-Sonics now Thunder made GREAT moves last year, IMO.

As for the Seattle fan base, we all lost interest in the Sonics because Kemp and Payton left (plus the McIlvaine and Baker signings), then the M's and Hawks got really good, then Schultz ran the team into the ground (Swift, Sene, Petro first rounders for three consecutive... yeah not good) and then to top it off, once that douche Schultz sold the team we all saw the writing on the wall.

The year before Durant the Sonics were awful, no one even gave a damn about them. Then we got Durant and everyone wanted back in, but we all knew it didn't matter because Bennett was hell-bent on taking the team.

So basically, post 1996 (the great NBA Finals run year) Seattle management made horrific moves that alientated their fanbase and ultimately led to it's demise.

I'm not defending Bennett, just saying.

And the OKC fans will be more than fanatic to cheer their hometeam for the next 5 years. Yes, it's college FB country, but seeing as how they finally have a pro-team I doubt they'll get 'cold feet' or anything for some time.

OKC fans will be great, I have no doubt of that.

First off, Seattle gave up 'half their roster' to create cap space. Wally was making like 10 mil a year to shoot 33% from the field and K. Thomas was only picked up because they got PHX's pick by trading for him. So really, the ex-Sonics now Thunder made GREAT moves last year, IMO.

As for the Seattle fan base, we all lost interest in the Sonics because Kemp and Payton left (plus the McIlvaine and Baker signings), then the M's and Hawks got really good, then Schultz ran the team into the ground (Swift, Sene, Petro first rounders for three consecutive... yeah not good) and then to top it off, once that douche Schultz sold the team we all saw the writing on the wall.

The year before Durant the Sonics were awful, no one even gave a damn about them. Then we got Durant and everyone wanted back in, but we all knew it didn't matter because Bennett was hell-bent on taking the team.

So basically, post 1996 (the great NBA Finals run year) Seattle management made horrific moves that alientated their fanbase and ultimately led to it's demise.

I'm not defending Bennett, just saying.

And the OKC fans will be more than fanatic to cheer their hometeam for the next 5 years. Yes, it's college FB country, but seeing as how they finally have a pro-team I doubt they'll get 'cold feet' or anything for some time.

OKC fans will be great, I have no doubt of that.
ohh i agree the fans there will be open and warm to them but i dont see anything for the team in 5 years not even a playoff run. tyoo much talent in the western conf. to over run them and have tehem be if that a 8 seed team for the playoffs

well i serioulsy doubt they'll go all the way not even in the playoffs but hery support them and then when Lakers head there perhaps i will fly to Okla watch it there lol

well, fortunately, all I will have to is drive, not fly, cause my lakers play the thunder here in So Cali on friday nite!

Ill be at the game, just to see what all the fuss is about. 😛

Last edited:
What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back