• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The world is ending, time for suicide.

PurpleStyle

3rd Level Red Feather
Disney bought Marvel Comics. This is irrefutable proof that there really is no god. This is the most horrible thing to ever happen in the history of humanity. EVER. Excuse me while I go slit my wrists.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/214575

Lemme guess. You two think that with Disney as a parent company, Marvel will have to change their comics?

No, probably not. At least not at first. I do think, however, that it will fundamentally change what Marvel's all about over time. Especially with the film versions. Pixar shifted focus once Disney bought them (although I do have to say that Wall-E wound up becoming one of my favorite movies of all time for a lot of reasons).

Time will tell, but I just don't trust Disney to "leave it alone".

I happen to love both Marvel comics and Disney. Marvel comics is good reading material when you're alone in the house, using the bathroom. Disney is great tv when there is nothing else on that's worth watching. (Hint: I'm being sarcastic and I don't really care about either one)

No, probably not. At least not at first. I do think, however, that it will fundamentally change what Marvel's all about over time. Especially with the film versions. Pixar shifted focus once Disney bought them (although I do have to say that Wall-E wound up becoming one of my favorite movies of all time for a lot of reasons).

I wouldn't count on them to mess with it, myself. I'd be willing to bet that the chief reason for the shift in Pixar's style has less to do with Disney's direct involvement and more to do with Lasseter's promotion, who was a Pixar animator to begin with. It was less Disney's meddling and more the natural progression of moving from one creative head to the next, though Disney did facilitate it. But then, Disney was Pixar's distro studio. They had reason for active involvement.

When it comes to Marvel, they have no real active stake in it, so I wouldn't expect much meddling from the powers that be in the Magic Kingdom.

The most Horrible thing to ever happen to Humanaty...?

Disney bought Marvel Comics. This is irrefutable proof that there really is no god. This is the most horrible thing to ever happen in the history of humanity. EVER. Excuse me while I go slit my wrists.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/214575

Heh; I can think of one thing that's worse.

Take everything you ever loved about Disney and Rape it with a Rusty Steam-Punk Crank-Powered Penis.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/37694738.html?page=2

This just means Deadpool is now an Unlockable Character.

And he has a Keyblade. Dear God.

I'm just hoping their comics don't get "dumbed down" as it were, such as cutting out the adult themed stuff in their comics (i/e the violence, moderate swearing etc.) of course 4 billion dollars is a good incentive for any company to buy any company...

Of course Disney will mess with it. Look what they did to ABC, which used to be one of the best networks before Mickey Mouse took it over. Now there's not a thing on ABC in primetime that I want to watch. Not one thing, and I fully credit Disney for that. Good thing I don't read comics anymore or I'd be really pissed about this. Disney isn't just in it for profit, they have a political agenda to push. They're like Rupert Murdock without the scary face.

As a long time fan of marvel i was at first shocked, but honestly i don't think in the long run it'll be too bad, an hopefully the two will benefit from this like the DC/WB partnership.

At least this means Marvel will no longer be Fox's bitch.

And besides, Disney gave us Kingdom Hearts, so they can't be that bad.

Now now people..don't fret...where would we all be without that lovely Disney creation...the ever cute image of Tinkerbelle?

We'd be in a world that's less lame. Sorry to be so blunt, but Peter Pan is a ******.

Disney gave us kingdom hearts. That reason alone is enough to hate Disney. Disney has this trend of using their austere christian bullshit to screw everything up. I will not rejoice when they start having Cyclops hang out with Aladdin. It makes me want to scrub my face with a Brillo Pad.

Deadpool with a keyblade....... thanks. I'll be having horrible nightmares for the rest of my life.

I used to think Deadpool was cool until I found out he is just a ripoff of a DC character named Deathstroke. Now Deadpool strikes me as lame even without a keyblade.

Still, that doesn't mean Disney won't screw up the rest of the Marvel universe, because they will. (Not that Stan Lee hasn't given them a lot of precedent all by himself.)

"What's all this I'm hearing about not wearing the purity rings? ha-ha"-Mr. Mouse

Only time will tell. Since Disney is the parent company, if anything they'll publish their own new material with the Marvel name.

On August 31, 2009, Disney announced plans to acquire the assets of comic book publisher Marvel Entertainment, in a deal estimated to cost USD$4 billion. In announcing its plans, Disney stated that current management at Marvel would remain in place to oversee its operations. Further, Disney did not plan to change Marvel to fit the current Disney brand.The boards of both companies have approved the merger plan, which must still pass an antitrust review and be approved by the companies' stockholders.-Wikipedia

So get a grip everyone !

"What's all this I'm hearing about not wearing the purity rings? ha-ha"-Mr. Mouse

Only time will tell. Since Disney is the parent company, if anything they'll publish their own new material with the Marvel name.

On August 31, 2009, Disney announced plans to acquire the assets of comic book publisher Marvel Entertainment, in a deal estimated to cost USD$4 billion. In announcing its plans, Disney stated that current management at Marvel would remain in place to oversee its operations. Further, Disney did not plan to change Marvel to fit the current Disney brand.The boards of both companies have approved the merger plan, which must still pass an antitrust review and be approved by the companies' stockholders.-Wikipedia

So get a grip everyone !

Thank you very much, voice of sanity.

Don't forget, Disney owns many studios beside Disney Studios and Pixar. They also own 1-2 others that produce your more standard fare.

I don't think they would mess too much with Marvel right away and risk messing with such a possible cash cow. Besides, it's not like all of a sudden Prof. X will become Scrooge McDuck, Wolverine become Goofy, Phoenix become Minnie Mouse, and Cyclops become Mickey...

I know Purple, stop giving them ideas, right???? LOL

Deadpool defender:

I used to think Deadpool was cool until I found out he is just a ripoff of a DC character named Deathstroke. Now Deadpool strikes me as lame even without a keyblade.

Still, that doesn't mean Disney won't screw up the rest of the Marvel universe, because they will. (Not that Stan Lee hasn't given them a lot of precedent all by himself.)

Yeah, admittedly he is a lame knockoff of 'Deathstroke' (Or Slade from Teen Titans, for anyone in the community who watches the show... There are a FEW of you damnit... I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!) But he's developed/deviated into something Original.

NO, NO, WOLVERINE ORIGINS DOES NOT COUNT. THAT was MARVEL'S SECOND BIGGEST MISTAKE. Pic QUITE related.

I had a long talk with my friend about this and there was something that I wanted to see bring back: the adventures of scrooge mc duck. There he explains to me several reasons why you don't fuck with scrooge

We're talking about the company which produced a cartoon musical version of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, fercryinoutloud!!!!!

We're talking about the company which produced a cartoon musical version of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, fercryinoutloud!!!!!
Exactly. The notion that Disney will "leave well enough alone" just isn't backed up by their history.

*sighs* yes and ESPN (guess who owns it)
shows pixie dust as a sport.
This isn't rocket science "Marvel stays Marvel = Disney collects the check."

*sighs* yes and ESPN (guess who owns it)
shows pixie dust as a sport.
This isn't rocket science "Marvel stays Marvel = Disney collects the check."
Because that's what they did with ABC, right?

No, they didn't.

Disney isn't a sports company so they aren't going to fuck with something they don't know. But they consider themselves experts on fictional entertainment, so anybody thinking they won't put their slant on Marvel Entertainment is naive.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of corporate out as much as the next guy, but any buisness expert would tell you that they won't change something that makes a good profit, just look at the "Coke" backlash in the 80's. The profit loss will be crucial

But to be honest I'm feeling ify myself, only time will tell, but Disney know what there in for, some of you have proof in it, hell if it happens I'll join the pick it line as well

Last edited:
What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back