• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Weapon Collecting

Senshi1

Staff
Hey everyone. I've always been fascinated with weaponry, and have liked collecting them since I was in my early teens. Although due to the laws, I was limited to melee weapons (swords, axes, etc) and replica/BB guns.

Sometime next year, however, I'll be moving to the USA (if the visa people get my papers through on time), and I'm looking forward to the chance to start collecting some real weapons. Now I know that I'll be faced with a lot of restrictions, cost for example, and the fact that I'll technically still be an alien, but I fully intend to make it my little hobby on the side, when (if) I get the cash to spare.

So I'm curious - does anybody here collect guns and other weapons? And if so, what advice could you give to somebody just starting out? I particularly want to get a handgun permit - will this be hard to get, or is it simply a case of 'fill in the form'? And will my alien status hinder me in these pursuits?

Thanks in advance.

I believe you have to be considered a citizen of the area you are living in to be able to get a handgun permit, that varies a lot by state and county. I suggest going to gun conventions when they're near you, they're full of helpful people and new technology. I'm from Monroe county in NY and to get a handgun permit it'll take about a year of waiting for paperwork to go through. After that, it's just going and purchasing the firearm you want ( there's normally a waiting period imposed by the store to do a background check and verify your permit).

Contact the Town Hall of where you'll be living, they should have all the answers for you and let you know when you can start filling paperwork out.

A friend and myself are becoming avid collectors of melee weapons. We both started out a few years ago on practical knives and display swords. Now it's shot off, a few times a year we put in orders through www.budk.com , a nice site, reasonably priced (especially for their closeouts).
We're both going to collect firearms as well but we are currently too young (must be 21) to get our permits yet.

I'm not entirely positive how it will work for you, my assumption is that you will have to become a citizen of the state/county you are in, possibly a US citizen. Like I said earlier, the Town Hall for the county you will be living in should have all the information to accurately let you know, they're normally listed online and in a phone book (if you would happen to have a phone book for that area or try the online yellow pages).

Good Luck and I hope I've been helpful.

i love wepons i collect them to.i dont have guns tho just knifes and swords.as for your question on getting a hand gun permit i dont know a lot a bout it but i know it takes sometime to get one and i dont know how it works if you come from another country though.you can find a lot of cool stuff online to and some very cheep check out ebay.also u can go to pawn shops,garadge sales and places like that and find a lot of cool stuff to.

I wish I had the money to collect them.

I so want a double headed axe. and someone should make a sword out of diamond. That would rock the world.

I have few blades and katanas... nothing fancy, but really bloody 🙂

I have a lot of edged weapons and a few bashy ones, but I do fancy guns. 😛 Not for protection - that's just more trouble than the worth of it IMO (I guess it's debatable) - just to collect them. And no doubt I'd go to shooting ranges occasionally. But thank for the advice about the permit - a visit to the Town Hall is easier than one to the police station, which is where I originally suspected you'd have to go!

I never owned a gun but I always wanted to purchase something that would protect me. However my step brother told me that whatever I could use the attacker could use against me so that sort of told me that I should just use myself to defend me.

I never owned a gun but I always wanted to purchase something that would protect me. However my step brother told me that whatever I could use the attacker could use against me so that sort of told me that I should just use myself to defend me.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it. If a guy breaks into your house and you pull a gun, even the best case scenario sees you going down for manslaughter. Probably be more likely to hurt someone you love.

No, I just want them for the sake of collecting. 😛 I'm not even gonna have ammo in the house - Karen has a few younger siblings who visit.

Last edited:
Aye, that I do, and we're gonna have the collection in a seperate place, maybe even out in the shed--the room he and I are using in my granma's house right now isn't exactly condusive to weapons 😛 As for when we get our own place, I'm open as long as ammo is stored in a place that's reasonabally out of kids' reach ^__^

~K

Yeah, it's common, at least over here, for burglars who hurt themselves to sue the people they were burgling. A really famous example was a farmer a few years ago, who lived alone in the middle of nowhere. Some guys broke into his house, and he shot one in defense, and went to prison. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shootage is kind of an occupational hazard when it comes to burgling.

Yeah, it's common, at least over here, for burglars who hurt themselves to sue the people they were burgling. A really famous example was a farmer a few years ago, who lived alone in the middle of nowhere. Some guys broke into his house, and he shot one in defense, and went to prison. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shootage is kind of an occupational hazard when it comes to burgling.
The reason shit like that happens is because it's not the thief's fault he/she is stealing It's all society's fault:angry:

The reason shit like that happens is because it's not the thief's fault he/she is stealing It's all society's fault:angry:

I don't necessarily agree with that. There's a lot of poor people in the world who get screwed by society, but only a small percentage of them turn to crime. It's the few that do that give them a bad name.

That is so totally not justified it was on his private property he had every right to shoot that guy. That was some stupid judge who should be thrown off the bench immediately!!

well a judge like that shouldn't be permitted to be on the bench. If you are a judge you need to know how to tell fact from fiction and you need to be fair and just to everyone. You represent the law so you need to know the law. You also really need to be one smart cookie. If none of that fits you or rather all of that doesn't fit you then you shouldn't be a judge! Oh and lastly you need to be able to tell everybody how it is meaning the truth of the situation. That is why I could never be a judge I don't agree with the law and I would do things MY way and punish people how I see fit.

well a judge like that shouldn't be permitted to be on the bench. If you are a judge you need to know how to tell fact from fiction and you need to be fair and just to everyone. You represent the law so you need to know the law. You also really need to be one smart cookie. If none of that fits you or rather all of that doesn't fit you then you shouldn't be a judge! Oh and lastly you need to be able to tell everybody how it is meaning the truth of the situation. That is why I could never be a judge I don't agree with the law and I would do things MY way and punish people how I see fit.

Yeah, agreed. That's the problem with the law - sometimes it just... Well, it's just really grey. You have to take every case individually. Like the age-old problem of the man who steals medicene for his terminally ill wife.

We used to have a few nice handguns in California, including a nickel-plated collectors' edition Colt auto, but we sold most of them when we moved. I currently have a very utilitarian 9mm pistol for personal defence but had to pass enormous obstacles to get a carry permit.

Gun laws vary greatly among US states and counties, so for anyone interested in the legal issues of gun ownership, I recommend the NRA-ILA site at http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/ or http://www.gunlaws.com/links/ as a starting point.

Thanks, Val! 😀 I had a feeling that a handgun permit wouldn't be as simple as applying and recieving, but I'll persevere - it'll be worth it. And thanks for the links, also! 🙂

So I just did a quick search(literally 5 minutes) and found out what it takes to apply for a pistol permit in monroe count, ny (where I live). You need to be 21, and have been a citizen for 6 months. It costs 5 dollars for the application packet, and the expected wait is 6 months to actually obtain the permit. Final applications must be turned in, in person.

It will vary state to state based on their own gun laws, just thought I'd give you the baseline of what I'll have to go through to get one.

So I just did a quick search(literally 5 minutes) and found out what it takes to apply for a pistol permit in monroe count, ny (where I live). You need to be 21, and have been a citizen for 6 months. It costs 5 dollars for the application packet, and the expected wait is 6 months to actually obtain the permit. Final applications must be turned in, in person.

It will vary state to state based on their own gun laws, just thought I'd give you the baseline of what I'll have to go through to get one.

Hmm... Maybe a resident will be enough for me. If not, I guess I'll have to stick with rifles and shotguns, which is a pity. Usually I wouldn't have any qualms about buying handguns "unofficially", but no way in heck am I risking getting deported, it's just not worth it. Thanks for the info, though - it's a lot cheaper than I expected. This visa is costing loads, I assumed a handgun permit would be at least a hundred dollars - I'm glad to be proven wrong in this case. 😉

lmao! welcome to america, my friend! where you can amass an arsenal of weaponry, join the NRA, and be legally protected in the process.

i'm thing of starting a small collection myself, mostly for protection, but for now, money's been tight. i know guns are cheaper in florida, just saw an advertisement that one a pistol similar to the ones used in the movie Ultraviolet by the main character with an attached laser sight for just $235.

anywho, best of luck, mate.

What's New

10/18/2024
If you see some spam on the forum, report it with the report button on its lower left,
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back