• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What are some of the strangest pieces of music you've ever listened to?

Yeah, I actually first didn't download any of Varese's music from a newsgroup devoted to Zappa, because downloading free music is not only wrong, it's a criminal offense.

So, I didn't do that. At the Zappa-newsgroup. Nope. No sir.

Hands Down

Mr. Bungle Quote Unquote
(Originally titled -Travolta.... Now you know why they had to change it !)
http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=-6HE0FGDsjQ&feature=related
(C'mon, you know what to do )

I had my alarm clock set to Seton Hall's radio station; I used to listen to it when I lived back east, and this song woke me one morning...
In a cold sweat of horror !, Wow !

J

Last edited:
I'm becoming a huge fan of Messer Chups, a surf-rock band out of Russia(!). They've been described as an even more manic version of Man-or-Astroman, if that gives you any idea...

Anything by Varese, especially if it has a Theremin solo!

I'm boasting a little, but I can almost guarantee more strange music has entered my ears than almost anyone else's....

Studied Schoenberg and Vebern in college; I HATE most 12-tone serialism, but Witold Lutoslawski is AWESOME!

Nowadays I enjoy "Space music" and even "Drone music"- some stuff barely sounds like music, just rocket noises and soundbytes of astronauts from the Space Program- AWESOME

Alberto Ginastera's symphonies and piano sonatas, especially the 2nd piano sonata

Nowadays I enjoy "Space music" and even "Drone music"

Ooo! Me, too! I may start a separate thread on that at some point. I have a deep and abiding love of ambient music. We'll have to share favorites in the genre. :note:

Kinda strange...mainly different. search youtube for the band " Maylene and the sons of disaster" Song would be " tough as John Jacobs " It's like country metal must here it to understand.

Anything by Varese, especially if it has a Theremin solo!

I'm boasting a little, but I can almost guarantee more strange music has entered my ears than almost anyone else's....

Studied Schoenberg and Vebern in college; I HATE most 12-tone serialism, but Witold Lutoslawski is AWESOME!

Nowadays I enjoy "Space music" and even "Drone music"- some stuff barely sounds like music, just rocket noises and soundbytes of astronauts from the Space Program- AWESOME

Ah, another fan of musique concrete! I'm experimenting with sounds processed through analogue tape-echo (found a 70's-vintage 3-head cassette deck in the garbage - the things people just throw away! It's just appalling, I tell you!)

Philip Glass, Brian Eno and Steve Reich are my main men!

Did you mean Steve Roach, kopfhorer?

Anyway, here's a sound-collagist whom I've adored for well over a decade now. His name's Wayne Butane, and his CDs will have you howling with laughter. :stuart:

[Caution: Weird-as-fuck. Not for the normal or dull of mind]

The weirdest music I ever heard was Australian Aboriginal music played on native instruments. It was unlike anything I had heard before or since.

Did you mean Steve Roach, kopfhorer?

Anyway, here's a sound-collagist whom I've adored for well over a decade now. His name's Wayne Butane, and his CDs will have you howling with laughter. :stuart:

[Caution: Weird-as-fuck. Not for the normal or dull of mind]

Wayne Butane! Yeah!!! I heard one of his collages on a Canadian radio station's web site!

Here's a guy who does hour-and-change long sound collages. His latest installments are songs by, about, and severely-reworked songs by Michael Jackson ("Deconstructing Jacko")!

@Valerie - Mickey Hart of the Grateful Dead was/is a big world music fan. A while back he released CD's of field recordings from various regions.

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back