• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What causes silent laughter?

TMF Jeff

TMF owner and co-founder
Every muscle tense, face fixed in an unchanging smile, her mouth open as wide as it will go for 5-10 seconds, followed by a huge gasping inhale and an equally huge expulsion of helpless laughter. I've seen this happen a dozen times, and I have no clue what causes it. Any thoughts? Any facts? Any of our female members (or male ticklees) ever experience this and care to describe what it feels like?

It's kinda simple, really. You run out of air. What looks like a frozen smile to the captor feels like slow asphyxiation to the victim. Intense/prolonged tickling forces laughter out of her, and every laugh depletes her air. Shaking in silent laughter, she's still frantic; but her lungs have emptied and her throat has tightened with the strain of her forced hysteria, making it impossible to draw a breath. Finally the need to breathe wins out over the need to laugh and she drags in a gulp of air. The instant that need is satisfied the tickling sensations overwhelm her again and she screams in frenzied laughter.

At least, that's what happens to me. 😉

Wow, evil queen! What a vivid description!

I've got a follow-up question, and I don't mean this in any unduly salacious manner: why is it that the thought of putting a woman through what you described gives me such a sexual thrill?

Dear Glentickle,

I believe the answer to your question relates to the reason why tickling in general should be sexually exciting:

Using your body, strength, or power to cause a woman (or man) to have intense physical and emotional reactions is very similar to what happens, on one level, during sex. Laughter, heavy breathing, shaking, screaming, writhing, and so forth closely parallel (and sometimes are part of) the process of arousal, orgasm and sexual release.

From whatever origins, some of us get attached to tickling as an imitation, substitute, or alternate version of sexual intercourse. Fingers on feet, in armpits or over tummies play the part of male sexual organs engaging female ones. And laughter is its climax.

P.S. In some languages the clitoris is called "the tickler".

dig dug

Silent laughter

I have a slightly different explanation:

My girlfriend is very ticklish. Not the most ticklish I've ever seen, but definately above average. I rate her ticklishness like this:

armpits: 8, Hard laughter and begging
stomach/ribs: 7, giggling and laughing
feet: 9, Hysterical laughter and extreme begging.

inner thighs: 1000, she has this spot on her inner thighs, kind of where her butt turns into her legs that is right off the ticklish scale. If I tickle her there she will instantly go into wild convulsions, fits of weird noises, and silent laughter. I can only tickle her there for about 20-30secs at a time or she would probably pass out. Its not from being out of breath, the reaction is instant. She says that the ticklish sensations she gets from this spot are in describable. She says when I hit the "right" spot she can feel the sensations through her entire body, its like every tickless nerve in her body all meet in that one spot.

It's wild!!
I've tickled other girls who I would consider more ticklish overall, but none that can match that one little spot 🙂

mostly agreein' wit' evilqueen

From what I've thus far seen, I'm agreein' wit' evilqueen about runnin' outta air. Wherein I disagree lies only because of QBWeaver. That lady, shortly after going into silent laughter, will actually pass out. She's out then for a few minutes thereafter.

I tend to watch that one, t'make sure she stays conscious. Can't have a 'lee conkin' out before the first hour. That's just sad.

Mostly, though, like evilqueen indicated, it's sensory overdrive/overload. So long as your 'lee doesn't object to being driven to silent laughter, it's all good. Especially after the first hour.

Another $0.02,

dvnc

I was once engaged to this really cute 23 year old mexican girl. This girl was a tickler's dream. Super ticklish on all the right places: feet, underarms, legs, ect. But the place I "loved" tickling her the most was the neck. I would trap my fingers under and around her chin and her laughter would always turn to that silent laughter that I love. I don't know why, but getting a girl into a silent laughter fit is the biggest tickling turn on to me. It's like the ultimate tickling experience.. 🙂

I am really glad someone wrote about something like this because it's been a question I've asked myself many a time. I'm new to tickling, I'm an 18 year-old guy with a girlfriend. We've been together 6 months and are exploring tickling a little, all indirectly though. But I used to wonder why tickling was such a turn on for me. It's the reaction, but there's more to it than that, and I think evilqueen's explanation was really good. It made a lot of sense to me. It's funny in a sense how we are so into tickling. I think everyone enjoys it but only up to a certain point. We take it a step further, or so I think anyway. So yeah, I agree with everything said here and it's helped. Good topic. 🙂

Hey feettickler,

Just for the record, (and with total respect) evilqueen did not *explain* anything about why tickling is a turn on. She was *describing* the process of "silent laughter" (and describing it quite well, I might add).

I, your humble servant, on the other hand, attempted an explanation for tickling's erotic power (correctly or incorrectly). I'm wondering if you or anyone else found it persuasive.

Tickle on...

dig dug

I found your explanation very persuasive, ddd. The uncontrollable reactions of your victim, and your control over them, are the erotic elements that make bdsm so mm, mm, good.

Dear Flatfoot,

At the risk of sounding like an amateur psychologist...maybe your laid-back-ness is part of what make tickling appealing to you. It is a "gentler" or less "invasive" form of encountering the other sex. Or at least that is how many of us perceive it I think.

Just food for thought...

dig dug

Just looking thorough old threads and found this one. I love when I get to the point of silent laughter. 'sigh' :bubble:

evilqueen said:
It's kinda simple, really. You run out of air. What looks like a frozen smile to the captor feels like slow asphyxiation to the victim. Intense/prolonged tickling forces laughter out of her, and every laugh depletes her air. Shaking in silent laughter, she's still frantic; but her lungs have emptied and her throat has tightened with the strain of her forced hysteria, making it impossible to draw a breath. Finally the need to breathe wins out over the need to laugh and she drags in a gulp of air. The instant that need is satisfied the tickling sensations overwhelm her again and she screams in frenzied laughter.

I'm goin to steel that discription for my storys. Yes I be a thief.

Tickler2001 said:
I have a slightly different explanation:

My girlfriend is very ticklish. Not the most ticklish I've ever seen, but definately above average. I rate her ticklishness like this:

armpits: 8, Hard laughter and begging
stomach/ribs: 7, giggling and laughing
feet: 9, Hysterical laughter and extreme begging.

inner thighs: 1000, she has this spot on her inner thighs, kind of where her butt turns into her legs that is right off the ticklish scale. If I tickle her there she will instantly go into wild convulsions, fits of weird noises, and silent laughter. I can only tickle her there for about 20-30secs at a time or she would probably pass out. Its not from being out of breath, the reaction is instant. She says that the ticklish sensations she gets from this spot are in describable. She says when I hit the "right" spot she can feel the sensations through her entire body, its like every tickless nerve in her body all meet in that one spot.

It's wild!!
I've tickled other girls who I would consider more ticklish overall, but none that can match that one little spot 🙂

Keep that one bro, Marry her, tie her up in the basement, give her ever dime you ever make, but some how keep that God's Gift to a Ler near your sticky little fingers.

Oh, My!

evilqueen said:

Evilqueen, what a totally incredible description! So detailed and realistic! :woot:

It totally scared the crap out of me! 😱 :xpeepsofa

Maybe I don't feel so disgruntled about not being ticklish anymore! 😉 😀

Seriously, though:is reaching that point truly enjoyable for a 'lee? I mean, if I were a 'ler, I would be sincerely concerned about sporting a black eye or the possibility of needing extensive dental work afterwards if I took ever someone there. Keep explaining, you guys--not just what causes it, but why you find it a good thing, maybe? (If you don't mind me adding the query to the subject, of course, Mr. Jeff...sorry, I type what I'm thinking as I think it. 😱 )

Mistress Aura said:
Seriously, though: is reaching that point truly enjoyable for a 'lee? I mean, if I were a 'ler, I would be sincerely concerned about sporting a black eye or the possibility of needing extensive dental work afterwards if I took ever someone there.

Thats why you slip you sneak away after the pass out, thats what I do. Of course it sucks if you forget anything with your fingerprints on it.

Mistress Aura said:
Keep explaining, you guys--not just what causes it, but why you find it a good thing, maybe? (If you don't mind me adding the query to the subject, of course, Mr. Jeff...sorry, I type what I'm thinking as I think it. 😱 )

I wouldn't mind hearing from women who have brought someone to silent laughter either. Being that I am going to start working on more F/M stuff. so post post... please post?

Last edited:
evilqueen said:

I think thats a real good description and the best of what does indeed happen.

evilqueen said:

IMO, this best describes raw fear and panic-two emotions I NEVER want to feel intentionally. What makes me curious to know is why would someone find a thrill in doing something to make their victim......I mean lee feel this way? Why would the lee want to be brought to this point? I'm sorry, but I find nothing pleasurable about this at all. Someone.....anyone, help me with this because I simply can't get on board with it.

I think alot of us like it becuz what other fetish actually can result in death. Besides autoaspixiation :manicd: I'm sure noone here has a death wish- but what better way to go!! Sadistic knowledge. Plus you know if you get to that point you're being tickled well. So, as much as it's a good sign, it's actually a bad one. We're the Billy Idol of fetishes!!!! :firedevil :whip:

Thanks for resurrecting this one..

I love silent laughter too.. I also loved evilqueen's description of same! 🙂 It's a control thing for me, and, along with peeing (if you're OK with that), it's a great "destination" for tickle torture. Pulling someone in and out of silent laughter with the touch of your fingers is heaven (for me).

As a quick tangent, even though I also have a strong foot fetish too, I love working the upper body/ribs/pits maybe even a bit more. The ab/diaphragm muscle spasms a good rib tickling can provoke will help squeeze the air out of her lungs and bring us to silent laughter even more quickly. Then we can move down to her soles.. 😉

Well, if it turns you on, good for you. I'd NEVER play with anyone who'd do something like this to me. For me, tickling is fun, playful, sensual and with the right person, sexual. I have my control issues, but making someone nearly pass out for lack of air or losing bodily functions is not my idea of a fun time at all.

Everybody has their own tastes. Ain't about joinin' sides. This is a section of our deviancy that digs this specific aspect, and there ARE 'lees that dig the breathplay and control loss deals.

We don't all gotta dig the same aspects. It IS good if we don't treat our own, here, the way many vanilla folks treat our deviant little selves out IRL.

My $0.02,

dvnc

dvnc said:
Everybody has their own tastes. Ain't about joinin' sides. This is a section of our deviancy that digs this specific aspect, and there ARE 'lees that dig the breathplay and control loss deals.

We don't all gotta dig the same aspects. It IS good if we don't treat our own, here, the way many vanilla folks treat our deviant little selves out IRL.

My $0.02,

dvnc

If these things float the boat, good for them. It's definitely not my thing to do; I'm not nearly as adventurous as some.

Great description, EvilQ! Bright lady.

:blaugh:
dvnc said:
From what I've thus far seen, I'm agreein' wit' evilqueen about runnin' outta air. Wherein I disagree lies only because of QBWeaver.

I tend to watch that one, t'make sure she stays conscious. Can't have a 'lee conkin' out before the first hour. That's just sad.
LMAO! Good turn of phrase, DV!

:feets:

kis123 said:
If these things float the boat, good for them. It's definitely not my thing to do; I'm not nearly as adventurous as some.

I believe that you've now made that clear thrice. I understand very clearly that you've joined into the discussion on this revived thread to state your dislike of such activity.

Clearly, again, some like it and some don't. Did you know that some like tickling feet and some don't? Some like to be tickled and some don't? It's a diverse forum. Some stuff here isn't going to appeal to everyone. Clearly, it appeals to some, or you'd not notice a history with some clear passions for it.

Again, I personally acknowledge that you've stated you dislike this.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back