• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What does it mean if...

ViperGTS

...companies won't quit sending me "pre-approved" credit card offers?

I get one like, every other day.

The hell did I do?

You did nothing...they send them to all of us full of fine print...and lealese..

Tear en up and toss em out.....Bro....

R

It also means you have a good credit rating. Always good to know. 🙂

Snail Shell

Snail Shell said:
It also means you have a good credit rating. Always good to know. 🙂

Snail Shell
Exactly. You pay your bills on time. Your credit is good enough that they trust you to spend a lot of money with their card so they can make a killing off of the interest you would owe them.

It could be worse. My bank keeps upping my credit limit! Everytime I try and clear my credit card, they up it and my brain automatically shuts down. I go off and by something completely stupid and expensive! Last time it happened, I bought issue 1 of Spiderman! And I don't even like spiderman!

At some point in the past

you once paid off something exactly on time.
No good deed goes unpunished.
It got you on their mailing lists.

Just BTW; it does NOT mean you have a good credit rating.
For a variety of reasons, I deliberately trashed my own credit rating a few years ago. I know my own credit history, and no credit officer in anything approaching their right mind would give me a cent of credit, or even a scent of a credit line. (Rotten pun intended).

They send me the same 'pre-approved' offers, just as often. here's the key fact; the pre-approved means nothing. To get the card, you have to fill out all the same forms and go through the same approval process as if you had contacted them and requested an application rather than being 'prer-approved'. The credit limit they mention also means nothing; IF you apply, and IF you are approved, they will offer a much LOWER credit limit than that.

They make their biggest money from the merchants. They rake off from 0.5 of a percent up to 3.5% depending on the nature of the merchant's business and the volume they do with the particular card services provider.

They want you to buy lots and lots of stuff on the card, pay it off and buy more. Every time you turn your credit line over that way, they get their percentage.

Banks know people and know their patterns . Always read the fine print and if you can't hold back spending , just cancel it . They are out to make money on the higher intrest , especially of new people with no credit history . The cards I started out with were 23% and 29% and I about put myself in the poorhouse owing money that I couldn't pay . Good credit history can give you better intrest rates but pay the bill every month and don't go overboard . Then you can always rip everyone of them up so their is no temptation .

Go to the websites of each of the three credit bureaus (transunion, equifax, and experian) and look for the words "opt out." Do whatever the instructions say and within a couple of weeks those pre-approved offers will stop coming. Do this only if you mean it beacuse I don't think you can reverse it.

These credit card companies take what is called a "soft-hit" on your credit bureau. It doesn't affect your credit score but it gives them enough information to send you an offer. And Mastertank, the soft-hit almost guarantees receipt of the card after completing and signing the application. In the last 10 years I was only turned down after receiving one pre-approved application. That was from Sears-with their interest rates, I should've sent them a thank you card after the turndown!

Also, to the credit card companies, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! :santasmil They want to offer as much credit to everyone as possible so we can go out and charge our lives away for one day a year!

Good work Viper when it comes to not making that knee-jerk desicion that usually buries our younger set. 🙂

What's New

9/24/2024
Clips4Sale is where to be for the webs largest fetish clip selection!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back