• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What movies would you like to see remade?

Rox_My_Sox1

3rd Level Orange Feather
Tell us of a movie you'd like to remake and what type of remake it would be! I'll start:

Three women who worked as celebrity impersonators. Marilyn Monroe. Tina Turner. Ann Margret. Three damsels in distress. Kidnapped by their fourth female friend and her feminine accomplices. Taken to a mansion of a seductive dominatrix. Forcibly re-educated. Tormented. Will they escape from their feminine captors? Or will they spend the rest of their lives learning it is better to have loved once than to never have loved at all?

Paramount pictures presents. Bound & Gagged: A Love Story. ^_^

Jaws: The Original is Classic, but I think after the technology they used on 'Deep Blue Sea' 'Jaws' could be scary remake.

Thats all for now.

I would re-make Daredevil.

DD is my second favorite superhero (Spider-Man being the first).

I would make it more detective/noir. I would focus more on the seedy underworld, and flesh out The Kingpin's character. I would show his development in parallel to Matt Murdock's, and how they constantly came into conflict in the courtroom, with Matt Murdock losing every time.

I would hire Robert Rodriguez to direct it, and handle all of the SFX. I would have him put a Sin City-esque style to it.

I'd keep the action quick, intense and bloody. There would be a lot more acrobatics from the Dare Devil's end (meaning, losing tall and clumsy Ben Affleck, and bringing in somebody leaner, and shorter). Also, I'd have saved Bull's Eye for the sequel, and kept The Kingpin as the main antagonist, front and center.

God, Daredevil was such a disappointment! It was the epitome of missed potential. I really hope they reboot it, and give it another chance.

I'd like to see a modern updating of the old sci-fi shunken person theme. You know, movies like Dr. Cyclops, or Incredible Shrinking Man, or Attack of the Puppet People. I have a deep and abiding love for that sort of trash, and with today's tech (and handled right) it could make one helluva movie.

I'd like to see a modern updating of the old sci-fi shunken person theme. You know, movies like Dr. Cyclops, or Incredible Shrinking Man, or Attack of the Puppet People. I have a deep and abiding love for that sort of trash, and with today's tech (and handled right) it could make one helluva movie.

xD it would definitely make for some interesting movies; but, doesn't the appeal of those types of movies also lie in the antiquated visual and sound effects? I find that there is some appeal in the the technological limitations of the time, because at times these movies actually appear more advanced than one would initially assume. I just saw a the trailer for Attack of the Puppet People (definitely going to watch that!) and I was surprised at how good it actually looked, for something that was made in the 50's.

Take the "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" for example. Part of what made that movie so fascinating was how poor the visual effects were, to the point where it actually confused the story somewhat. I don't think the movie would be half as much fun to watch with updated visual effects. Trying to imagine the same movie directed by Micheal Bay. No thank you! :lol

Well, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is kind of a flawed comparison, as it was purposefully made to be a kitschy satire. I follow where you're coming from, but it's my feeling that Hollywood far too often remakes already perfectly great movies. I would prefer they try to update and improve some of the lesser films from the past rather than muck up the classics with "reboots". Now, The Incredible Shrinking Man is considered a classic of science fiction, but I can certainly see them doing an updated version of it, or something along similar lines.

Imagining Micheal Bey making anything (remake or original material) makes me nauseous.

Well, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is kind of a flawed comparison, as it was purposefully made to be a kitschy satire. I follow where you're coming from, but it's my feeling that Hollywood far too often remakes already perfectly great movies. I would prefer they try to update and improve some of the lesser films from the past rather than muck up the classics with "reboots". Now, The Incredible Shrinking Man is considered a classic of science fiction, but I can certainly see them doing an updated version of it, or something along similar lines.

Imagining Micheal Bey making anything (remake or original material) makes me nauseous.

I hear ya. I'm definitely going to get my hands on those two movies you had mentioned. They look like a fun watch!

I think they should stop remaking movies that were done excellently the first time, like King Kong, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and Clash of the Titans to name but a few. Remakes will only suffer by comparison.

Instead, remake movies that sucked the first time, and do them right this time!! Night of the Comet! Johnny Dangerously! Cutthroat Island! The list could go on and on.

Um, for the record, Night of the Comet was already a genius work. I can never, ever get tired of watching that film.

Now what say we all get behind a remake of Red Sonja? That movie was really flat and really uninteresting despite being 80s sword and sorcery and having a wonderful source material.

I hear ya. I'm definitely going to get my hands on those two movies you had mentioned. They look like a fun watch!

I absolutely love Dr. Cyclops, although it might move kind of slow for most of today's viewers.

You'll know you've hit genre bottom when you've seen 1965's Village of the Giants. :15:

Um, for the record, Night of the Comet was already a genius work. I can never, ever get tired of watching that film.

Are we talking about the same movie?? Where a comet kills everyone on Earth except those shielded by steel??? I could eat celluloid and defecate a better movie.

Yes, that's the very same movie. And clearly you have Martin Scorcese living in your colon.

For a minute there I thought you meant Year of the Comet. Well, if you find something redeemable in Night of the Comet, more power to you.

The really big question is: If they DID remake Night of the Comet, who would play the leads?

I liked Night of the Comet, but then I liked Miracle Mile as well 😎

Not sure about remakes, I always favor originals over remakes (Within reason - I have to say the latest round of Batman films are by far the best, despite loving Jack Nicholson as the Joker).

I wonder if somebody could pull off a remake of Casa Blanca. There's a challenge for you.

Now what say we all get behind a remake of Red Sonja? That movie was really flat and really uninteresting despite being 80s sword and sorcery and having a wonderful source material.

I dunno :/ I liked Red Sonja. And I am almost certain that they would mess it up. That type of genre is so easy to just take the lazy route; make it super-sexy, put no effort into the script, and over-do it with the choreography (suddenly Red Sonja is a Kung-Fu/Wushu master) and the visual effects.

I absolutely love Dr. Cyclops, although it might move kind of slow for most of today's viewers.

You'll know you've hit genre bottom when you've seen 1965's Village of the Giants. :15:

Rockbottom is where I plan to go :lol

Heh, I wuv how ya think Bella hun. I was hoping BEYOND HOPE they'd get Rose Mcgowan to play the crimson-haired smexy swordswoman for the remake! Instead it looks like Megan Fox might do the role instead. I know, BUMMER HUH? Mcgowan looked so HAWT in this pic of her as Red Sonja:

Speaking of movie remakes, I'm kinda black and white movies are being remade that often. I'd love to see Mae West's She Done Him Wrong remade! When I rented that I really wished there was a scene where Mae West was bound and gagged while only wearing scant lingerie and her trademark feather boa by that one woman working for the white slave traders.

Am I the only one who would want to see Dolemite remade? Yeah, the lazy acting made it hilarious, but imagine how inappropriately awesome it would be to have overexaggerated special effects, choreography, and acting.
Also, Samuel L. Jackson as Dolemite.
I think we can all see him saying, (And this is from memory) "Dolemite's my name, and fucking up Motherfuckers is my game."

Star Wars: Episodes 1-3, with different directors, writers and some drastic recasting, particularly Anakin.

Getting a director familiar with drama and acting might help. Irvin Kershner directed the best of the six, because he can get a performance out of his cast. Still, it's a bit of a poisoned chalice being involved with Star Wars nowadays For some fans, whatever you do will never be good enough.

Just don't get Damon Lindelof to write it!

I think they should stop remaking movies that were done excellently the first time, like King Kong, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and Clash of the Titans to name but a few. Remakes will only suffer by comparison.

Instead, remake movies that sucked the first time, and do them right this time!! Night of the Comet! Johnny Dangerously! Cutthroat Island! The list could go on and on.

Looks like Hollywood heard me. They remade Total Recall.

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back