• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What movies would you like to see remade?

I think they should stop remaking movies that were done excellently the first time, like King Kong, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and Clash of the Titans to name but a few. Remakes will only suffer by comparison.

Instead, remake movies that sucked the first time, and do them right this time!! Night of the Comet! Johnny Dangerously! Cutthroat Island! The list could go on and on.

King Kong sucked mostly due to the change to the Ann Darrow sacrifice scene. As for Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, well, I hated that movie since I first saw it. Clash of the Titans could have been alot better as well (and I fully admit I LOVE THE ORIGINAL A TRILLION TIMES BETTER than any other version that will EVER COME OUT).

Why do you believe that Night of the Comet needs to be remade? Personally I loved it. However, you do have a point that SOME MOVIES should NOT BE REMADE. In fact, I believe there needs to be a line that Hollywood cannot cross and that line is ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER'S MOVIES.

Can't be worse than the original.

Why exactly did you not like the original?

Looks like Red Dawn was remade as well..

You know I never really understood Red Dawn. I mean, did they EVER EXPLAIN how the Soviets managed to conquer the U.S.A. without nuking/bio-weaponing the SHIT OUT OF IT? Also, how did they explain the U.S.A. not retaliating AT ALL with OUR NUKES/BIO-WEAPON?

Star Wars: Episodes 1-3, with different directors, writers and some drastic recasting, particularly Anakin.

Getting a director familiar with drama and acting might help. Irvin Kershner directed the best of the six, because he can get a performance out of his cast. Still, it's a bit of a poisoned chalice being involved with Star Wars nowadays For some fans, whatever you do will never be good enough.

Just don't get Damon Lindelof to write it!

Naught hun...I'm afraid that even if someone invented a god damned TIME MACHINE and went back in time to do exactly that it STILL MAY NOT HAVE SAVED the prequel trilogy. The only possible way it could have been saved is if someone went to Lucas's ranch, blew his head off, then burned every single copy of his scripts for Episodes I, II, and III. Let's face it, Lucas SUCKS as a script writer (and as a director AND as a producer AND as a etc etc). In fact, most of the most awesome work on the Star Wars universe has been done by either Lucas Arts OR THE DAMNED COMMUNITY ITSELF.

I should add The Fantastic Four. I would set it in the sixties (I had imagined a sixties version before X Men: First Class was released), and keep some of the lightness (because the Nolan approach that seems so popular at the mo would not work for people who can strecth their body parts or are made of orange rock). I think the Hellboy approach is about right for the Fantastic Four as well. That had the right level of humour, but was also well-written enough for some more dramatic moments (the Lovecraftian beasts at the end). it was a nice blend of the real and the, uh, fantastic, and Ron Perlman showed prosthesis and make up still works. Michael Chiklis wasn't nearly as good, and Gruffud and Alba were never convincing as Reed and Sue - you'd need an actor who could convince as the intellectual superior to Robert Downey Jr's Stark, rather than stand around frowning.

The less said aboout Julian McMahon as my favourite Marvel character, the better. He was just a wet version of Lex Luthor. I wanted him to start shrieking 'Miss Chessmarker!' just to break the torpor. I'd also want to see Doom's abode - there's a range of ideas from James Bond should they need ideas for a good base if they don't go down a castle route, but then Drax had his chateau in Moonraker. Too bad John Barry is dead, or i'd want him to compose the score - The Black Hole (also featuring the best Doctor Doom-yet-not-Doctor Doom performance ever, and by a German actor, Maximilian Schell), Moonraker, The space march - they all seem the sort of thing that would fit with a sixties set Fantastic Four movie. Still, this song by Strawberry Alarm clock has to be in there somewhere, with Victor at a bar looking over at Reed (I keep thinking Dean Jones for some reason) and Sue, like a young Gore Vidal/Jack Palance hybrid. He could even do the whole Bond Villain lineage speech while holding his cigarette vertically, 'my father was physician to the Latverian nobility and my mother was a gypsy healer and practioner of the dark arts, and you sir?...'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3dUIDN15bg

Even Marvel's own Fantastic Four cartoon of the mid-nineties was appalling compared to the contemporary X-Men and Spiderman cartoons. They do seem to have trouble when on-screen.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Fantastic Four movie sucked BALLS. Doom was just pathetic. As for the second one, well, a wuss Dr. Doom is bad enough without having Galactus as an interstellar dust cloud! Seriously, who was the MORON who did that script?

As for X-Men: First Class, um, to borrow a quote from the Renaissance Man: DUMB AS DOG SHIT! Emma Frost was PATHETIC AND I DO MEAN PATHETIC! Her outfit was NOT ACCURATE (COSPLAYERS DID A BETTER JOB WITH THAT OUTFIT GOD DAMMIT), her personality was NOT ACCURATE (she's supposed to be calculating and selfish not a whiny wuss of a woman)! Hell, even her POWERS WERE NOT ACCURATE! She had NO PSIONIC ABILITY in the MOVIE! What's her power? Turning into diamond? COME ON! THAT'S RIDICULES! THAT WAS HER SECONDARY MUTATION NOT HER FIRST! Shit!

And the first, second, and third X-Men movies? UGH! HATE HATE HATE! NO SENTINELS! ROGUE IS COMPLETELY WRONG! MAGNETO ISN'T BUFF, STRONG, AND POWERFUL! OH NO, he's a WEAK OLD MAN (sorry Sir Ian but while you were a magnificent Gandalf you were a PISS POOR MAGNETO)! And Logan being a whiny bitch about his past? UGH! ARGH! PAIN! PAIIINNNN AND AGOONNNY!

SOME ONE GET WILL WEATON ON LINE TWO AND GET HIM TO MAKE BETTER X-MEN MOVIES BECAUSE BY GOD THESE SUCKKKK!

I actually like the X Men films (with reservations about The Last Stand), and I don't think many of your complaints were that important given how they focused on character. I think making Magneto buff would've ruined the dynamic between him and Charles; they're supposed to veterans of the mutant struggle and old men by the events of the movie. I don't think it matters a great deal that he was physically average for his age (not really weak, Stryker's son was weak) if he could tear the golden gate bridge from its support, that muscle would've been redundant. I don't think Logan was any more of a bitch than shown in the comics, which have him moping about Mariko, besides I think Wolverine being a hard-ass all of the time just makes him seem two-dimensional. He has to have some sort of heart to be a good guy, or nobody would care about him.

I don't think Emma Frost was a whiney wuss - I thought she was quite calculating. I can't think of a single instance were she was 'whiney'. I'm not sure about her powers but i'm rusty on the Hellfire club. I think Kevin Bacon made a Sebastian Shaw though, and his inclusion leaves the door open for my favourite X Men villain Apocalypse.

Maybe i'm a little biased though; I enjoyed Kick-Ass, which was written by Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman as well.

Last edited:
What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back