• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Why is there no such thing as "tickle therapy"?

zoner

I ran across the post about professions involving feet, and it got me to thinking (this is after a few glasses of wine, admittedly, but...)

Why is there no such thing as "tickle therapy"? (Or is there, somewhere?)

They say laughter is the best medicine... its healing effects are well-documented (releases endorphins and everything)... so, one would think there would be a place you could go to get your weekly US RDA of laughter. Maybe even covered by your health plan!

Oh well, I guess people can get it for free from their SO's, or by cueing up the latest Jim Carrey or Farrelly Brothers DVD...? Even so, it seems like there's still a lot of unsatisfied demand out there for such a thing.

There is actually and I posted a link to it, but that was way before they trimmed the posts, so it might not still be around

Actually, I am a strong believer in tickle therapy. Whenever I'm feeling seriously stressed I make a date with my tickler and he can totally melt my stress away and then lock the door on his way out while I drift off into peaceful sleep. I love it!

I remember reading somewhere a couple of years ago that there is a doctor in Seattle that performs tickle therapy on some of his patients. I don't remember all the details, though.

I have always used it a therapy for stress and low moods. I have taught quite a few people how to use it where I used to work at. If the concern is why there is no openly promoted therapy, maybe we as a community should start to promote it. I did and got lots of good responce from friends and co-workers.

The Laugher 🙂

Tickle 101

if there is such a thing as "Tickle Therapy" I think ALL of us would be Valadectorians 🙂 and yes girls I will be honored to be your professor :veryhappy

makeUsquirm said:
I remember reading somewhere a couple of years ago that there is a doctor in Seattle that performs tickle therapy on some of his patients. I don't remember all the details, though.

What's that you say?!?! (asks the Seattle-area resident) LOL

MakeU Squirm, you MUST wrack your brain 'til you remember a name! 😀

There should be available tickle therapy sessions as it has been proven to be most effective on more than one level.

TTD

ticklkitten said:
Actually, I am a strong believer in tickle therapy. Whenever I'm feeling seriously stressed I make a date with my tickler and he can totally melt my stress away and then lock the door on his way out while I drift off into peaceful sleep. I love it!
Well Kitten get ready for a week's worth of "Tickling Therapy". I really hope you will enjoy it.🙂 😀 I think that is something to consider. I would definately be good at that therapy.( looks and smiles next please as I get my tools readjusted.)😀 😛

Why, thou asketh?

Oh, there is...
First time I ever got together with the Connecticut Constituency, they had me tied down for like 45 minutes, and when I got up, my whole body was like rubber, and I was lightheaded. Greatest workout I ever had.
I have tried to advance the Tickling Therapy concept with people. They think I'm as mad...well, as a hatter 😉

Re: Why, thou asketh?

Knox The Hatter said:
Oh, there is...
First time I ever got together with the Connecticut Constituency, they had me tied down for like 45 minutes, and when I got up, my whole body was like rubber, and I was lightheaded. Greatest workout I ever had.
I have tried to advance the Tickling Therapy concept with people. They think I'm as mad...well, as a hatter 😉
That sounds awesome. Where is that place? Love to get a job there.😛

As far as I know, several sex therapists use tickling as therapy against female anorgasmy. Some sources: "The Joy of Touch" by Russ A. Rueger, several conversations with Dr. Peter Cahusac (formerly professor for neurology at Stirling University), and a German TV report on tickling.

I'd love to hear more on this...
XOXO

Haltickling said:
As far as I know, several sex therapists use tickling as therapy against female anorgasmy. Some sources: "The Joy of Touch" by Russ A. Rueger, several conversations with Dr. Peter Cahusac (formerly professor for neurology at Stirling University), and a German TV report on tickling.

tickle.jpg

A thorough tickling that leaves me screaming and begging to be let up is the closest feeling I can relate to post orgasmic. I am SO ready for a nap afterwards, that's why I make sure I have my bed turned down so my tickler and tuck me in.... Mmm.... maybe I'll call him soon.

What was the name of that TV show that featured Dick Clark, Danny Bonaduce and Mario Lopez? It was like a male version of "The View". Anyway, they had a guest on the show who talked about tickling as a form of therapy, and he brought out a couple... a guy and his very cute girlfriend. To make a long story short, the girl was tickled on her feet and sides by her boyfriend on camera! It was very nice! If you can find that clip, you'll be able to find the name of that "Doctor Of Tickling Therapy."

zoner said:
I ran across the post about professions involving feet, and it got me to thinking (this is after a few glasses of wine, admittedly, but...)

Why is there no such thing as "tickle therapy"?

I believe it's because most health care plans don't cover it:whip:

The Sean Man

I don't remember the name of the show with Dick Clark, but I do remember watching it and if I remember right that person was non other then Yaqi.

The Laugher 🙂

I recall reading here and there on the Internet a few years ago that there were some studies being done in The Netherlands (and I think England, can't remember) about tickling possibly being used in treatment of clinical depression and schizophrenia. The principal was that tickling causes surges in adrenaline and endorphins, while subsequent chemical reactions in the brain help break up saretonin imbalances which cause (or are indicators of) the depression or mental imbalance. Never read anything more about it, though.

I also read about a private practitioner in Hawaii, an alternative therapy encounter group -type guy, who did use tickling with couples in his practice.

And, finally, when I attended NEST in 2000, I met a woman going by the handle "Tied2beTickled" who told me she went in to NYC regualarly for
tickling, to elevate her mood. She suffered from depression, and if memory serves, the tickling was done in a therapist's office. It may be a type of therapy being done similar to "off label" pharmacutical therapy - not relaly conventional and accepted, but in a few unusual instances, with perhaps some professional risk, some therapists out there might be quietly doing this kind of thing on very rare occasions simply because it's easy to do & does work in some individuals.

For those of you who know how to Google better than I, maybe these will be some starting points.....

http://www.tickletherapy.com/

http://www.crystalinks.com/laughter2.html

And this from: http://www.deltaforce.net/~jnu/pg/interviews/mus89.html

Peter Gabriel's Tickle Therapy

I think I'd like to see a tickle therapy instituted, so I could pioneer it. I've always fancied myself as a tickler. Maybe that's why I do my jump in the crowd, to get a little tickle value. When did I start doing that? I think it must have been around 'Lay Your Hands On Me.' I know there was a gig in New York on the last night of the tour, and I persuaded the whole band to try it. So they all went - with a certain amount of trepidation."

Afraid the crowd might take you and drop the drummer? "Yeah, that's right! In fact someone did get dropped a little bit. I've been dropped a few times. San Francisco one time, they all cleared - 'slightly used goods, we don't want them.' They may have been clearing a space thinking I was going to disappear in a puff of smoke, but...no such luck."

~ toyou

Last edited:
Tickle Therapy

I've always wondered about this & have dreamt about opening my own "Tickling Practice" ..... problem is , I am not a doctor & have no medical training ..... I know it's just tickling , but wouldn't you have to be "certified" or something to be allowed to do something like this? ..... or , could you just put up some ads/flyers around town & hope someone calls for a tickle-therapy session?

ticklkitten said:
A thorough tickling that leaves me screaming and begging to be let up is the closest feeling I can relate to post orgasmic. I am SO ready for a nap afterwards, that's why I make sure I have my bed turned down so my tickler and tuck me in.... Mmm.... maybe I'll call him soon.
Didn't you get enough tickle therapy from Sadira and myself sweetie?😛

I'll be the minority voice here

I have a bit of a problem with the Dodson article posted here, or at least a difference in opinion. She assumes that everyone considers tickling to be pleasurable, when in fact some people find it quite unpleasant. Saying that victims of abusive tickling are merely afraid of having "too much of a good thing" seemed really egocentric to me. She seems to think that because she finds it fun, that everyone else perceives it the same way. It's like saying "women shy away from rape because deep down they're scared of experiencing sexual pleasure". Rape and sex are not the same thing, and neither are abusive and consentual tickling. I shudder to think of this woman practicing on people who hated the sensation, all the while probably telling them to "let go and surrender to the pleasure". In a clinical setting especially, what a nightmare. Sure it's fun if you have that fantasy and I know most of the people here do. But what about the poor sucker that just wants some help with their intimacy issues and doesn't care to be touched that way? I'm sorry, while it may be great for all of you, that article just left me feeling angry and sick inside :idontwann . I love tickling, but I would freak out if some doctor or shrink tried to do that to me in his/her office.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back