• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Would you fight to save the world?

kyokushinkai1

TMF Regular
I guess this is probably just the after affects of a long hard bar-party for thanksgiving, but the question is this:

If the world were in danger, and something threatened the existence of mankind, would you stand and fight? What would be your reason? (for example; no more TV, no more Beer....mmmm beer, etc etc).

I don't mean to get all heavy and philosophical, but I just thought I may as well ask!

umm yeah, good question xD

Well, depends on what was threatening mankind... i doubt i could do anything if a giant purple EVA( *cough* ) decided to attack us 😀 [serious answer]I don't know if I'd still try to fight, and I hope I'll never have to find out 🙂 [/serious answer]

If it went after my evangelion dvd's tough, It'd have to kill me first <.<

haha nice. Yeah if anything came near my room, my car, or my g/f (really not in that order! honest!), I'd probably stick around. Otherwise I'd be something like that famous military shirt:

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try and catch up!"

Hmm...good question; I doubt that any answer I could give would be entirely truthful, as something like this, you only really know what you'd do if the time actually came.

On reflection however, I think that I probably would fight, maybe even if it was obvious that I didn't stand a hope in hell; there's nothing quite like going out in a blaze of glory! 😀

Also, it depends where the fighting was taking place - I doubt I'd be any use if the battle was in space (I'm hardly physically fit). So, that's my answer. If I could, I would. I think.

the hollywood brother would do his part. the hollywood brother would perfer a peaceful solution but if it came down to mano vs mano then the hollywood brother would fight to defend eveyone here

I would fight if there was a threat to the World and the existence of mankind. I think it would be interesting to have a poll on this topic just to see what the results would be. My guess is that there would be more Yes votes than No votes but I could be wrong.

I couldnt bring much to a physical fight but I'd offer whatever I could in other capacities.

I wouldn't not hesistate to defend my family if in danger or my country if called. Is why I work for the VA health system, to help those who have defended us. I love my wife and kids enough to do anything to defend them, even if it were to cost my life.

I would fight for my family and for the preservation of the human race and spirit( which I believe is basically good ). You know what's funny Pres. Reagen proposed this very same scenario not once but 3 times during his presidency( twice before the U.N. and once in a speech in Germany). Wonder what he knew? Cue spooky music oooooo!

If the threat has good taste, I would trade tk pics made by artists here for our safety.😛 Would that count?

*serious* Like many have said; its up to what kind of a threat it is. If its 600ft tall, shoots beams that blow you to bits on intact, and fly's, then HELL NO! 😛 If its like osama bin laden, who somehow got into a mall, and there would be some pretty ladies around, FUCK YEAH! 😀

If something or someone threatened my way or life or the way of life of mankind as a whole, i would be one of the first to be 4F'd out of the army then try sneakin my way in

*Cue rousing background music from the big speech in ID4*
I dunno...even if they're superior in every way (likely, as any threat to Earth would have to GET to Earth first, and that requires way superior tech), what does that matter? At the end of the day, it comes down to a one simple choice; them, or us. And I don't choose them. 😎

Why do you Earthlings think all of us aliens are trying to take over the world? Why do you always want to fight us? You would all be better off with someone like me in charge

Hang on, General Zod; before you mentioned it, who said anything about fighting aliens?

We were talking about standing up and being counted to help defend the Earth from a threat to all of mankind; it may be extraterrestrial beings, an asteroid on a collision course, or even some new massive threat from within. Not all threats to mankind are alien invasions, I totally agree with you. 🙂

We are obviously not choosing to save the world with the way we treat it and eachother everyday, already. I almost take this as a trick question.

Last edited:
Well, as a super hero, albeit A "Bizzaro" Style Superhero, (for your information, Bizzaro was an imperfect clone of superman, he did things a little differently, such as... trying to save an old woman from being struck by a bus, Bizarro did not quickly fly the woman to safety as Superman would have done, but punched the bus, sending it and its thirty-odd passengers crashing into the river.) I can safely say that I would try my best to save the world, even if I agreed with certain aspects of the destruction of said world.

Vladislaus Dracula said:
We are obviously not choosing to save the world with the way we treat it and eachother already. I almost take this as a trick question.

Yeah, but what can we do about it? Nuke the factories?😛 🙄then again, that would be some flashy firework....if only there werent such distances between places... :sigh:

See? Right there. Why is the first thing to come to your mind physical harm against someone else? And there was no moderation about the level of harm, either. You skipped the foreplay and went straight for a nuclear assault, which currently represents the worst kind of physical damage the human race can inflict.

If the answer to violence is more violence, then you're not saving the world or trying to. You're only saving/thinking of a few, and yourself (and your ideals and beliefs). Even if the idea is noble in the end, and you could somehow justify the means to the ends, you'd end up with more conflict than you had before. Thats just a fact of life.

Now, if we could stop people from retaliating completely then this wouldn't be an issue and justice would prevail without interuption or disturbance. But for every action theres a reaction, so its all chain-linked together and it doesn't end, not even after one or both sides attain their goal. And "justice" is a matter of opinion anyways. Theres a certain level of human justice that we all try to adhere to as humans, but in war we forget about it because justice has no place in war nor is war a place to attain it. By setting out to kill people, for whatever reason, you've done an injustice to life yourself. Theres no white washing a truth like this.

It is in fact alien invasion that is the only thing, in my opinion, that would band the human race together, if for a time. We say the same for natural disasters, but is that really true? Not really. Some countries are left to die because we already know in forethought that they are inevitably lost causes, or they are deemed so early on.

Alien invasion would require our combind efforts (assuming they are more advanced than us in every way and outnumber us as individual nations). You're talking about the earth's resources, the collective military resources of the entire world being brought to bare against a single enemy. That may bolster confidence and a sense of brotherhood, but who knows if we'd fall short or not or how long that unity would last (before, during, and after the invasion).

I mean, if they have some kind of Death Star weopon, then $hits for beans, it doesn't matter what we have or do, think or say. LOL

This is actually very close to the nuclear weopon topic a while back, and I actually made this exact same point there too. Deja vu for me. 😀

Last edited:
HA! YOU SEE? YOU are the one thinking about the immidate nuke assult! 😛 You could CLEARLY make out the sarcasm from my last post! I was fooling around!😛 HAHA, I knew it! Vampires like blood....😛

by the way, wb! Where have you been, anyway?

You have a clone trooper for your avatar. Thats actually very fitting, since you seem to be the suggestible type who would obey a command from the seemingly benign. 😛

Yo ma'h clone troopa n' I'm yo Emperor Palpatine, biiiiiiiiiiiatch! 😛 ROFL!

Last edited:
NOOOOOO! IT CANNOT BEEE!.....sir.😛

Anyway, the new star wars junk is effective until November 1st, when Battlefront 2 (Video Game) and Revenge of the Sith (DVD) come out. Dunno what replaces it then, though.

I'll have to create an "order 66" of my own. 😀 Remind me of that, later.

What have I been doing? Awwww....was my wittle minion worried and had no direction without me? *pinches his cheek and talks to him like he's a baby* 😛

I've been busy with different things, to answer your question. I've checked in to see whats going on, but there was some inactivity and nothing worth responding to really. You know how it is.

I'll be glad when the dvd comes out, because then all I'll be able to make all sorts of animated avatars. 😀 Well, that and the bonus material/commentaries. I'm especially looking forward to those, so we can finally have some of these disputes/differing opinions resolved and get the official answer from the man himself. Of course, George may leave some of them unanswered. It is the controversy afterall that keeps people talking about such things. Its good business for him.

I already posted on topic, and I have nothing further to add at this, so I'm out of here.

Vladislaus Dracula said:
I'll have to create an "order 66" of my own. 😀 Remind me of that, later.

What have I been doing? Awwww....was my wittle minion worried and had no direction without me? *pinches his cheek and talks to him like he's a baby* 😛

:weird: :wooha: BABY? :sharp_tee 😛

LOL.

On topic, for the sake of also giving a not so thought out explaination or opinion, I'll say yes.

I mean, of course the answer is yes. How could it not be yes? I'd have to like...be a coward, indifferent or simply not care at all to not help the world in some way.

Last edited:
What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back