• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Custom delivery time - when should I be pissed?

eddieT

TMF Regular
Hey all

I'm hoping to get some input. I've ordered a custom from a vendor that was providing some pretty regular updates and seemed like a good dude. This person was offering customs with a couple of models, so I decided in July to go in on it.

He provided me a quote that I thought was fine, but a little out of my price range. I said thanks and I appreciate it, but I don't have that amount handy. The guy was willing to work with me, and very generously worked out a price that could work. We discussed that the original idea I had wasn't going to work due to the models changing, so I sent him another idea he said he could work with. So far, everything was going as I expected.

The next week I got a message from him that he couldn't do the custom, and that he'd be sending me a refund. I said thats too bad but I understand, and told him to let me know when he sent it back.

A week went by, and I didn't see it. I sent him a message and never heard back. I ended up sending him messages on here as well, and I got back a message that he was now going to be able to shoot the custom, to have patience, and that he was going to get it to me in the next two weeks.

That was mid August. I've since sent one message a week (I'm not badgering) just trying to understand where things are at. I've heard nothing back.

At this point, I'm not mentioning who this is because I don't want to put him on blast unless it's warranted. However I'm getting pretty pissed. I've ordered other customs and even if it takes some time to get done, the communication was regular and unsolicited, and I was at least kept abreast of what's going on.

I feel like I'm getting taken for a ride, but I wanted to get peoples opinions. If people think this is a problem, I also want to let people know who this is so that they avoid this producer. However, if this is more the norm, I don't want to put this dude on blast.

Thanks in advance for you opinions!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think two months since payment is beyond unprofessional; especially if they are not responding to your messages now

A month maybe if the producer was super busy, but two months is getting ridiculous unless they have a really valid excuse. I hope he either shoots it or does the right thing by giving your month back. I personally tell my custom clients I'll get there customs edited and emailed to them a week or less after I shoot it. I do wonder what his side of the story is not that I am discrediting yours. You're not the first custom client I've heard get burned and it grinds my gears that some models and producers do this.

This producer sounds very unprofessional. Especially considering the fact that he already has your money. If this producer has a C4S store and the non-replies continue, you may have to tell him that you're considering contacting C4S about this. Messaging him once a week in no way is badgering. Again, especially considering that he already had your money.

I went through two incidents this year where things came up and derailed a shoot, but both producers did a great job of keeping me in the loop of what was going on.

I had a custom all set, but out of nowhere one of the girls decided she no longer wanted to do fetish work. The producer said she'd recently got married, so it sounds like the husband got involved. Which stinks, but it happens. He told me about future shoots he had lined up, and said I could send another idea and he'd just put the money I already have him towards that. So with the shoot that I picked, I had to wait a few months. It sucked, but he apologized, it wasn't his fault, and he made me a great offer. So the months go by and the shoot date comes, but the producer had a brain-fart and didn't confirm the wardrobe until the last second, so the model didn't have it with her since she was already on her way. So my new idea wasn't made. And I sent him my idea about two months before the shoot. So this was just him not being on top of things. Again he apologized, he pointed out more shoots down the road, and I picked one again. And again, I had to wait a few months, but I had enough trust in him to wait those couple months. I finally got my custom, and it was great. But I paid in January, and I didn't actually get anything until July.

The 2nd incident happened last month. Everything was set to go, but one of the models just didn't show. The producer apologized, and even said he won't be using her anymore. Apparently it wasn't her first time flaking. He said that he had another shoot coming up in about month, and offered me that. At first I said "No", then later I told him I'd get back to him, and then I decided to take his offer. That shoot is set to happen next week, so hopefully nothing derails that one. But the producer and the girl who did show have a ton of confidence that this model won't flake on them. Even another model chimed in and said that I'll be getting a better custom with this model instead of the one who flaked. This is my first time ordering from this producer, and from what I've seen this guy is pretty good, and it's not his fault the model didn't show up.

The point is, while these incidents were beyond frustrating, both producers did an excellent job keeping me in the loop. There were times where I had to initiate contact, but they got back to me usually within the next 72 hours. I think five/six days was my longest waiting period.

If you hear nothing by the end of this month, considering how long it's been, contacting C4S if he has a C4S store may be your only option. Because this is just unacceptable. I get that producers have lives outside of all this, but when people are paying you for a service, it's your responsibility to keep them up to date and totally informed. Like the producer in the first incident for me, I know he has a full-time job outside of producing. And he keeps everyone informed via his Twitter page. So even if I personally don't hear from him for a while, he usually keeps everyone informed on Twitter about when he'll be responding to emails.

All

Thanks so.much for your opinions so far.

To clarify on one portion that porcelain asked about, the producer did (the first time) mention that he was dealing with some personal stuff, but that it was cleared up and now he's be getting to it.

I do also want to be clear that I'm ok with being patient and waiting, as long as I have some feedback as to where things stand. I also told him that if, for some reason, he couldn't arrange a shoot or had money issues, that I could be flexible, maybe we could exchange for clips or free membership to his patreon for a few months.

I got a nice message back that essentially said "hang in there", which I was cool with. But since then it's been crickets, and like I said, I haven't been hounding, simply requesting status casually once a week. But zero responses.

Today I finally sent him something that amounts to "please let me know the status or I'm going to request a refund". Now, I know there's really no "refund" avenue with venmo, but at a minimum I'm going to formally request it.

At this point I'm just wondering whether to go public with this dude because I'd hate for someone else to get in the same situation...

All

Thanks so.much for your opinions so far.

To clarify on one portion that porcelain asked about, the producer did (the first time) mention that he was dealing with some personal stuff, but that it was cleared up and now he's be getting to it.

I do also want to be clear that I'm ok with being patient and waiting, as long as I have some feedback as to where things stand. I also told him that if, for some reason, he couldn't arrange a shoot or had money issues, that I could be flexible, maybe we could exchange for clips or free membership to his patreon for a few months.

I got a nice message back that essentially said "hang in there", which I was cool with. But since then it's been crickets, and like I said, I haven't been hounding, simply requesting status casually once a week. But zero responses.

Today I finally sent him something that amounts to "please let me know the status or I'm going to request a refund". Now, I know there's really no "refund" avenue with venmo, but at a minimum I'm going to formally request it.

At this point I'm just wondering whether to go public with this dude because I'd hate for someone else to get in the same situation...

Now that you've sent him a message saying that you'll soon be requesting a refund, I say give him until the end of this month. Which is in exactly one week. If it's still total crickets, then you should go public about who it is. If things have cleared up, then there's no excuse. Even if they started up again, knowing that one of your customers is frustrated with your lack of updates, there's still really no excuse. I hope you get your clip or somehow get your money back. The reality is that customs are always a risk. I'm pretty selective honestly.

My incidents this year, being kept up to date was of great importance. And like I said, both producers did a good job of that. Like the first producer, the day my custom what shot, he DM'd me via twitter a 10 second mini clip of the girls in their attire, sating that they were getting ready to start. He did it because the first custom cancellation was totally out of nowhere, and the 2nd cancellation he knew was directly on him. The 2nd producer, I messaged last week for a status update, and he said that everything is still on. So I don't see a need to message him again since that shoot in next Tuesday/Wednesday.

I'd say you're being quite reasonable offering to take membership for a few months.
I say he should give you free membership not instead of the custom but until he gets you the custom or refunds you your money.
If he doesn't agree to this and get this set up within 2-3 days I'd say he earned be blasted.

I have been burned several times as well. Never agian.

Sucks that happened to you. Reading horror stories about people not getting their clip or a refund is why I'm at times very reluctant to look into other producers outside of the ones I already order from.

So, it's been another week. No response.

In the interest of making sure the community is aware, I'm sorry to let you know that LegitFilms /EastCoastTickles(tmf username) is the producer that has, as far as I can see, taken my custom money and run with it.

In the video reviews forum, it looks like there was another user that has had a similar issue to me.

The thing that really bugs me about his too is that I was a patron of his page, not just a one-off customer, and the guy looks like he literally ghosted his entire patreon community.

Unfortunately, I need to put out this warning to everyone. Stay clear.

You were beyond patient, and to me it's more than justified now to go public with who the producer is. Especially knowing now that you weren't the only one. I'm so sorry that this happened to you guys.

I try to sympathize with producers. Because they have lives outside of producing, and there is a lot of time consuming work that goes into producing. Work that I know I probably couldn't handle. Some producers only do this as a side job, and actually have a full 9-5 job. I know I couldn't handle that kind if workload. That being said, when you become a producer it becomes your responsibility to stay on top of things and keep people updated. Especially when you already have their money. Since he's a member here, maybe he'll see this and give his side. If he did, I'd be willing to hear him out. But until that happens, or until you say you've heard from him, I'm totally on board with letting people know about this so they can avoid going through what you guys have.

I hope he responds....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I do as well. I hope that the producer isn't a snake. But as time's gone on, and looking at the post in the Tickling Product Reviews area on this topic, I only see three possible scenarios here.

1. Something personal is going on and he's real backed up on his producing. Which according to the OP, is what he was told at first. And would mean that the guy just isn't prepared to handle so many things at once.

2. The guy just took the money. Which would make him a total scumbag, and to me should mean that his C4S store and Patreon be taken down.

3. He died. This is something that I honestly really worry about whenever I pay for a custom long before a shoot date.

IMO it's one of two things

1. His personal situation has changed due to his family issue, and he doesn't have the funds to refund, nor does he have the funds to hire the models to do the customers he took money for. He's in a bad spot, and decided that his best solution would be to just shutter.

2. He is unsavory and took the money and ran.

I'm hoping it's number 1. Is it the right thing to do? No. But does it at least have a decent explanation? Yes.

Just to be clear, in terms of paying way in advance, the custom I put money down for was supposed to be for a shoot the next weekend. Not sure how long the other gent on here was told, timewise.

I also want to make a clarification in terms of transparency. I went back through my messages and while I told him that I could be flexible in the event he couldn't refund me, I did not explicitly give him examples. (I.e. refunding via free months or vids). I believe I came up with examples in my head, but thought it might be better to see where his head was at first.

1. His personal situation has changed due to his family issue, and he doesn't have the funds to refund, nor does he have the funds to hire the models to do the customers he took money for. He's in a bad spot, and decided that his best solution would be to just shutter.

I'm hoping it's number 1. Is it the right thing to do? No. But does it at least have a decent explanation? Yes.

Just to be clear, in terms of paying way in advance, the custom I put money down for was supposed to be for a shoot the next weekend. Not sure how long the other gent on here was told, timewise.

I also want to make a clarification in terms of transparency. I went back through my messages and while I told him that I could be flexible in the event he couldn't refund me, I did not explicitly give him examples. (I.e. refunding via free months or vids). I believe I came up with examples in my head, but thought it might be better to see where his head was at first.

Financial troubles could be a reason. But him just not telling anyone and going into hiding would be a real bad look. I'm pretty sure people would understand if he thoroughly explained what was going on. I hope his personal reasons are the reason, and he comes out and explains. And at this point, I don't think it matters that you didn't give examples on how you could be flexible. He could easily follow up with you and possibly work something out.

With my scenarios, #2 and #3 at the moment seem like the most likely to me. I'd love to be wrong though.

I mean, if the guy is backed up or something, why not simply talk to the OP and explain so?

I would just simply contact your bank/CC company and tell them you've been had. They will refund you after a short investigation and back charge the payment processing company. I had to do this once when I got ripped off (wasn't a custom or fetish related thing, though - but shouldn't matter).

Doesn't quite work that way with venmo unfortunately. Venmo states that once it's out of their system (a few business days) there's not a whole lot they can do. If I back charge from my bank, all that'll do is get venmo pissed off.

Thanks for the idea though, I really do appreciate it!

I mean, if the guy is backed up or something, why not simply talk to the OP and explain so?

Him being just dead silent with people is why I don't think him being backed up is the scenario. It's certainly possible, which is why I included it in my guesses the other day, but it seems very unlikely at this point.

I think it's more likely that he's either a scammer, or dead.

If I had to go to some random online community to discuss it, I'd essentially be ruling out #1 because it sounds shitty enough for me to gauge it as #2.

You gave a guy money and he's screwing around with it, not getting shit done. Myself? I'd get pissed.

Update:

I just got my money refunded by the producer from venmo. While it took a while, the guy did the right thing.

Update:

I just got my money refunded by the producer from venmo. While it took a while, the guy did the right thing.

That's great to hear. I'm glad he finally got back to you and refunded your money.

I don't know if he gave you an explanation or not, but if I had to guess, I'd say what happened was his personal stuff flared up again which made it hard to commit to producing for the time being. Again, this is just my guess. If that is indeed the case, I hope he takes time off to get his issues in order. I don't think someone should half-ass it when it comes to producing. If you need time away, take that time. I hope he informs people though. I'm sure they'd understand.

I don't know how you feel about custom ordering after going through all this, and I don't know how much you're willing to spend, but there are plenty of producers who will keep in touch with you.

These are stores I've ordered from since I started ordering customs back in 2015. They've all been great at staying in touch when it comes to custom orders. The BOLD numbers are the number of customs I've ordered from them.

SimplyTickling 1
Constance Crazy Cinemas 1
Cali Logan Land 1
Mo Rinas Fetish Society 1
Savannahs Fetish World 2
David Marks Productions/Hollywood Productions 2
Tomikos Fetish Store 3
HeroineUniverse 11

And I'm currently preparing to put a down payment on a custom order for Hannah Perez's store.

NOTE: As you can see, HeroineUniverse has done the majority of my customs. But at the moment, he's put doing major customs on hold to put more focus on getting un-released content updated to his store. And also to do some traveling that he's wanted to do for a while. It's something he's wanted to do for a while, and doing customs took time away from that. He still does customs shoots every now and then, but they're much smaller and are exclusive to only his major custom customers like myself. But I included him in the list because he's hinted at a possible return one day. So it's something you can keep an eye on if you're interested. And even if he doesn't return for a while, he has a list of the models he's worked with over the years. He's always suggesting that people check them out, and I believe that all but one of them are still doing fetish work. http://www.heroineuniverse.com/main/movies.html

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/13/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the most tickling clips in one place on the web!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back