• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Depression: how do you deal with it?

ViperGTS

I woke up this morning after having a depressing dream. The nature of the dream was not depressing; in fact, I was having a pretty good time. But when I woke up and thought about who was in the dream with me, I started to hurt in my chest. I was wondering if anyone else has ever gotten this, and how you deal with it?

Mark

First thing, it was just a dream, it wasnt real. Sometimes your brain takes in so many images that it translates into vague pictures within your sub-conscence when your in "rem" sleep(i read about this somewhere)

Next thing-if its really bothering you, maybe you can talk about it with someone close to you.

Hi Viper. Iam sorry to hear about your dream, pal. That isnt good when one wakes up after a bad dream.
I have had some pretty screwed up dreams in my life, which I wont post about here. I will say that if I've woken up after a bad dream, I might feel lousy for a few minutes, and then, after I realize it was just a dream, I try to forget about it.
You mentioned depression. If you are feeling depressed consicously during your waking hours about anything, you might be best confiding in a friend, relative, significant other, or someone who can be a sounding board to you. Iam sure there are many in the forum who you can talk to about such issues to. Heck, I get depressed about my estrangement from my father all the time, and have unloaded on several forums members who are good friends about that.
Good Luck, and take care. Depressing dream, those can sometimes be worked through, but if something else in your waking hours is really bothering you, confiding and talking to someone you trust can help.

All the best,
Mitch

Hi sweetie~

This sounds a little like a panic attack. How often does it happen? You might want to go visit the doc. It will feel a litle as if you're having a heart attack when it happens. Doctor can prescribe you anti-anxiety meds that work VERY quickly. You only take them when you have "that feeling" so if you're not a "drug person" that should make you feel a little better. HTH!

XOXO

ViperGTS said:
I woke up this morning after having a depressing dream. The nature of the dream was not depressing; in fact, I was having a pretty good time. But when I woke up and thought about who was in the dream with me, I started to hurt in my chest. I was wondering if anyone else has ever gotten this, and how you deal with it?

Mark

Female wrestler, I gotta say this only cause I really cant stand you. I know sometimes it's your opinion and what not but seems like you are really trying to flame viper. I Don't know if your a guy or a girl and I don't really care, but seems like whatever it is bothering you take it up with either him privately, cause your not being constructive one bit. And for me to say that means alot seeing as sometimes I post first without thinking. This is strickly my opinion, you need to grow up. And I don't care if anyone agrees or not but your walking a fine line on being a complete ass.

Viper I have suffered from depression and what not and was medicated for awhile. The way I was able to dampen the effects was to figure out what I wanted in life. I have no idea how old you are but Im 20 now and until I figured out where I wanted to go I was a wreck and damn near suicidal. Not sure what your dream was about but stick close to your loved ones like mitchell suggested. And be happy that you have a loving girlfriend to comfort you. I was without one when I seemingly hit rock bottom. Plus seems like the majority of the members here seem to care about you.

Ooh I am looking to unregister from this site because my off again on again fiance is very threatened by me "coming" here, and then I got drawn in by your most interesting post!

First of all, chest pains should always be checked out by a physician, Viper.

But I want to add:
There is also something called somatoform disorders in which mental conditions (like the anxiety referred to above) that cause physiologic symptoms. They occur through an unconscious mental process. Often the etiology of somatoform disorders is related to stress responses that are mediated w/i the physical state of the body, rather than through symptoms of stress and anxiety. Conversion disorders specifically often mimic neurologic disorders. Sometimes people are paralyzed or numb, in pain, in the physical part of the body which is related to the inner psychological conflict a person is experiencing. Yours might be an emotional (chest/heart) conflict you are denying. Denial of the emotion may increase the physical symptoms. The red light for somatization disorder here with you was the mentioning of depression along with your physical symptom.

But of course I can't do an assessment of a stranger online!! lol. I think what everyone else said about going to a doctor to rule out physical causes is your best move. It may be a warning pain. See a doc, babe.

Definitely see a doctor just to be on the safe side.

I've had chest pains occasionally that restrict my breathing. The most recent incident was about a month ago. The pain seemed localized near my heart, so I went to the doctor right away. To my surprise the doctor said the pain in my chest was actually being triggered by my back: a combination of a weird curvature in my spine and poor posture when sitting.

I'm just saying that the cause of your chest pain may not be what you think it is. But definitely see a doctor. Hopefully it's something minor.

And for Female Wrestler: May I recommend a strong laxative.

Viper, I have one more thing to add, pal. I was rushing around, doing other things, so I didnt see the part of your post about chest pains. Although Iam not a doctor, at your young age it is probably likely that those pains were caused by stress and anxiety, from the dream, and maybe other things. I passed out once and had high BP readings about 5 years ago from stress, and, after some tests, and a number of weeks of lifestyle changes, my bp went down to normal, and they concluded that the passing out was from stress. Were I you, I'd see your doctor about both the chest pains, and the depression. Maybe he can perscribe anti anxiety meds, as someone else suggested. What you are experiencing can happen to people who are under extreme stress. Things like nightmares, and chest pains. I would seek medical attention, because perhaps they can make you feel better.
I hope the support of your friends helps. PM me anytime if you just need to talk. We are all here for you, and the medical attention could help you too. Good Luck.

Mitch

Viper, I deal with depression every day. Been dealing with it for years. It definitely sounds more like anxiety. I am with the majority here. Go see a doc. Better safe than sorry. We definitely would not want to lose you in any way. Especially if this has happened before.

To echo most here, definitely sounds like a panic attack, Viper. I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder myself, which basically means I get a variety of different levels of panic attacks every single day of my life....sometimes up to 20 in one day, and a few that have landed me in the hospital.

The important thing to keep in your mind when you have one of these (if you ever get one again) is that you are fine physically, and your brain is fooling you into believing something is seriously wrong. Just sit down, take some deep breaths, and try to relax until it passes. It will pass, usually in just a few moments. But if they become a pattern, definitely see a doctor, for they can help you find other ways to both prevent and cut down on the amount and severity of attacks you get.

My door is always open if you wanna talk sweetie or ask any questions about it.

Mimi :)

ViperGTS why don't you take the advise given to you by Female Wrestler and Krokus, bottle everything up inside and die at the ripe age of fourty five!

NO, just kidding! Seriously dude if your feeling depressed maybe you should see a counsoler. My step father bottled everything up inside, and was more depressed than he let on. Well he killed himself. And he didn't show any of the so called "usual" signs of suicide. Anyways I'm not saying your going to kill yourself, or your thinking about it, I'm saying you need to let it out. And people like Female Wrestler and Krokus sound like people who are just a bunch of jackasses who only think of themselves. You don't "grow" out of depression. Good luck man, and if it makes you feel better (though with people like Female Wrestler and Krokus I don't see how it's possible) to post here, than continue to do so.

Let me start off by saying: You guys are the best.

Well, certain banned idiots excluded, of course.

I think everyone misconstrued the "pain in my chest" thing. I just meant that my heart ached. The dream was about an ex of mine that still assumedly hates me, and in the dream, everything seemed fine. It was the waking up and realizing it was a dream part that upset me, and suddenly I felt very broken and depressed.

I didn't mean to traumatize anyone or make anyone think I was having a heart attack, lol, I'm sorry. I think I just wanted to vent a little.

Thanks again, ever so much!

Mark

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Why didnt you say so???? lol I have actually been there also. I am here anytime you would like to chat.

TheFactor said:
ViperGTS why don't you take the advise given to you by Female Wrestler and Krokus, bottle everything up inside and die at the ripe age of fourty five!

NO, just kidding! Seriously dude if your feeling depressed maybe you should see a counsoler. My step father bottled everything up inside, and was more depressed than he let on. Well he killed himself. And he didn't show any of the so called "usual" signs of suicide. Anyways I'm not saying your going to kill yourself, or your thinking about it, I'm saying you need to let it out. And people like Female Wrestler and Krokus sound like people who are just a bunch of jackasses who only think of themselves. You don't "grow" out of depression. Good luck man, and if it makes you feel better (though with people like Female Wrestler and Krokus I don't see how it's possible) to post here, than continue to do so.

edit - not worth it.

Last edited:
Come on children, stop being so hateful. This is a community, not a gangbang. Be nice.

I am no expert, but I do agree with Krokus about making a choice not to give into depression. Talking to people and getting things off one's chest is a start. I have many responsibilities (including my aging parents), and I often battle depression just by taking long walks, exercising, seeing friends, or even listening to loud rock and jumping around my apartment like a madman.

If depression is clinical, however, the best route is seeing a professional. There is no shame in that; I did it many years ago and even took medication for two years. Today, off meds and out of therapy, I am a completely different person who is not ashamed to admit that he once needed help. Clinical depression is biological; it is not personal weakness or moral decay. It also has nothing to do with machismo, not having enough religious faith (if one is a believer), needing religion (if one is a non-believer), bad karma, or being punished for being a so-called bad person. It just is. Like any other medical issue, it needs to be treated.

ViperGTS said:
Come on children, stop being so hateful. This is a community, not a gangbang. Be nice.

hate beats depression, thats my cure for depression, get pissed. LOL :evilha:

I hope you get your "issues" resolved.

From Viper's description, it sounds very little like any kind of ongoing thing. I've had dreams that twist my emotions around, and sometimes I have woken up near tears and can't even remember what upset me so much. For something that is supposed to keep us sane, dreaming can often feel like anything but.

Sultrybrunette said:
Viper, I deal with depression every day. Been dealing with it for years. It definitely sounds more like anxiety. I am with the majority here. Go see a doc. Better safe than sorry. We definitely would not want to lose you in any way. Especially if this has happened before.

I'm no doctor, but I agree with you, Sultry. I, too, have suffered with depression for many years. Not at all fun, but I've been able to deal with and live with it to the best of my abilities. I've also experienced a panic attack once before, when I was around 19 or 20. Spent a few hours in the hospital because of it. Not sure if the two are interrelated in any way, but like others suggested, it would be best to seek the advice of a medical professional, Viper. Good luck with everything, man.

I get mild and occasional bouts of depression, and what's most notable for me is the physical dimension to it. In fact, I've made the discovery that I'm most prone to it when I've just gotten back from a trip that involved carrying heavy luggage around. Even my laptop computer in my backpack fits that category. It's a physical sensation, but I'm still having thoughts and emotions dictated by that sensation, including guilt about this or that inadequacy.

If this is a single deal emanating from a particular dream, then all you can really do is ride with it and let it run its course. It certainly sounds like a sign that you're sensitive about relationships. One thing you should do when you're depressed is have as much normal activity as possible, even if you're not in the mood for it. If it's serious and recurring, then consulting with somebody may be indicated.

LOL! (sends him a spanking for scaring the hell out of us!) :manicd:

Well, I generally discard anyone who I feel hurts or wrongs me but I've on occasion made a small effort to straighten things out, it can be very liberating.

We've only chatted a little but you seem like a sweetie. You didn't give us the circumstances but it couldn't have been THAT bad. Maybe she doesn't "hate" you at all. Maybe the dream means she's ready to forgive, and you can both move forward with your new loves?
XOXO

Sultrybrunette said:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Why didnt you say so???? lol I have actually been there also. I am here anytime you would like to chat.

HA! Naughty boy~you wish! :jester: In this realm I might give but no one will EVER get me to agree to receive, so don't go getting too funky on me too fast, m'kay? :evilha:
XOXO

WorkInProgress said:
>> sends him a spanking
Branching out, are we?

Last edited:
What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back