• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Does the Personals section ever yield true results?

Jondude

TMF Expert
I... I'm no social butterfly when it comes to women. It takes a lot of time for me to open up to a girl, and even longer to ask them out. Now that I'm working from home, I rarely get out, and it makes it hard to meet new people.

I've been a lurker of these forums since I was a teenager, and now I'm a young man, ready to see if I can find something more within this community than clips or stories. I'm not saying I want to find my "one true love" who'll appreciate me for the awesome guy that I am, that girl I'll want to one day marry and have children with here. I'm not even saying I want to find someone to fool around with, seeing as how I'm not that kind of guy nor is that what I'm after. If I happen to find the former, then that's great. Booyah. For now though, all I want is someone to talk to. I miss the feeling of connection, not necessarily a romantic one, just the feeling of having someone to talk to about anything, no matter what it is...

So, I come to you all seeking insight, as I skim the personals section, afraid to make a jump out of fear I may land on my face. I want to make it clear that I'm looking for this connection over there as I just did here, but I'm afraid I'll get every kind of response EXCEPT the one I'm looking for. So, dear community, I ask you... Does making that plunge ever yield real results? Can I find that connection there? Or am I just going to be flooded by horndogs looking to abuse my vulnerability to have themselves a good time?

In the end, is it even worth it?

Thanks for your time.

Best of luck to you sir. And my humble opinion of course it's worth putting yourself out there, and the worst that can happen is they say no, and that's all it is. If someone decides to be rude about it, well then there not worth talking to. Once again I wish you luck in your search for a connection.

I'm no expert, as I'm not a big user of the personals section... But as far as effort it dosent seem like it takes that much more effort to post over there than it does here. I have no idea if you'll meet anyone, but if you don't I it isn't like you spent three years composing a symphony to impress a girl and failed. This post is more thought out than a lot of personals.

I can say with my time in the internet particuarly fetish communities has given me ample experiance to say this... Because you said something about "the girl you will one day marry and have children with" I'm gonna assume your a heterosexual male seeking a heterosexual female...
If that's the case, I really feel your fear of a wave of lady horn dogs looking to take advantage of you is unfounded. It's not a problem I see a lot.... You could be unique in that aspect... But I think your safe.

Now that all might have seemed a little snarky, but the take home point is, if you wanna try... You've really got nothing to lose!

As someone who has had... Rough history with women, I was in fact referring to women looking to simply use me for their own needs, as well as the men who would do the same whether outright or under the guise of a woman. I realize these types of people may be scarce around these parts, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Manipulation and deceit is present in both genders, thus I speak with both men and women in mind when referring to those who prey on innocents.

I wasent really talking about deceit when I made my comment, I actually ment looking through the personals, if your a guy... You'll be doing well to have a response or two. You may have to examine a couple of apples to see if they are rotten, but I just don't think being "flooded" is a very real fear.
It dosent have anything to do with my view of manipulation by men or women, certinally both genders are capable. Rather it has to do with the economics of online dating in a fetish community.

If you were a 23 year old attractive female for example... I would say, yes... You will be flooded by horn dogs within an hour of posting a selfie. The calculus would be different. That dosent Speek to morality, but rather to the supply and demand curve.

I can understand that point. Maybe flooded was the wrong term, although in a forum with as many members as there are here, then I guess it's all relative. I mean, between potential posts, replies, visitor messages, friend requests, PMs... Even 10-20 or so of those within the span of a few days to even a week is a "flood" in my personal definition of the word in this context. I'm not saying I'll get that many, but it is possible, the community as big as it is and depending on who finds my personal ad intriguing. It's funny that you mention how well thought out my original post was, because I'm an amateur writer. If I write up a well thought out ad and only a few people respond, I haven't been doing my job right. I was planning on writing up one that's well articulated and thought-provoking so as to attract others like me who find that appealing, so that whoever responds will have at least one thing in common with me. However, like I said, as a result I am estimating a bit more than a few replies, thus my fear of attracting the wrong crowds, which is why I used the term "flooded". Even a handful of horndogs in a relatively short amount of time could be too much for me to handle at once.

Well it's also a very personal question that you have to awnser for yourself. If your thinking in absolute or near absolute terms... I feel I can give you a super confident awnser...
If you said (I know you didn't) it is not worth the risk of one bad relationship, one rejection, one hurtful comment or manipulation... Then I can say with great certainty. Don't do it. Don't ever put yourself out there, because the odds of just posting a personal, or anything else, and finding that perfect person... Or even only honest good people is amazingly low.

I tell people who come to train all the time, if you don't wanna get hurt, go to a gym don't come to fight. No ones gonna try to hurt you, but it happens.

Your gonna get hurt, your gonna get banged up man, that's life. Your gonna get people who try to use and take advantage... And if you want to be safe from that the closest you will get is to be a compleate cast away from society. If you write your gonna get 100 rejection letters for everything you get published, unless your some superstar... If you are great that's not my point... You have to take a risk, because the biggest risk is not taking one.

I say go for it! You never know what might happen! I've never used the personals but I did mention that I was single in a post and I got flooded with private messages immediately afterwards. A (small) percent of them were extremely creepy. Most of them were nice and resulted in short, pleasant conversations that didn't really go anywhere. But then there was the one that stood out, and this person ended up blowing my mind! :) I would never have imagined that I'd have met someone so awesome on here, but I did! I had my entire life planned out and he changed everything in the best way possible. (Hey you, if you read this: I LOVE YOUUUU)

A few years ago, I probably would have ignored private messages on a site like this, assuming they would be creepy. I agree with Godless, the biggest risk is not taking a risk. If you are looking for another human being (in whatever way) envision all the qualities you want and list them in your mind. Shout your desires to the Universe, and if you post an ad, be clear about what you're looking for. You can't find it if you don't know what it is.

Dream big, take a chance and dive right in. You can't know what's waiting for you until you do.

Last edited:
I put up a personal ad on Tickle Theater once and was fortunate enough for it to yield a true result from a lovely lady who lived in my state. Sadly, she had to move, but we did have nice times together while she was still here. It does feel a bit like finding a diamond in the rough sometimes, but sure, it can definitely work.

One thing I feel is any "site" "dedicated" to sex/sexuality....as a guy, I'll likely see a desert more than a " flood".

Lately I go on POF, ask a couple "how are you"s "what do you do"s "how long have you been doing _______" and then I let loose. Works 50/50.

I've had some nice play time, courtesy of the personal section on here and on fetlife.

As long as you manage your expectations, you'll be fine, I'm no bleedin Brad Pitt neaither :)

Put yourself out there and give it a go, he who dares wins Rodney..

Didnt meet anyone in the personals but met the husband in Chat- soooo you never know what will happen if you participate and hey- even if you post in the personals and it doesnt go as you wish, you're no better off than when you started so why not give it a go? As mentioned, you could also try fetlife.

I say go for it! You never know what might happen! I've never used the personals but I did mention that I was single in a post and I got flooded with private messages immediately afterwards. A (small) percent of them were extremely creepy. Most of them were nice and resulted in short, pleasant conversations that didn't really go anywhere. But then there was the one that stood out, and this person ended up blowing my mind! :) I would never have imagined that I'd have met someone so awesome on here, but I did! I had my entire life planned out and he changed everything in the best way possible. (Hey you, if you read this: I LOVE YOUUUU)

A few years ago, I probably would have ignored private messages on a site like this, assuming they would be creepy. I agree with Godless, the biggest risk is not taking a risk. If you are looking for another human being (in whatever way) envision all the qualities you want and list them in your mind. Shout your desires to the Universe, and if you post an ad, be clear about what you're looking for. You can't find it if you don't know what it is.

Dream big, take a chance and dive right in. You can't know what's waiting for you until you do.

Well hi there!! I love you tooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I don't remember directly meeting someone as a result of the Personals forum here. BUT like Ticklemepls, I also met my hubby in TMF chatroom. I have met several people from this Forum (some who will be friends for life) and a couple from FetLife as well.

Go for it! Just be safe. :D

I don't remember directly meeting someone as a result of the Personals forum here. BUT like Ticklemepls, I also met my hubby in TMF chatroom. I have met several people from this Forum (some who will be friends for life) and a couple from FetLife as well.

Go for it! Just be safe. :D

Personally I haven't had any luck in the personal section so I pretty much stopped posting in there

So, I come to you all seeking insight.... afraid to make a jump out of fear I may land on my face. In the end, is it even worth it?

If you've never fallen on your face while looking for female companionship here or anywhere else, you haven't really been looking.

Have the guts to fail and you will also, sometimes, succeed.

If you've never fallen on your face while looking for female companionship here or anywhere else, you haven't really been looking. Have the guts to fail and you will also, sometimes, succeed.

Yep. Gotta break a couple of eggs if ya want some poonani.

I've had luck finding play partners through the personals. FetLife is where I found real companions. My current boyfriend that I've been with for about a.year and a half was met through FetLife.

Yes, the Personals section has benefitted me in getting sessions. I have met three different ladies through there for meet-ups, two of them via multiple paid sessions. I have recommended to some traveling dommes I've sessioned with to post their upcoming trips in the Midwest Personals, so that we know they're coming. Like most perhaps, I'd prefer a more casual meet-up than paying, but it has been a fun ride. Since you say you're basically interested in connection, I would suggest the chat rooms. Many people pass through there and several have initiated conversations with me, even while I'm just hanging around. Some are there mainly to role play, but there are several purely social folks out there who you might enjoy chipping in with. Good luck.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back