• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite Guitar Player

Wow, some great choices ...

Snail Shell - Eric Johnson completely kicks ass

Iris - Randy Rhoads, his life was cut tragically short but he melted many faces in his short time

Leeallure - you say Knopfler, I say guitar God

Also, I'm adding Albert Lee to the list

What about Colin?

Wow, some great choices ...

Snail Shell - Eric Johnson completely kicks ass

Iris - Randy Rhoads, his life was cut tragically short but he melted many faces in his short time

Leeallure - you say Knopfler, I say guitar God

Also, I'm adding Albert Lee to the list

Ya, but what about Colin?!?

Colin James "Why'd You Lie"
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EL9gYW1tBTo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EL9gYW1tBTo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Colin James "Just Came Back"
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RJyprEtjAiI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RJyprEtjAiI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Randy Rhodes

Eddie Van Halen

Jimmy Page

Ted Nugent

Ace Frehley

peace out,
daddy

Ahh yes, Slaver ... admittedly I have never listened to Colin James, but since you've posted, I've been to his website and checked out some youtube clips ... check back in a few (weeks, months, who knows) and I'll let you know what I think (not that my opinion carries any significant weight hahaha) ... but thanks, this post is as much about hearing what other people listen to as it is finding out about new guitar players.

Rock and or Roll

hendrix, page, clapton, duane allman, gilmour, townsend, carlos santana, steve howe, allen collins, just to name a few

Joe Satriani
Eric Johnson, Thanks Snail for bringing him up! He never gets enough credit!
Jeff Beck
and the dude from DragonForce

I'm not going to list all the legends, most of them have been covered...

Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine), Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit, say nothing), Joel Stroetzel and Adam Dutkiewicz (Killswitch Engage), and the guitarist from Mastadon.

... can't believe nobody mentioned Dimebag.

OK...of the STILL LIVING LEGENDS...

Eric Clapton ( Nuff' Said )
Pete Townsend ( Ditto )
David Bromberg .... 6 AND 12 String Guitars, Mandolin, Banjo, Fiddle ...The Greatest Guitarest You Never Heard in Your Life.
Steven Stills ....Check Out Tree top Flyer / Black Queen
J.J.Cale ... Ck out his album w/ Clapton

Don't count out the OLD GUYS just yet!:woot:

Bug

ctticklefan, good point about Eric Johnson, he doesn't have tons of street cred but he's truley phenominal, I saw him a couple summers ago and he melted faces.

And Nostradamus ease up just because someone dies it doesn't mean they weren't good. I'll admit pantera sucked but DBD was nasty ... Not as nasty as stevie ray, danny gatton, roy buchanan, and randy rhoads rip

Mark Tremonti from Alter Bridge...just listen to Blackbird...

Right on, dude! Tremonti is the best to come out in the last ten years! Before that, it was King Edward and the late, great Randy Rhoads...

Ah, I love when these guitar player threads pop up. Unlike bassists and drummers, where there have been a relatively small number who've had THAT big an impact (well, compared to guitarists, that is)...guitar styles and approach are a matter of personal taste over actual talent at a certain point. That being said, I've always gravitated toward the players who master different styles and genres. Speed is impressive, but really does not equal inspiration after a time. Ok, so you can shred a scale realyreallyreally fast. So can 1,456,629 other guitarists. Which is why I generally tend to leave metal guitarists out of lists like this, unless they've really done something different in the genre. And that's coming from someone who LOVES metal.

Randy Rhodes was different. Rik Emmett was different. Both trancended the usual constraints of heavy metal, especially Rik.

I'm another who'll jump on the Eric Johnson wagon here. This guy gets FAR too little credit for being a true virtuoso. The guy is basically incomparible.

Of course, Alex Lifeson of Rush is a favorite. And another who gets far too little recognition. I've rarely ever seen anyone who can structure guitar phrases to fill the holes usually prevalent in a power trio format the way Alex does. There are so many Rush songs where you'd swear they're using overdubs, and it's just Alex coming up with yet another exotic chord phrasing.

Mark Knopfler. 'Nuff said.

And you know who doesn't get a lot of recognition? Buck Dharma of Blue Oyster Cult. Discuss. :triangle:

Link Wray.......his early 60s recordings can blow away any of those sissy "metal" guitarists.

Grant Green.........fantastic jazz and blues player.

Django Reinhardt.........if you have to ask who he is, then you have no business at this thread.

T-Bone Walker........see Django Reinhardt.

Drew

Link Wray.......his early 60s recordings can blow away any of those sissy "metal" guitarists.

Grant Green.........fantastic jazz and blues player.

Django Reinhardt.........if you have to ask who he is, then you have no business at this thread.

T-Bone Walker........see Django Reinhardt.

Drew

I LOVE you Drew.....in a strictly platonic man-sorta-way, of course. :D

Django did more with the two useable fingers of his left hand than most guitarists can do fully functionally. Have you ever heard the Django on the Radio broadcasts in the new remastered form? I got it is a gift from my uncle, and it's played quite a bit around Casa Dave. :triangle:

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back