• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Online dating... is it a real relationship?

How about everyone trying to put some common sense into you? Do we count? We know reality is pretty harsh, but the magic of being alive is carving your own niche into this 'tough rock' and finding something. It feels more special when you can hold their hand, or feel their breath on your ear when they whisper "I love you". Not to mention all the other really good stuff...

Of course.. god is an entirely different story. god has no coherent idea. Love does. Love is something you feel for somebody else when you care about them, and would do anything for them. Of course, we all have our varying viewpoints of what love is - just as we have our varying viewpoints of what the color purple is, or what a dog is. A dog in asia might just be another tasty meal, but in other parts of the world they're domestic pets - in others, they're helpers. Say "purple" or "dog" and just imagine something. I guarantee the mental imagery will be different for everyone. However, these are all things we can see in reality, they're made up of matter. Love is made up of matter too, it's a chemical reaction in your brain. Consuming chocolate produces similar results. On a more quantifiable level, it's simply there to facilitate sexual reproduction in the human species. That seems pretty cold and without emotion, but it's merely a scientific description. Again, different concepts, different ideas - but still based in reality. god is not.

Last edited:
How about everyone trying to put some common sense into you? Do we count? We know reality is pretty harsh, but the magic of being alive is carving your own niche into this 'tough rock' and finding something. It feels more special when you can hold their hand, or feel their breath on your ear when they whisper "I love you". Not to mention all the other really good stuff...

I understand that it's better to be able to do all that but that doesn't mean that an online one isn't real.It just means one has more benefits then the other

[I haven't read through the thread or anything, so I hope I'm not just rehashing others comments]

I haven't ever had one, but I suppose that, for two people too far away or whatever to connect IRL, there could at least grow a strong enough bond to qualify as a "relationship". Certainly on par or even better than what passes for "relationships" for more than afew of the people I know in meatspace. I imagine it's rare, though...

Of course.. god is an entirely different story. god has no coherent idea. Love does. Love is something you feel for somebody else when you care about them, and would do anything for them. Of course, we all have our varying viewpoints of what love is - just as we have our varying viewpoints of what the color purple is, or what a dog is. A dog in asia might just be another tasty meal, but in other parts of the world they're domestic pets - in others, they're helpers. Say "purple" or "dog" and just imagine something. I guarantee the mental imagery will be different for everyone. However, these are all things we can see in reality, they're made up of matter. Love is made up of matter too, it's a chemical reaction in your brain. Consuming chocolate produces similar results. On a more quantifiable level, it's simply there to facilitate sexual reproduction in the human species. That seems pretty cold and without emotion, but it's merely a scientific description. Again, different concepts, different ideas - but still based in reality. god is not.

Now how did I know you of all people would depart from the topic being discussed for the opportunity to deliver a speech on this one :lol

I understand that it's better to be able to do all that but that doesn't mean that an online one isn't real.It just means one has more benefits then the other

The benefits being; anything you could do online plus:

-Holding hands.
-Seeing a movie together.
-Kissing.
-Oh and sex.

These are all things you can't do online. Not yet anyway. Perhaps in time when quantum entanglement is figured out and used to facilitate lagless faster-than-light communication between two distant points?

because she simply can never resist it.She is so scientific and just can't bear to believe in anything Science has yet to prove to her beyond a shadow of any reasonable doubt?

The benefits being; anything you could do online plus:

-Holding hands.
-Seeing a movie together.
-Kissing.
-Oh and sex.

These are all things you can't do online. Not yet anyway. Perhaps in time when quantum entanglement is figured out and used to facilitate lagless faster-than-light communication between two distant points?

okay,yes,I get all that but that doesn't mean that an online relationship isn't real

The truth stings those not ready for it I suppose. Why so upset over it?

I'm not upset at all I just simply don't agree with you guys.I have seen nothing at all that says it isn't a real relationship.Other then opinions of people who cannot accept the relationship.

You don't have to agree with anything I say. Most folks would rather be wrong and say the sky is red then listen to me tell them why it's blue, I understand that. But expect my opinions - most of which are supported by facts, except for my belief in aliens - that's supported by math - on an open forum. :)

But please, I encourage you to continue chasing your own tails trying to find me speaking on such matters without facts.

But please, I encourage you to continue chasing your own tails trying to find me speaking on such matters without facts.

That's just your problem :lol And in the same way I'll never be able to convince some of my friends that there is no logical way to argue the existence of God, I doubt I can make this point clear to you; for as you are, I once was.

And please, for the same reason I ask people not to mix religion with science, don't go confusing facts with truth.

Oh,come on you have given me no facts at all because there isn't any facts on what makes a relationship real lol.That's my point.There is no rules on what makes a relationship real.If there is I will hear them but I haven't heard of any.

That's just your problem :lol And in the same way I'll never be able to convince some of my friends that there is no logical way to argue the existence of God, I doubt I can make this point clear to you; for as you are, I once was.

And please, for the same reason I ask people not to mix religion with science, don't go confusing facts with truth.

Then I'll have to ask you not to bring up "arguing god" if you don't want me to rip holes in the idea. If facts are not truth, then what are they?

Let's consult the dictionary on that one.

"1. something that actually exists; reality; truth"

So don't go confusing something that actually exists in reality, and is truthful, with something that is truthful? How amusing.

So, for now, it is factual that you can't hold hands online. You can't kiss online. You can't have sex online. Is this factual? Is this truthful? Yes, and yes. You can only hold hands, kiss, and make love in the real world, with real physical contact. This has been the most tautological statement ever, by the way.

Last edited:
Then I'll have to ask you not to bring up "arguing god" if you don't want me to rip holes in the idea. If facts are not truth, then what are they?

Let's consult the dictionary on that one.

"1. something that actually exists; reality; truth"

So don't go confusing something that actually exists in reality, and is truthful, with something that is truthful? How amusing.

For goodness sake you don't consult a standard dictionary when you're discussing philosophical terms. Do you think I would have made the distinction between fact and truth if I weren't talking about two completely different ideas? Truth, much like love, is a higher order concept that if broken down into it constituent parts the way you would in defining something, loses its essential meaning. Hence overly scientific, reductionist or objectivist analysis is useless for it. I can understand then why that would bother you since as far as I can see, it's that kind of thinking alone that you value for logical discourse.

Facts are easily and universally definable, while truth rarely is. Facts are always objective whereas the truth of any situation is subjective. Facts are quantifiable while truth resists scientific scrutiny, as it is basically a phenomenological phenomenon (I'm not sure if that's a redundancy or just stupid but you get what I mean). Here endeth the rant.

For goodness sake you don't consult a standard dictionary when you're discussing philosophical terms. Do you think I would have made the distinction between fact and truth if I weren't talking about two completely different ideas? Truth, much like love, is a higher order concept that if broken down into it constituent parts the way you would in defining something, loses its essential meaning. Hence overly scientific, reductionist or objectivist analysis is useless for it. I can understand then why that would bother you since as far as I can see, it's that kind of thinking alone that you value for logical discourse.

Facts are easily and universally definable, while truth rarely is. Facts are always objective whereas the truth of any situation is subjective. Facts are quantifiable while truth resists scientific scrutiny, as it is basically a phenomenological phenomenon (I'm not sure if that's a redundancy or just stupid but you get what I mean). Here endeth the rant.

Fox,do yourself a favor and let it go you will NEVER convince her even if God himself sat down and had tea with her she still wouldn't budge.I tried (like you) to convince her about ghosts.

Logical discourse is pretty much all I value when talking on these matters. Nowhere was this established as a purely philosophical argument. But, science shapes my philosophy. I see truth and fact as inseparable, just as space and time are.

Besides, how can you even talk about "truth" when you yourself say it's rarely easily definable? It's a concept with no basis in reality at this point. It's hard to argue for or against anything without a coherent idea, which is the framework for it to even exist as a topic at all.

*Waves white flag* :(

I'm not sure if you don't understand where I'm coming from or you just refuse to accept any mode of thought other than your own, but QueenBeeBeeMari is right. Arguing with you is pointless. It's almost exactly the same as talking with a religious fundamentalist, you're just way over on the other side.

No,Scientist only know Science and will only believe what that groups tells them and nothing else will ever enter their ears

Heh, you just managed to misrepresent and pervert science with a single sentence. I don't know if I should be amused or horrified.

"Scientists only know science and will only believe what that group tells them" --- please tell me somebody out there understands why this sentence just made me die inside? Holy shit. You have no idea of what science is do you?

*Waves white flag* :(

I'm not sure if you don't understand where I'm coming from or you just refuse to accept any mode of thought other than your own, but QueenBeeBeeMari is right. Arguing with you is pointless. It's almost exactly the same as talking with a religious fundamentalist, you're just way over on the other side.

It just seems that you want to side with QBBM on internet relationships being real. Not to toot my own horn, but I ripped your argument about "truth" apart.

Heh, you just managed to misrepresent and pervert science with a single sentence. I don't know if I should be amused or horrified.

"Scientists only know science and will only believe what that group tells them" --- please tell me somebody out there understands why this sentence just made me die inside? Holy shit. You have no idea of what science is do you?

Lol,well,I'm quite sorry.Last I checked you said it was a collection of knowledge and facts that are always changing.But go ahead and revive yourself enough to correct me if you must.You're the resident Scientist around here I guess.

Okay. Scientists don't ever just "believe" things. Science allows you to check the facts for yourself. Oh, let's not forget applicable results...like everything we have today. Whether or not you "believe" scientists is of no import, they will continue to refine and invent new technologies based on: facts.

I'm done. This was pointless.

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back