• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"Spectacles of Doom" (an ongoing multi-part sci-fi adventure comic).

Low_Roads

4th Level Black Feather
In 1978, a good friend of mine (hereafter referred to as GM) created a public access children's program for our local cable TV station. Called Commander Duck and the Quacketeers, it grew from a 15 minute time slot, live broadcasts and an interview format to 30 minute serialized, videotaped adventures in its 10 year run. GM created the scenario, as well as most of the characters. I performed in the show, and wrote and directed episodes of my own. Spectacles of Doom was to be my magnum opus, a titanic 17 part saga. It wasn't to feature live performers: the whole thing was conceived as a graphic presentation, sort of a videotaped comic book. I worked on this project for years throughout the '80s; once completed, it was never filmed. GM's health (he was a life-long type-1 diabetic) had grown very fragile and he was unable withstand the rigors of production. Spectacles of Doom has languished for 20 years without an outlet.

I hope to change that now. The individual panels have been arranged into pages and I plan to offer them in graphic novel form. I'll use this one thread to present the story, adding to it until the story is finished or until someone in authority tells me that I'm squandering too much space for off-topic material. I hope at least to give you a taste of this massive undertaking that occupied so much of my time.

Episode 1, scene 1, pages 1-5:

Last edited:
Episode 1, scene 2, pages 6-7:

Last edited:
Episode 1, scene 4, pages 11-14:

Last edited:
Episode 2, scene 3, page 6:

Last edited:
yea i'm a busy bee, looking through all your threads...this is fantastic. the details are painstakingly done..and the plot is ingenius..so tell me...when is the next installment? do the prisoners break free? what happens to poor Wilbur? and about that secret parchment..dang i'm hooked lol..

isabeau said:
yea i'm a busy bee, looking through all your threads...this is fantastic. the details are painstakingly done..and the plot is ingenius..so tell me...when is the next installment? do the prisoners break free? what happens to poor Wilbur? and about that secret parchment..dang i'm hooked lol..
Delightful! So pleased you wrote in! I'd let this thread lapse because of slender numbers, but I'll gladly start it up again! All the work is done... I can offer a fresh scene every couple of days!

Episode 3, scene 1, pages 1-5:

Now that is what i call premium service..thanks Low Road..i would like to read all you have on this series, but only if it's not too much of a problem for you..

isabeau said:
Now that is what i call premium service..thanks Low Road..i would like to read all you have on this series, but only if it's not too much of a problem for you..
Not a problem in the slightest! The cartoon pages are neatly regimented, easily accessible, a snap to load! I'm just pleased that someone at the TMF made the inquiry... response at the TTC was positive, lively and most gratifying; it's proving quite nice to have the same sort of interest here too!

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back