• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"Spectacles of Doom" (an ongoing multi-part sci-fi adventure comic).

wow fascinating..thank you for continuing to post this series..what a treat to find when i returned from my trip...so they are all headed for the same place? this proves to be intriguing...

Welcome back, Melanie! Hope you enjoyed your vacation! Thanks once again for showing interest! To address your question, all parties are actually heading in totally different directions, except for the Commander and Caligula Jones; the Commander is hoping to head Jones off to his Stormhaven refueling point, or failing that to his ultimate goal of Phantmos (with only one guy to back him up! Well, I never said it was a good plan! XD) Lucius, Felicity and Troppo are hunting down the other serious escaped baddy, Two-Gun Thurg; while Quincy, Lithia and Red seek out the remote base of Prince Palomar, where they'll try to obtain coordinates for the otherwise mysterious Phantamos. I was eager to have the various groups split up, both to provide visual variety and to fight narrative fatigue by cross-cutting between individual stories. The down side, of course, is that the plot becomes awfully tangled; numerous recaps help, but more so for a viewing audience than a reading one... as a telecast series, an entire episode would have been available all at once, and without the fatiguing trial of loading individual pages. I fear this complexity will become all the more daunting as the tale develops.

Another scene tomorrow (just to add to the confusion!)

damn this is getting complicated...awesome work..you take such time with the details of each drawing, plus create a story line to go with it...i am intrigued..thanks for keeping your word and posting this series bit by bit..i'll email you later ...

Thank you, Melanie! I know... this story's barely begun, and already it's dauntingly tangled (by design, I admit. I favor complex plotting, where the reader can lose one's self)! Hopefully, Spectacles will resolve itself into easier-to-follow threads once the characters become better established and more recognizable. That isn't a problem that would have confronted fans of the show back in the '70s... they'd have known the main players already (heros and villains alike), thanks to weekly repetition. Though, no other episodes ever managed to be this dense!

this was an amazing story..i'm so surprised more weren't interested in this series on the forum..thank you for continuing to send it to me via email...i loved it and am now having withdrawals lol from not only this series which was spectacularly done..but the Low Road's series as well..i realize it takes much time to create the artwork and dialogue and you do both fantastically well..i am your number one fan ..yes i am damn it lol..so i'm bumping this up even though it's not finished here..Low Roads was kind enough to send me the rest in sections via email...thanks friend xoxo

this was an amazing story..i'm so surprised more weren't interested in this series on the forum..
Hi Izzy! So true... this story never took off here, the way it did at the TTC. You've certainly made up for that, though! So much wonderful commentary!

thank you for continuing to send it to me via email...
It was my pleasure! It's not often I meet someone as enthusiastic and complimentary as you've been!

i loved it and am now having withdrawals lol from not only this series which was spectacularly done..but the Low Road's series as well..i realize it takes much time to create the artwork and dialogue and you do both fantastically well..
Very kind of you to say so! Darn it... I know these story installments take forever to turn out, which makes it all the more gratifying when you (and all the other nice folks here and at the TTC) remember the continuity and are so lavish with appreciation! I deeply enjoy creating plots and graphics... I'd probably do so even if no one else was around to share them... but the joy of making my imaginings communal is truly transcendent! You've become an integral part of the process... the feature that makes it most worthwhile!

i am your number one fan ..yes i am damn it lol..so i'm bumping this up even though it's not finished here..Low Roads was kind enough to send me the rest in sections via email...thanks friend xoxo
Izzy, it'll be my pleasure to send you anything I write or draw as long as you're pleased to receive it! You may be a fan, but you really have become a friend too, a relationship which is so much more vital and lasting! Expect us to be having identical conversations for decades to come!

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back