• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Stanley Cup picks?

natural tickler said:
Seems like someone is drinking too much Brodeur Kool-aid

it will be Detroit vs. Ottawa in the finals

that's the bottom line, cuz NT said so!!
I don't think Ottawa will make it. They look weak in goal IMO. The Rangers however look good. I think JJ and King Lundy will lead us to a cup :xpulcy:

metsfan123 said:
I don't think Ottawa will make it. They look weak in goal IMO. The Rangers however look good. I think JJ and King Lundy will lead us to a cup :xpulcy:
KING LUNDY??? How many playoff games has the King played compared to Brodeur? The only goalie with any kind of playoff experience that is a starter right now is Hasek. Hasek has played 97 playoff games. Brodeur has played in 144. Again, I am NOT saying the Devils will win. I am saying lets be real. King has NEVER played a playoff game. Now because he had a season for you guys that you have been longing for since 1997 now you are Cup winners? You wouldn't be comparing him to Patrick Roy now, would you? I want to see the King and Brodeur in the first round. Then the Ranger fans will see it is time to go to school. :whip:

gargoyleofdusk said:
SI jinxed my Flames.....so, Dallas/Ottawa in the Finals.

I agree with gargoyle of dusk for the finals.Dallas wins the title in 6 games

FlockOfSeagulls said:
I agree with gargoyle of dusk for the finals.Dallas wins the title in 6 games
I remember that Dallas team. Last time, we saw them in the Stanley Cup the Devils were beating them in 6. Jason Arnott will always have a special place in Stars fans hearts I am sure. :rolleyes:

ticklingfeet4fu said:
I remember that Dallas team. Last time, we saw them in the Stanley Cup the Devils were beating them in 6. Jason Arnott will always have a special place in Stars fans hearts I am sure. :rolleyes:

Brodeur was awesome in that series.He maybe the best ever...

If the Rangers or Devils win ill watch hockey next year...especially the Rangers. :upsidedow

FlockOfSeagulls said:
Brodeur was awesome in that series.He maybe the best ever...
Finally the voice of reason. Not the voice of a Ranger fan who has seen one cup since 1940 or NT who hasn't a clue what a hockey puck is. Brodeur MIGHT be the best. I know one thing King Lundy is now hurt and Ranger fans are booing Weekes. This is not a good sign. Like I said before, time to go to school.

trent said:
Rangers AND Devils? What????!!!

GO RANGERS!!! :smilelove

Well I was a big Rangers fan before the strike but now it seems that the NHL has started over in a way. It has a fresh feel to it and a new team might (I say might now!) be a lot of fun. I like switching teams its fun! I feel bad for guys who stick with losers for scores of years. If you cant put a competitive team on the field, court or ice than take a hike. If youre rebuilding than you better be progressing and not wasting my time. The NY Giants are rebuilding AND are competitive. They are my model team. I love Tom Coughlin but I love his daughter more (Playboy Playmate Carmelle DeCasare)!! Keep her away from Shockey!! :wowzer:

Let's Go Rangers! 7 Seasons without the playoffs and now they are back in the playoffs.

I'm not counting the Leafs out just yet... but its just about that time, LOL :sowrong:

Montreal, much to my disgust, is riding quite a high right now... hot goal tender, history behind them... they might be as good a darkhorse pick as as anyone :disgust:

ticklingfeet4fu said:
Finally the voice of reason. Not the voice of a Ranger fan who has seen one cup since 1940 or NT who hasn't a clue what a hockey puck is. Brodeur MIGHT be the best. I know one thing King Lundy is now hurt and Ranger fans are booing Weekes. This is not a good sign. Like I said before, time to go to school.

i have read through this thread and i`m wondering what exactly you are talking about.i don`t think anyone is is doubting Broduer...i`d take him in a heartbeat.

we have clinched and are about to lock up the Atlantic.i`d love to see a NYR/NJD first round match-up...although you guys may jump over Philly.

btw.....to bad.....you seem to be one of the few people passionate about Devils hockey.

The way the Rangers are playing right now who can beat them. Weekes has been great in goal and JJ is hot. We may not win the cup but this was a great season I could not ask for more as a Big Rangers fan :D

metsfan123 said:
The way the Rangers are playing right now who can beat them. Weekes has been great in goal and JJ is hot. We may not win the cup but this was a great season I could not ask for more as a Big Rangers fan :D
This has been a SUPER season for you guys. Myself as a Devils fan will never minimize that. You guys had a fantastic year. I am happy for the Ranger fans. Only because my youngest brother is one ( how he slipped through the cracks I don't know!!! ). But I digress. The Rangers do not have the EXPERIENCE to beat a team like the Devils. Don't let the fact that you are 3-3-1 against New Jersey fool you. Fact is, Brodeur will come up big in big games. Ask Anaheim how many times they were shutout in the Finals against the Devils in 2003. They will tell you 3 times. Brodeur set a record for most shutout in a playoff run with 7. Keep in mind you can't beat a team if you don't score.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
This has been a SUPER season for you guys. Myself as a Devils fan will never minimize that. You guys had a fantastic year. I am happy for the Ranger fans. Only because my youngest brother is one ( how he slipped through the cracks I don't know!!! ). But I digress. The Rangers do not have the EXPERIENCE to beat a team like the Devils. Don't let the fact that you are 3-3-1 against New Jersey fool you. Fact is, Brodeur will come up big in big games. Ask Anaheim how many times they were shutout in the Finals against the Devils in 2003. They will tell you 3 times. Brodeur set a record for most shutout in a playoff run with 7. Keep in mind you can't beat a team if you don't score.
As great as your team is and I have a lot of respect for the Devils and the fans I don't think you guys will go far this year. You guys may have the Experience on your side but the Rangers are a young and hungry team that wants to win. It should be good one way or another but best of luck to the Devils.

Don't forget about Ottawa, Carolina and Buffalo.... there's a few young and hungry teams for ya as well, lol. Should be a very interesting playoff season for sure!

hmm... leafs have 5 games remaining, 7 points back of TB with a game in hand... playing best hockey of the season of late... anyone believe in miracles? :idunno:

leafstk said:
hmm... leafs have 5 games remaining, 7 points back of TB with a game in hand... playing best hockey of the season of late... anyone believe in miracles? :idunno:

sorry....fresh out of miracles....the rangers clinching set me back a few ;)

anything is possible.....there is still alot of hockey left

metsfan123 said:
As great as your team is and I have a lot of respect for the Devils and the fans I don't think you guys will go far this year. You guys may have the Experience on your side but the Rangers are a young and hungry team that wants to win. It should be good one way or another but best of luck to the Devils.
It is obvious that there isn't that much respect if you don't think that experience can win. I guess holding Jagr to just 2 assists in the last four games isn't convincing enough. That is okay though. Remember when we play the playoffs, we don't have a skills competition games in overtime. There will be NO shootouts. The Devils should be okay. The Rangers and their fans should be happy that you got this far. Hopefully get a series win against the Flyers. If you play the Devils you are ,in fact, going to be one and done. And even that is okay because the light are usually out right after the hockey season is over. Now at least the Garden can root the Rangers and hopefully get 6 to 10 games. If you are that good and avoid a first round match-up versus the Devils.

Let's get one thing clear pinhead: Just because I do not watch hockey as much as everyone else, or that I am not as passionate, doesn't mean I don't know anything about it. Besides, you are on your knees sucking Brodeur's balls so much it's pathetic. Come up for some air, it might help you :p

Now, it will still be Detroit/ Ottawa in the finals

and now back to regular programming

You never cease to amaze me, NT :D

I'll go with your pick.... UNLESS Toronto make the final playoff spot... you know what that means for Ottawa :D :cool2:

I wil make an amendment to my pick, given the history of Ottawa choking in the first round after racking up so many points during the regular season, I will now say the participants in the Finals will be

Detroit/Carolina

and now back to regular programming

NY Rangers with the NHL MVP Jamoir Jagr vs. the Colorado Avalance who are always dangerous. :shock:

I'm picking Calgary to get what was taken from them in the last Stanley Cup Final... the Cup!!

First Round Predictions:

EAST

Tampa def Ottawa in seven - Experience and goaltending will decide this series...both teams slump into the playoffs (no Hasek means bye bye Sens)

Montreal def Carolina in six - Goaltending... Huet and that ol' Montreal spirit I hate so much will be the prevailing factor

NJ def NYR in 6 - once again, world class experience and goaltending

Buf def Philly in 7 - Lindy Ruff's working his magic once again... Miller/Biron (much hinges on how or if Forsberg is able to perform)

WEST

Detroit def Edmonton in five - No contest

Dallas def Colorado in 4 - Clean sweep baby... Turco

Calgary def Anaheim in 6 - Coaching and goaltending will be the difference.

SJ def Nashville in 6 - No Vocoun = disaster for Nashville.

Warheart said:
NY Rangers with the NHL MVP Jamoir Jagr vs. the Colorado Avalance who are always dangerous. :shock:
The Rangers??? They can't even get out of their own way. Devils in 5.

What's New

5/17/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip location!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back