• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Supposedly.. It Wil Take Until 2085 For Women To Equal Men In Leadership/Equality..

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
This thread is NOT an editorial by Mitch. I just read an article stating that supposedly, it will take until the year 2085 for women to equal men in leadership roles of government, and the private sector.

I have to wonder if their assertion would be the same, if the United States happens to elect it's first woman president in 2016. (Ahem, Ahem, Hillary Clinton).

Thoughts on this?

Considering everything else that is happening to the planet, it may be a little "iffy" to presume about anything that's 72 years in the future. Environmentally- and ecologically-speaking, I think we're already past the tipping point. The super-bugs are just getting warmed up. Politically and economically, mankind is just nuts. 2085? Getting to 2050 will be a stretch.

This would be in addition to leading men around by their dicks for, say, the last 200,000 years?

Someone should tell Hollywood and TV advertisers then. According to them , woman surpassed men in absolutely everything circa 1985 .

Women as a whole won't be equal to men in leadership equality till their bodies are no longer responsible for the birth of children and the defacto care taker afterward. Men are nolonger pressured to be successful enough to financially support a family and women stop placing priority status on how much a man makes/his job. Men stop financially supporting women. These things will close the leadership gap IMHO.

Someone should tell Hollywood and TV advertisers then. According to them , woman surpassed men in absolutely everything circa 1985 .

Those were my ad agency days, Stroker,..... and we were indeed operating on the assumption that women controlled the majority of consumer-spent dollars, either directly or indirectly.

Those were my ad agency days, Stroker,..... and we were indeed operating on the assumption that women controlled the majority of consumer-spent dollars, either directly or indirectly.

Which has been true ever since crap was for put up for sale; and just as true today. Marketing to men is a teeny niche market by comparison.

If women make up the majorty of the country/planets population why won't they vote in more women.

If women make up the majorty of the country/planets population why won't they vote in more women.

I don't think it's an issue of women being voteable, it's a matter of how many women want to be voted vs the number of men.

lol how did they come to the conclusion that 2085 would be the year?

lol how did they come to the conclusion that 2085 would be the year?
Probably a date the authors figured they would be long dead by and wouldn't have to be held accountable for their claims.

Probably a date the authors figured they would be long dead by and wouldn't have to be held accountable for their claims.

I wish the end of the world prophets would have this kind of mindset.

I will also one up those authors. This event will occur on St. Patrick's Day of that year during happy hour.

I wish the end of the world prophets would have this kind of mindset.

I will also one up those authors. This event will occur on St. Patrick's Day of that year during happy hour.

I'll drink to that... cheers, JM!

This thread is NOT an editorial by Mitch. I just read an article stating that supposedly, it will take until the year 2085 for women to equal men in leadership roles of government, and the private sector.

I have to wonder if their assertion would be the same, if the United States happens to elect it's first woman president in 2016. (Ahem, Ahem, Hillary Clinton).

Thoughts on this?

Please provide a link to this article, so we can determine it's credibility/source.

Is this a world-view, or just the USA?

There's just not really enough reliable information provided to form an intelligent opinion.

I'd say there are too many variables to accurately make such a prediction. Go the other direction - 60+ years in the past - and how accurate were the predictions for today?
The cited study is applying trends from a benchmarking study in 2009 and apparently extrapolating those trends to 2085. Too many variables an unknowns to accurately say these trends will hold.

Here are some notable prediction flubs by learned people:

«Everything that can be invented has been invented.»
Charles H. Duell, an official at the US patent office, 1899.

«I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone.»
Charles Darwin, in the foreword to his book, The Origin of Species, 1869.

«Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau.»
Irving Fisher, economics professor at Yale University, 1929.

«If anything remains more or less unchanged, it will be the role of women.»
David Riesman, conservative American social scientist, 1967.

«It will be gone by June.»
Variety, passing judgement on rock 'n roll in 1955.

«Democracy will be dead by 1950.»
John Langdon-Davies, A Short History of The Future, 1936.

«A short-lived satirical pulp.»
TIME, writing off Mad magazine in 1956.

«And for the tourist who really wants to get away from it all, safaris in Vietnam»
Newsweek, predicting popular holidays for the late 1960s.

«Four or five frigates will do the business without any military force.» -– British prime minister Lord North, on dealing with the rebellious American colonies, 1774.

«In all likelihood world inflation is over.»
International Monetary Fund Ceo, 1959.

«This antitrust thing will blow over.»
Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft.

«Remote shopping, while entirely feasible, will flop - because women like to get out of the house, like to handle merchandise, like to be able to change their minds.»
TIME, 1966, in one sentence writing off e-commerce long before anyone had ever heard of it.

«They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-»
Last words of Gen. John Sedgwick, spoken as he looked out over the parapet at enemy lines during the Battle of Spotsylvania in 1864.

«Our country has deliberately undertaken a great social and economic experiment, noble in motive and far reaching in purpose." -– Herbert Hoover, on Prohibition, 1928.

«It will be years - not in my time - before a woman will become Prime Minister.»
Margaret Thatcher, future Prime Minister, October 26th, 1969.

«Read my lips: NO NEW TAXES.»
George Bush, 1988.

«You will be home before the leaves have fallen from the trees.» -– Kaiser Wilhelm, to the German troops, August 1914.

«This is the second time in our history that there has come back from Germany to Downing Street peace with honor. I believe it is peace for our time.» -– Neville Chamberlain, British Prime Minister, September 30th, 1938.

«That virus is a pussycat.» -– Dr. Peter Duesberg, molecular-biology professor at U.C. Berkeley, on HIV, 1988.

«The case is a loser.» -– Johnnie Cochran, on soon-to-be client O.J.'s chances of winning, 1994.

«Reagan doesn't have that presidential look.» -– United Artists Executive, rejecting Reagan as lead in 1964 film The Best Man.

«Capitalist production begets, with the inexorability of a law of nature, its own negation.»
Karl Marx.

«Sensible and responsible women do not want to vote.»
Grover Cleveland, U.S. President, 1905.

«Man will not fly for 50 years.»
Wilbur Wright, American aviation pioneer, to brother Orville, after a disappointing flying experiment, 1901 (their first successful flight was in 1903).

«I am tired of all this sort of thing called science here... We have spent millions in that sort of thing for the last few years, and it is time it should be stopped.»
Simon Cameron, U.S. Senator, on the Smithsonian Institute, 1901.

«The Americans are good about making fancy cars and refrigerators, but that doesn't mean they are any good at making aircraft. They are bluffing. They are excellent at bluffing.»
Hermann Goering, Commander-in-Chief of the Luftwaffe, 1942.

«With over fifteen types of foreign cars already on sale here, the Japanese auto industry isn't likely to carve out a big share of the market for itself.»
Business Week, August 2, 1968.

«The multitude of books is a great evil. There is no limit to this fever for writing; every one must be an author; some out of vanity, to acquire celebrity and raise up a name, others for the sake of mere gain.»
Martin Luther, German Reformation leader, Table Talk, 1530s(?).

«Ours has been the first [expedition], and doubtless to be the last, to visit this profitless locality.»
Lt. Joseph Ives, after visiting the Grand Canyon in 1861.

I can't even begin to start thinking about unnecessary subjects such as equality of gender in politics. At this point in time, I am more interested to hear about the worldwide eradication of the practice of female infibulation in some parts of the earth.

On a personal level, I like men who can really LEAD very well. F@ck statistics.

Last edited:
I can't even begin to start thinking about unnecessary subjects such as equality of gender in politics. At this point in time, I am more interested to hear about the worldwide eradication of the practice of female infibulation in some parts of the earth.

On a personal level, I like men who can really LEAD very well. F@ck statistics.

Couldn't agree more with Bohemianne.

To even suggest a "projected statistic" amounts to nothing more than a Psychic's prediction using a crystal ball.

No. Credibility. Whatsoever.

ray, thank you for the link.

coldneck's posts arent surprising. His usual nastiness in almost every thread I make, even when the thread is not about anything to do with me personally, and is just a general topic. Truly pathetic.

I'd say there are too many variables to accurately make such a prediction.

I couldn't agree more.

If the OP bothered to read the replies, he would see this is the point I was agreeing with.

ray, thank you for the link.

Mitch, this is a valid question that provides insight into your experience: Why is it that you cannot provide a link to support your own post?

Seriously?!? I want to know.

Do you really have to rely on others to post an fucking *link* for you ?!?

Please tell me I'm way off base and totally wrong!

Otherwise, I can see why you're completely unemployable.

Thanks.

cold, I've posted before how I'm not good at posting links.

"Completely unemployable". One fucking potshot after the next, and this is allowed.

What is most pathetic is that someone hasnt intervened to tell you to stop your potshots.

I may be "unemployable", as you say, but your behavior is subhuman. You want me to stop referring to you as a "sewer rat", then stop acting like one, by throwing mud at me in everything I post.

I just saw your latest post in the even keel thread. You know absolutely fucking nothing. FYI, I have made major progress that I'm not going to post about, to give you any more fuel.

You serve one purpose on this forum only, to be my personal harasser.

Its just too bad that no one enforces the "supposed rules" on this forum when it comes to you. Something severe should be done about you, such as to tell you to stop posting in every thread or post I make, with your personal potshots, or you're gone. Unfortunately, I dont see this happening.

Last edited:
Brighteyes, whatever, okay. I'm sorry I essentially apologized for the other thread.

I'd rather be the bay leaf than do what coldneck does.,

My failure not to post a link to a thread is far less damaging and anti social than what coldneck does in every thread of mine.

Women as a whole won't be equal to men in leadership equality till their bodies are no longer responsible for the birth of children and the defacto care taker afterward. Men are nolonger pressured to be successful enough to financially support a family and women stop placing priority status on how much a man makes/his job. Men stop financially supporting women. These things will close the leadership gap IMHO.

See I totally disagree with this. There are plenty of women out there that have been able to balance both or okay with not having kids. Putting women in a lesser group because they will always be able to do something no man can accomplish naturally (who the hell knows what they will come up with in the future) is a huge disservice. And frankly at this point why is it assumed the responsibility for the child rearing still rest mainly on the woman? If you want to take the time to make a baby then take the time to have some responsibility for the child.

As for men being pressured to support the family umm are you saying women aren't too? This isn't a culture where most families can survive on one income any more, especially if you have kids. When I'm in a relationship I don't give a shit how much a guy makes as long as he can take care of himself. I can pay my bills on my own and he damn well better be able to as well. It's doing me well too. I'm still moving up the ladder because that's what I choose to do. This box you are describing here seems to be very antiquated for 2013.

The thing that is holding women back is have little this country supports it's female population. The US is one of the few developed nations that doesn't guarantee maternity leave, we have to battle for equal pay, we are told that we can't make choices for our own bodies (that's like saying you aren't smart enough to know about your own body that you live in but us men know everything even though we'll never have to deal with a single one of these issues.), and I could go on and on.

This post is making it sound like the only way a woman can make it is if she goes around pretending to be a man. Screw that. I'll be rocking the fucking awesome skirt suit in my corner office one day by being one bad ass female.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back