• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Batman Dead as 70

no the issue is out he is dead. Neil Gaiman is doing the battle for the cowl and everything that is being said is that bruce wayne is dead. Batman as a character and hero is not going away. They just killed bruce wayne.

Nah. This'll be like the three times or so that they're killed Superman. That's why DC does stuff like Infinite Crisis. So they can break the rules, do whatever they want and hit the all-purpose reset button so nothing changes.

Snail Shell

Bruce isn't dead.

Superman was dead too, remember? So was Wonder Woman. Green Lantern. Green Arrow. The second Robin.

They each got better even thou DC insisted that they were gone forever!

...and Barry Allen, but he's back too, now, I've heard.

Yep, he's dead. Big comic event, suck fans dry of money, big funeral, several revelations, battle for the cowl, set a new status quo maybe for a few years, fan outrage wharrgarble and then have some nut make his corpse drink Lazarus Pit juice out of the Holy Grail while under a full moon or something and he'll be back.

Relax. He'll be back. May be quite a while, but he'll be back.

Batman sales must be lagging That is why they "killed" Superman back around 1992 or 1993

Batman sales must be lagging That is why they "killed" Superman back around 1992 or 1993

Eh. EIC Dan Didio's a little kill-happy, is all. And he let a bad writer mess with my favorite character a while back... ...she hasn't been the same since. I'll be glad when he's moved on.

Eh. EIC Dan Didio's a little kill-happy, is all. And he let a bad writer mess with my favorite character a while back... ...she hasn't been the same since. I'll be glad when he's moved on.

I will admit I don't keep up with comic books like I used to It has been over a year since I went to a comic book shop Money has been tight

Comic book characters live forever. Nobody important ever dies. :gbtoast:

Personally, I would LIKE to see character mortality. A flow where there's actual history for the new heroes. A perception that they know they'll die. Invulnerability lost my interest a long time ago...

'Sides, I liked that Batman wasn't magically super-powered. That he was just a compulsively fit, obsessively protective, brilliant detective type. In simple terms, he's crazy, and saves folks on his own dime. A bit of suspension of disbelief, and you can roll wit' several of the story arcs.

Mind ya, I just don't think any character as mad obsessive as Bruce Wayne is gonna pass at 70. It will be sad. Stopped readin' them stories long ago, though...

Personally, I would LIKE to see character mortality. A flow where there's actual history for the new heroes. A perception that they know they'll die. Invulnerability lost my interest a long time ago...

'Sides, I liked that Batman wasn't magically super-powered. That he was just a compulsively fit, obsessively protective, brilliant detective type. In simple terms, he's crazy, and saves folks on his own dime. A bit of suspension of disbelief, and you can roll wit' several of the story arcs.

Mind ya, I just don't think any character as mad obsessive as Bruce Wayne is gonna pass at 70. It will be sad. Stopped readin' them stories long ago, though...

I agree with you that character mortality is far more interesting than invulnerability. I would be more inclined to believe this if DC hadn't already done it with all the other characters I named previously. They don't have a good track record of killing off a hero and keeping him dead, except for Barry Allen/Flash...and I hear even he is back now!

Nobody ever stays dead in comic books. Hell, not even Bucky, and he used to be one of the untouchables. Bruce Wayne will return. No doubt in my mind.

Hell, if Tony Almeda can come back from the dead, it'll be a walk in the park for Bruce Wayne.

Nobody ever stays dead in comic books. Hell, not even Bucky, and he used to be one of the untouchables.

Uncle Ben ... & Gwen Stacy.

... though , there was that clone of Gwen floatin' around the Marvel Universe somewheres. :idunno:

The Black Lanterns will all be dead characters. Who fits that bill right now?

Uncle Ben ... & Gwen Stacy.

... though , there was that clone of Gwen floatin' around the Marvel Universe somewheres. :idunno:

Yeah, I remember from teenage years spent reading Spider-Man. The original Green Goblin used to be one of those "definitely dead" characters as well. But even he returned in 1996... after being killed off way back in 1973. That's comic books for ya. :D

Yeah, I remember from teenage years spent reading Spider-Man. The original Green Goblin used to be one of those "definitely dead" characters as well. But even he returned in 1996... after being killed off way back in 1973. That's comic books for ya. :D

Ain't that the truth? :D

Well, of course. Comicbooks are to guys what soap operas are to women. Ask a fan of "The Young and The Restless" how many times Victor's come back from the dead/gotten married.

There is no death in comics, except for horrible characters. Only time off and character change/development for the good ones.

Who are the black lanterns?
The Black Lanterns haven't debuted just yet, but they will sometime soon. Each color of the spectrum is building a corp of its own. Green=Willpower, Yellow=Fear, Red=Rage, Blue=Hope, Orange=Greed, Violet=Love, Indigo=Compassion, and Black=something to do with death. The Black Lantern Corp will be the focal point of the upcoming storyline "The Blackest Night". The Superman od Earth-2 and the Martian Manhunter are confirmed as being Black Lanterns. It is also speculated that Aquaman will join, since he is dead too.
Batman as a Black Lantern? A very real possibility.

Norman Osborn was brought back to life only because Marvel painted itself into a corner with the whole Clone Saga crapfest. Then EIC Bob Harris dropped the ball BIG TIME and it was decided that only a big name villain could dig them out of the hole they were in (storyline wise).

Dr. Doom, Magneto and the Red Skull were all otherwise preoccupied and it was determind that it wouldn't make any sense for any of them to be behind everything anyway. Doctor Octopus was killed off during the Clone Saga, so it couldn't be him. Mephisto was brought up as the baddie behind everything, but it was dismissed because it was felt readers wouldn't buy into a cosmic level magic weilder having anything to do with Spidey! (oh, how ironic!)

Bringing Norman Osborn back from the alleged dead was decided to be the "best" course of action. Yikes!

The Black Lanterns haven't debuted just yet, but they will sometime soon. Each color of the spectrum is building a corp of its own. Green=Willpower, Yellow=Fear, Red=Rage, Blue=Hope, Orange=Greed, Violet=Love, Indigo=Compassion, and Black=something to do with death. The Black Lantern Corp will be the focal point of the upcoming storyline "The Blackest Night". The Superman od Earth-2 and the Martian Manhunter are confirmed as being Black Lanterns. It is also speculated that Aquaman will join, since he is dead too.
Batman as a Black Lantern? A very real possibility.

Norman Osborn was brought back to life only because Marvel painted itself into a corner with the whole Clone Saga crapfest. Then EIC Bob Harris dropped the ball BIG TIME and it was decided that only a big name villain could dig them out of the hole they were in (storyline wise).

Dr. Doom, Magneto and the Red Skull were all otherwise preoccupied and it was determind that it wouldn't make any sense for any of them to be behind everything anyway. Doctor Octopus was killed off during the Clone Saga, so it couldn't be him. Mephisto was brought up as the baddie behind everything, but it was dismissed because it was felt readers wouldn't buy into a cosmic level magic weilder having anything to do with Spidey! (oh, how ironic!)

Bringing Norman Osborn back from the alleged dead was decided to be the "best" course of action. Yikes!

Thanks dude I will have to look out for that story

OK, as a Batman fanboy, there is something about this that really ticks me off. Not the death in itself as every other Superhero's died (Apart from Spider-Man who wound up worse) but the fact that Batman fired a gun and killed someone. This is such a core part of his mythology that he never takes a life,not even Darkseid or the Joker or any other villain he's faced since the original comics. I know this seems like a minor gripe but it's a part of who Batman is, he does not fire guns. Damnit Grant Morrison. Just... just... damnit.

Yep. I read Glenn Greenberg's account on all the behind the scenes stuff that went on with this. The writers had pretty much settled on bringing back Harry Osborn as the mastermind, which would have been far easier. Harras thought it would be out of character for Harry to have been so cold and calculating, so he insisted it be Norman instead. Now they're both back. Such are the many lives of comic book characters.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back