• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Batman Dead as 70

OK, as a Batman fanboy, there is something about this that really ticks me off. Not the death in itself as every other Superhero's died (Apart from Spider-Man who wound up worse) but the fact that Batman fired a gun and killed someone. This is such a core part of his mythology that he never takes a life,not even Darkseid or the Joker or any other villain he's faced since the original comics. I know this seems like a minor gripe but it's a part of who Batman is, he does not fire guns. Damnit Grant Morrison. Just... just... damnit.

Is that really true? Did Batman really fire a gun & end up killing someone? If that's true , then that is really wack. Part of what separates heroes like Batman , Superman , & Spidey from the likes of the Punisher & Wolverine is that they don't intentionally take a life ... EVER. They stand for something different ... a higher set of ideals & a superior code of ethics.

You're right , DEV ... not killing is part of who Batman is , & for a writer to blatantly disregard that is a slap in the face to the integrity of the character.

I'm assuming this "event" took place at or near the conclusion of DC's latest limited series ... Final Crisis. I don't really read DC comics , so I don't know the circumstances leading up to Batman killing whoever he ended up killing , but fans of Batman have got a right to be upset over Bats finally breaking his "one rule".

How about Mr. Spock, did they ever find him alive?

lol :p

Is that really true? Did Batman really fire a gun & end up killing someone? If that's true , then that is really wack. Part of what separates heroes like Batman , Superman , & Spidey from the likes of the Punisher & Wolverine is that they don't intentionally take a life ... EVER. They stand for something different ... a higher set of ideals & a superior code of ethics.

You're right , DEV ... not killing is part of who Batman is , & for a writer to blatantly disregard that is a slap in the face to the integrity of the character.

I'm assuming this "event" took place at or near the conclusion of DC's latest limited series ... Final Crisis. I don't really read DC comics , so I don't know the circumstances leading up to Batman killing whoever he ended up killing , but fans of Batman have got a right to be upset over Bats finally breaking his "one rule".

lol :p

Yep, Batman shot and "killed" Darkseid. No need to worry, the big D will be back too.

Yep, Batman shot and "killed" Darkseid. No need to worry, the big D will be back too.

He killed Darkseid with a gun? What kind of bullets did he use? Couldn't Darkseid take a punch from Superman and shrug it off? I can't believe a bullet would kill Darkseid

Batman shoots Darkseid with a gun loaded with a 'God bullet', says 'Gotcha' and is then hit by Darkseid's Omega Beam, killing him. After reading the book, it's pretty unceremonious.

An interview with writer Grant Morrison states that while the Batman Mantle will continue with a new Batman, it will not be Bruce Wayne and that Wayne is dead for good. He stated something about Batman breaking his one rule as a method of showing that he was human and fallible. Meh.

As for the legitimacy of Batman and Darkseid's respective deaths, consider this. Jason Todd was killed out of unpopularity by the fans. He was beaten to a pulp by the Joker with a crowbar and then blown up in a warehouse bombing. When Batman got to him, his body was already cold to the touch when Batman got there.

Jason Todd came back. :p

Snail Shell

Batman shoots Darkseid with a gun loaded with a 'God bullet', says 'Gotcha' and is then hit by Darkseid's Omega Beam, killing him. After reading the book, it's pretty unceremonious.

An interview with writer Grant Morrison states that while the Batman Mantle will continue with a new Batman, it will not be Bruce Wayne and that Wayne is dead for good. He stated something about Batman breaking his one rule as a method of showing that he was human and fallible. Meh.

As for the legitimacy of Batman and Darkseid's respective deaths, consider this. Jason Todd was killed out of unpopularity by the fans. He was beaten to a pulp by the Joker with a crowbar and then blown up in a warehouse bombing. When Batman got to him, his body was already cold to the touch when Batman got there.

Jason Todd came back. :p

Snail Shell

Thanks friend :D

Why kill Batman off in a limited series? He should go out in the blaze of glory in one of his own titles (Detective Comics or Batman). Also, has anyone heard about Batmans "death" in the media at all? I haven't heard a peep.

When Captain America was killed off (he'll be back too...eventually), I saw it on the news and read it in papers. Seems odd to me that DC didn't try to capitalize on the supposed death of Batman.

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back