• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Why are people so incredibly entitled these days?

I'm not going to make a lot of broad generalizations but I'll try to tell it how I see it.

My generation, Y, is the "one chance" generation. You live once, yolo, you have one career, you have one record that's always used for/against you with employers. I screwed up in college and followed my major passion, music. Five years later, I've went to college again to try to become an IT. I take all the classes, straight A's (almost fuckin A's! Lol), I try to take the next step. A+ certification (compTIA, mind you). The test is already looking for the experienced tech. The prior classes I took, the study book I purchased and read thoroughly? Means nill. Obsolete within months. You try to get a job, if you don't have that piece of paper, you're done. No training opportunities. And I'm mostly decent, but I just lack the experience to get the extra mile.

A best friend of mine majored in IT, sometimes I wonder if he knows what a computer is, judging from how his runs. But he took the maths, got a degree, etc. and his local library picked him up and showed him the rest to get him going.

My mom, on the other hand, went to college, got a business degree, had a child, worked as a grocery clerk and played weddings to get by. Ended up with my dad (veteran, enough said) through work, things were fine. There were a couple wrong turns along the way but they are both healthy and wealthy. "Raises" are regular to them. My job right now I barely got one on three years working there. They always act like I'm entitled to it. To what though? Why? Because I've been there? That's not enough for me, even if I do want more.

My brother, he's generation x. Went to college, got an IT job, had plenty of field experience, got an A+ no sweat (earlier version easier I guess). Now? Works server and business software sales. Ended up with a home, wife, etc.

Entitlement? No. I just wanna stop seeing the brick walls in front of me.

What duderino said, I can relate to.

In my 20s and 30s, I did a lot of independent work. Antiques, Amway types companies, that did not work out as I'd hoped.

Then, as most know, in 2013, I got the chance I'd been waiting for.. with Aflac. I still don't know how this happened, but its the best thing that ever happened to me. I now work in a major company, with great people. My supervisors have been extremely fair and helpful.

I never felt "Entitled". I was just guilty of not being motivated to have a minimum wage job, where I could not potentially support a wife and family, or have a girl look at me like she didn't want to be with me because of my career. Now, when I build up the client base, and I know that will take time.. I can say to a girl I meet "I'm an insurance agent/executive". The girl can then feel like the man she's with has a solid career, and can carry his share of the financial load.

Also.. for those who feel "You like to live off your dad, and enjoy that he pays your apartment". 100% completely wrong. I want to change that ASAP. Being beholdent to him is the worst possible scenario. He analyzes everything I do, worse than the people at Aflac. He called me this morning, and asked me why I had a certain sound to my voice. It's like,.. I';m thinking about the client I have to speak to today, and the big important convention I have to go to this afternoon, stop analyzing the sound of my voice, and leave me alone".

I've done a lot of work in my life that hasn't been rewarded. Hopefully, with hard work, time and patience, and a few breaks, my current career will bring me the rewards I have worked/am working so hard to achieve.,

Last edited:
What duderino said, I can relate to.

In my 20s and 30s, I did a lot of independent work. Antiques, Amway types companies, that did not work out as I'd hoped.

Then, as most know, in 2013, I got the chance I'd been waiting for.. with Aflac. I still don't know how this happened, but its the best thing that ever happened to me. I now work in a major company, with great people. My supervisors have been extremely fair and helpful.

I never felt "Entitled". I was just guilty of not being motivated to have a minimum wage job, where I could not potentially support a wife and family, or have a girl look at me like she didn't want to be with me because of my career. Now, when I build up the client base, and I know that will take time.. I can say to a girl I meet "I'm an insurance agent/executive". The girl can then feel like the man she's with has a solid career, and can carry his share of the financial load.

Also.. for those who feel "You like to live off your dad, and enjoy that he pays your apartment". 100% completely wrong. I want to change that ASAP. Being beholdent to him is the worst possible scenario. He analyzes everything I do, worse than the people at Aflac. He called me this morning, and asked me why I had a certain sound to my voice. It's like,.. I';m thinking about the client I have to speak to today, and the big important convention I have to go to this afternoon, stop analyzing the sound of my voice, and leave me alone".

I've done a lot of work in my life that hasn't been rewarded. Hopefully, with hard work, time and patience, and a few breaks, my current career will bring me the rewards I have worked/am working so hard to achieve.,

Good to see it's not only me with issues. Good luck man, I had a stint with insurance. Claim chasing is just a crazy lifestyle.

I have a cousin exactly like that which is exactly why I refuse to have anything to do with her

What's New

6/5/2024
The TMF Welcome forum has a place for you to say hello to us! Take a moemnt and say Hi.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back