• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Worst Bands Ever

HIM
Metallica (go ahead, bring it!)
CKY
Staind (I fucking loathe this band)

More to come...

I can definitely get in on this, being that my mainstream myspace page is (near) completely devoted to being a fan of music.......
http://www.myspace.com/ikilledtheshark

R.E.M.-- I'll never forgive them for the comments about the Beatles by Michael Stipe. Ever.
U2-- I don't know, I think they're just over and have been since "The Joshua Tree," which was a great one but since?
Aerosmith-- Many great songs but highly overrated and over-played, it's over-kill already! but I guess I don't hate them or U2
Rush and Yes-- used to hate everything by them both, until I got a Sirius radio and now I kind of got into a lot of it
System of a Down-- I just don't get it, sorry. I mean the psychotic yammering and screaming?
Nickelback-- originality is severly lacking here, and does every song have to be about drugs?
ICP-- 'nuff said

trying to think here.....what do i zap off the radio as soon as i hear it?
Joni Mitchell--ech!
Pearl Jam-- unless it's a cover-song, which they do well
aha! Soundgarden/Chris cornell-- not a fan
Alice In Chains--at one time, maybe, but now, forget it
guess thats all for now

I'm going to be flamed for my list, I just know it ;)

Metallica
Nirvana
Green Day
Linkin Park
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
Slipknot
Disturbed
Any country/western band.....I LOATHE the genre

ChosenofMystra said:
I'm going to be flamed for my list, I just know it ;)

Metallica
Nirvana
Green Day
Linkin Park
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
Slipknot
Disturbed
Any country/western band.....I LOATHE the genre

Not by me.....
Your list doesn't bother me in the least. None of these are in my top 10, or 20, probably 100. if i sat down and counted maybe I'd go Nirvana if I was short 1 band, simply for the number of listenable songs that I can actually tolerate.

The View
Nirvana
The Streets
50cent (& 99.9% of hiphop/rap)
Anything Techno
Panic at the disco
white stripes
NoFX
kaiser chiefs
Artic Monkies

The list goes on...

Wow there are several names in this thread that i have not heard of before. I'm seriously stuck in a time-warp and I'm okay with that. Echo that rap sucks, I was struggling to even recognize it as "music" so i left that out of my post.

Neil Diamond, hands down. He was alright for a while there but it burns out so fast. I once had to suffer through a Diamond concert, and that was perhaps 2 of the longest hours i've ever experienced.

Hannah Montana comes next. My daughter loves her but something about that girl's voice just makes me cringe... poor thing.

samamigo82 said:
Evanessence ( yeah, I know i'll be flamed for that.. sorry, I just don't like them)

i won't flame ya. not a fan. heard that one song incessantly, only one i know. not impressed. actually, can't stand it. its whiny or something.

Korn? Linkin Park. Papa Roach.

Nirvana (Single handedly ruined Metal)

System of a Down (Let's hate America - instant success!)

Green Day (Our careers are all but dead, so let's release an album about how we hate our country! INSTANT SUCCESS!)

Godsmack (they release the same album over and over...)

Staind (Biggest buncha pussies I've ever seen)

Evanescence (Everything sounds the same, the poor girl has no vocal versatility)

Flyleaf (Nice to see a trend of female leads, too bad none of them have any vocal versatility)

Disturbed (*sigh* ... Give it a rest Dave, your not intimidating... in the least.)

Metallica (POST "The Black Album" ... They have been the worst band of all time)

Bullet for my Valentine

Linkin Park

Last edited:
The worst band I ever heard (not in person, fortunately) was the 1910 Fruitgum Company which released such atrocities as "Goody, Goody, Gumdrops" and "1,2,3, Red Light." :xlime:

Raise shields............engage:

The Police..........STING!! Enough said.

Styx
Kansas
Reo Speedwagon
Foreigner
Journey
Boston................Isn't this really all the same group doing exactly the same songs?

Billy Squire
Billy Idol
Billy Joel..........Nothing against "Billys", just these three. (There are good "Billys".....Billy Zoom from X, Billy Gibbons from ZZ-Top)

Should I continue or just wait for the hate mail to pour in?

Drew

Bon Jovi. Complete rubbish.

Prince. He's a parody of himself...and man, the only thing funnier than he is would be the clods who take him seriously.

Macy Gray. Her voice sounds like the best human impression I've ever heard of a kazoo.

Barry Manilow. Sure beats sticking a finger down your throat when you need to purge. Just cue him up.

John Tesh. Ditto. At least Barry could sing moderately well.

Bjork. Most unintentionally funny shit you'll hear in a lifetime!

Alabama. Their cornball, goody-goody-two-shoes, wholesome as Kellogg's Raisin Bran songs- well, many of them, anyway- are Country's version of nails scraping on a blackboard.

Vanilla Ice. Talk about a parody of oneself!

Great choices by everybody, especially Tklduo-Drew, absolutely knob on selections!

What a great thread! I agree with everyone!

I love the story about Buddy Rich shortly before he died, as he was rushed in to the operating theatre after yet more heart trouble. The nurse asked him if he had any allergies, and he replied "yes, Country and Western".

GRRRRRR,hehe.They were from around here of course.Did you ever see them live?Robbie Steinhart was one of my heros because we were both string players. :upsidedow

Ok... All have probably already been mentioned, but... Here we go.

Nickelback
Creed
Supertramp

...I tend to focus primarily on those three...

...yeah, really thought I'd have more.

Edit: Okay, I thought of a few more.

Air Supply (I don't hear them often enough for them to have come to mind right off; it took somebody else's reference)
Steppenwolf (sp) (I love "Magic Carpet Ride" and "Born to be Wild," but don't care too much for anything else)
Jet (Can you BE any more of a half-baked carbon copy of some other, more famous group?)
Godsmack (Yes, I guess it's possible...)
Linkin Park (No talent. At all. In any way, shape, or form. Lousy lyrics, lousy singing, simplistic music...)
Papa Roach (Same comments as Linkin Park, but even moreso)

...Who did the "Cult of Personali-ty... Cult of Per-son-al-i-ty... The cult... of... per... son... aaaaaaaality" ..? They suck.

Last edited:
Evanessence (who found THEM??)
Starship, once they were no longer Jefferson
Godsmack
Fall Out Boy
Air Supply
Michael Bolton
Linkin Park
Sting (post-Police)
Chicago after about 1978

I'll think of plenty more.

Alright, let's throw in Motley Crue, Van Halen, Tool/A Perfect Circle, and Pearl Jam and we'll have all of my favorite bands covered and then some, LOL.

Goo Goo Dolls
Post-Dookie Green Day
Bush
Billy Ray Cyrus
Creed Creed Creed
Seven Mary Three

Ok, help me out....three aussie or kiwi kids, blond alternative rock kids...can't remember the name of the band or single(s). They, also sucked.

Oddly everything is from the 90's. I swear I don't like modern music too.

I hate fall out boy, hinder, system of a down, slipknot, static x.basically anything that that u cant understand the words cause they are screaming like they are pissed when most of them are pussies and wont do shit.

bugman said:
GRRRRRR,hehe.They were from around here of course.Did you ever see them live?Robbie Steinhart was one of my heros because we were both string players. :upsidedow

OK, bug...I'll meet you halfway. I saw Kansas back in 1980, they were promoting a really awful record at the time(the one with "Got To Rock On"). And really, they played liked they were bored. But I do give credit where due.....Robbie Steinhart played some awesome violin. In fact, he was the one guy who tried to get the crowd pumped for the show. The lead singer was too busy doing a striptease.

Drew

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back