• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Doctors Tickling Patients yet again

When I said 6 hours, I meant the radio series: two seasons, 6 shows each, at a half hour apiece. The TV series (and by extension, the movie) adapt only the first season's plot, running three hours total (radio and TV). I was in error there.

I only ever read the first Hitchhiker's novel, which covers the first two-thirds or so of the first season. I didn't think the story worked particularly well as literature; Adams had to pad the plot with all sorts of cumbersome connecting tissue which detracted from its spriteliness.

Any film adaptation of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is going to face problems because Adams' story doesn't have strong narrative drive. It meanders and digresses, dipping constantly into guide entries for its color. You can get away with that in a multi-part series (or in a novel, though I remember the book as being more structurally linear), since you don't have to take it in one sitting. The breaks allow you to digest, restructure and prioritize the material. A movie doesn't have that luxury. Everything must be absorbed in one go. Stick strictly to essential plot points and the story becomes dry and pedestrian, since most of Adams' whimsy is found in digressions. But once you start to digress, the narrative becomes muddled and disconnected. Any film adaptation is going to face this dilema, no matter how long the running time.

Last edited:
Apologies for the misunderstanding!
You ought to pick up the books some time. I think they're quite good. I've got it all in one volume which is handy. You may also enjoy the two volume Dirk Gentley series.

No apologies necessary. I was the one who made the mistake.

I really do need to read the novels (it's been decades since my last contact, not since the first one was initially released). My understanding is that the later books follow the story well past the point of the radio plays. Nice to know about the one volume. I'll keep an eye open for it at the local Barnes and Noble. Must put that discount card to use!

Shouldn't have any trouble finding it. I hope you enjoy them!

I'm sure I will. Thank you! I liked Last Chance to See very much, wistful as the subject matter was. I had an opportunity to meet Douglas Adams in Berkeley during a book tour. He was a rather mischievous man (I'd have been disappointed had it been otherwise), relating an amusing personal anecdote about a snack mix-up at a bus station. I'm sure the story was apocryphal... I recognized it right away as an urban legend (I'd read several of Jan Brunvand's books by then). He would later tell this same story on talk shows, and even when called on it he never admitted it was anything but genuine.

ScottTickle888 said:
Hey everyone. The reason I am bringing this topic up once again is because I have a physical on saturday with a nurse practitioner and I'm trying to think of things I could ask her to check for in my stomach, armpit, neck, and foot area that could turn into making it tickle. One idea I had is to tell her that I have some dry skin issues on the bottom of my feet and if she would scrape some off with a pummice stone. On the stomach thing i could mention i might have some lumps in there, and still working on an armpit idea. I know doctors have a serious job but in a physical they end up checking all of these things one way or another anyway and I say why not find a way to bring tickling into it. Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you. 😎
Scott, I like the way you think. For the armpit, tell her that there seems to be a lump in there as well, but you can only feel it in there sometimes. The pummice stone on the foot is a good idea, but probably won't work. She'll probably just tell you to go to a dermatologist. Then again, you could luck out on a hot dermatologist. I know a doctor will feel your balls if a hernia is suspected. You could tell her to please be careful, that you're extremely ticklish "down there." Might not get you anything, but it will definitely plant a seed.

Another way to get some tickling from professional women is to go to a legitimate massage therapist, and tell her you'd like to be tickled during the massage. If she asks why, or objects, simply explain that the tickling eases stress and tension, particularly if it is prolonged. I've done this on more than one occasion and had good results.

Best of luck, Scott!

Another

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back