• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Elections 2008

im not saying print more money, its not like we havent been doing that anywayz though... taxes wont be higher unless im super rich? so the $102 billion dollars per year for obama's health plan is coming from whose pockets again? and not to mention that that plan only covers 23million currently uninsured, Obama-type plan would also face the problem of healthy people who decide to take their chances or don’t sign up until they develop medical problems, thereby raising premiums for everyone else.

They are already doing it and McCain will certainly continue to do it because he has no rational way out of Bush's disaster. I dont agree with Obama's health plan but its infinitely better than McCain's who would tax your benifits and cut off more needy people from decent health coverage, including children and working class people. premiums have been skyrocketing for 10 years, its because the insurance companies can get away with it, hence their profits are skyrocketing also.

While both have unhealthy ties to them, McCain's is far more ominous.

Obama will raise everyone's taxes. If you raise taxes only "on the rich and fat cat rich guys" (as one person called them once), the tax raises will hit everyone. If a business has their taxes raised, they raise their prices and who pays their taxes? YOU! Simple economics, people. Too many Americans are so economically ignorant it's scary.

I was almost apathetic about this election until McCain selected Pallin. Now I am enthused.

What is there to get enthused about with Obama? The only change I will see with him is the change left in my pockets when he hikes my taxes. I'm to trust a man to run my country when he thinks there are 57 states in the US and not 50? For crying out loud, Dan Quayle said less outrageous stuff than that and was crucified in the press. Obama is promising the same 'middle class tax cut' that Clinton promised and reneged on as soon as the election was over, even before he was inaugurated. It's the same thing from the Dems over and over again trying to create class envy and anger.

I'll take McCain simply because in case something happens to him, we will have someone who has actually been in charge somewhere before taking the helm, as opposed to an out of touch Washington establishment senator with a reputation as a plagerist.

Obama will raise everyone's taxes. If you raise taxes only "on the rich and fat cat rich guys" (as one person called them once), the tax raises will hit everyone. If a business has their taxes raised, they raise their prices and who pays their taxes? YOU! Simple economics, people. Too many Americans are so economically ignorant it's scary.

About the taxes thing, I was watching a Business News Network interview of some financial expert/author on the meltdown of the banks today and the American economy. He was saying that both the Canadian and American economies are returning to a situation previously seen in the 1920's. He said that, in comparison with today's standards, (unfortunately I cannot quote this man directly for I was watching while working out at the gym so this what I remember as accurate as I can) the taxes issued in the 1920's were far higher than they are now. As time went on, especially post-Depression/World War II, he said that the American economy in particular, but many others around the world grew at a rate of about 5 - 6% a year, or so I was led to believe from the report/interview. Given this increase, governments were able to make gradual tax cuts over time while the various economies were still flourishing.

Don't get me wrong before you get the wrong idea from this: like ky and prolly close to 100% of the people here on TT, I am no fan of high taxes. I merely meant to provide some "food for thought" and perhaps another avenue of discussion for the election issues.

There is an even simpler term than simple economics and that is that there are three certainties in life: birth, death and taxes.

Not sure if anyone's touched on this point but...

If religious fundamentalists and those who sympathize with them get any amount of real power after this election, it could very well be curtains for our sex lives.

If you think I'm kidding, consider how it could be if your wife or girlfriend can't get birth control pills anymore, or your partner can't get condoms without producing proof-of-marriage, something you definitely won't be able to produce if your partner is the same sex as you. And if abortion is outlawed, most single women are going to simply stay home with their vibrators rather than risk back-alley butchery or mandatory motherhood. The dating scene will become drier than Death Valley in July.

Sex toy shops could be severely harassed or shut down; until recently states like Texas restricted the sale of sex toys. For that matter, sites like this could be shut down ("obscenity" you know), or else mined by the state for information on where to find "perverts".

Never say that it can't happen here. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get us.

I have a feeling you are referring to McCain/Palin with the religious stuff.

On the contrary, I suppose if Obama gets elected there is the potential for it to be made mandatory that all women wear a hijab (head scarf) which only allows the skin on their face and hands to be made visible, as Obama follows the Koran.............

I'm to trust a man to run my country when he thinks there are 57 states in the US and not 50?

Now that's just silly.

I'll take McCain simply because in case something happens to him, we will have someone who has actually been in charge somewhere before taking the helm

...and who apparently didn't do a very good job while at that helm.

I've made my esteem for McCain clear (despite his recent descent into dishonesty and dirty politics) but Palin is easily the least capable person on a ticket this year.

On the contrary, I suppose if Obama gets elected there is the potential for it to be made mandatory that all women wear a hijab (head scarf) which only allows the skin on their face and hands to be made visible, as Obama follows the Koran.............

Yeah, but McCain eats LIVE BABY DUCKS for breakfast. It's TRUE! :shock:

Attachments

• bigmouth21ik7.gif
    bigmouth21ik7.gif
    218 KB · Views: 6

Isn't Obama Christian?

I know he went to the "Christian" church in Chicago with that wonderful reverand...but he was sworn into office on the Koran, so wouldn't that mean he was muslim? I thought you get sworn into office on the book that follows your religion.

the best choice

Personally, I am not voting for either. Obama has run a lackluster campaign based entirely on personality and his perceived concept of change. Face the facts: he doesn't have a clue. McCain wants to make Iraq a permanent duty station for US troops and speaks of 10 more years of war of which this country can most definitely not afford. It's as simple as this: republicans cater to the rich and spend taxpayers money waging unecessary war while democrats tend to raise taxes to "stimulate the economy" and use those funds to help the working man. Either way what you have is the right and left wings on a bird of corruption. Vote libertarian.

I say we all write-in that batshit bastard who strolled down the beach in the bear-suit, disrupting news coverage during hurricane Ike. I don't care who you are: Left, Right, Backwards or Upsidedown, that fucker is the spirit this country is truly made of! :super_hap

I didn't see that, is there any footage of that on youtube? I'm not even sure what I'd search for!

I say we all write-in that batshit bastard who strolled down the beach in the bear-suit, disrupting news coverage during hurricane Ike. I don't care who you are: Left, Right, Backwards or Upsidedown, that fucker is the spirit this country is truly made of! :super_hap

pedobear delivers

Attachments

• 0da18d514e526b06fc704acc71f506a68fb9a66d.jpg
    0da18d514e526b06fc704acc71f506a68fb9a66d.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 14
Except that he wasn't.

obvious he wasnt in reality, but in John McCain fantasy land where we make up idiotic and irrelevant nonsense to justify our utterly meaningless reasons to vote for him....he was.

I dunno. I was gonna vote for Obama, but then I got to listening to the wingnut radio pundits, and his name is just alittle too close to Osama.

Then, I got to thinking things through a step further: Osama=Omaha? I stand convinced that there may be terrorist elements operating deep inside the fair state of Nebraska!!! :grind_tee

I dunno. I was gonna vote for Obama, but then I got to listening to the wingnut radio pundits, and his name is just alittle too close to Osama.

Then, I got to thinking things through a step further: Osama=Omaha? I stand convinced that there may be terrorist elements operating deep inside the fair state of Nebraska!!! :grind_tee

dude, i was like, totally thinking that too, and then i thought...okama...that sounds a little like...okami...that game is for terrorists !!!!

dude, i was like, totally thinking that too, and then i thought...okama...that sounds a little like...okami...that game is for terrorists !!!!

Good GOD, man! I wonder if the Dept. of Homeland Security has followed up on any of these leads, yet! The tentacles of the terrorist network are far-reaching! Exhibit D: Osaka, Japan! I bet no one even THOUGHT of looking for Bin Laden THERE!

It's a vast, never-ending conspiracy! :shock:

I was reading an article about the time that Obama decided to run for the presidency and it stated that when he was sworn into office the Koran was used....

The article was erroneous.

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back