• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite books

No Idea...she's up to S right now....maybe (if she's smart) Kinsey gets knocked off so the series ends there, or she starts with numbers? (1 is for Wonderful?)

Hmmm... The entire Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy series. Those books are the best books on earth...well, the best books in the galaxy, actually...

I can't say I particularly liked them. They're good and all, but the humour just aint me sometimes...

kyhawkeye said:
Chronicles of Narnia
The Alphabet Series by Sue Grafton (A is for Alibi, etc.)
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
ANYTHING by Ellery Queen
Narnia, yes, though I prefer Lewis's non-fiction. Queen and Dame Agatha are splendid, of course. My own favorite mystery series are the Father Brown stories by G.K. Chesterton and Rex Stout's immortal Nero Wolfe.

The mild-mannered, innocuous looking little priest who understands human evil better than even the perpetrators of the crimes is one of the greatest characters in fiction, thanks to the colossal imagination of Chesterton. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow, of course, but also the men who listen to confessions every day. And as Father Brown himself observes, "I am a man and therefore have all demons within me."

Most great fictional detectives have stout-hearted but brainless and colorless sidekicks...Capt. Hastings, Doctors Watson and Petrie, etc. The magnificent exception is Nero Wolfe, the massive, eccentric genius who occupies the legendary New York brownstone. His associate, the redoubtable Archie Goodwin, is arguably a more interesting character even than Wolfe. Not a genius, but street smart, savvy, and absolutely dependable, he is one of the most congenial narrators in all literature.

In both series, there is mystery, suspense, action, wit, imagination and most of all, wisdom.

Christopher Pike was a f avourite of mine when I was littler. 🙂 .

I remember a thread like this popping up a long long time ago (it's probably that one in the "similar threads" thingy below actually).
It's funny that, as long as I've been here, I'm seeing threads replayed as new people arrive. ^^

I'll add my bit to it...though I dont read as much as I should. So hard to set aside enough time it seems. T_T

The Hitchhiker's Guide series as well as the Dirk Gently series were utterly fantastic. I must have British blood flowing through me as I love English humor when no one around me seems to XP

Pride and Predjudice...am I weird for liking this?

All Harry Potter books...and proud of it too! Shaddup!

Tales of the City series by Armistead Maupin. Of these "Significant Others" is my favorite".

Animal Farm, though I havent read it in many many years

Flowers for Algernon, though it IS the most depressing book of the 20th century

The Catcher in the Rye

<_<

I really need to read more...

All books i read i liked so ill mention all books i can remember
lovely bones
girl who loved tom gordon
the stand
lion witch and the wardrobe
watership down -in middle of reading love it so far
geralds game-actually i hated that one
hearts in atlantis
the tommyknockers
great gastby
one flew over the cookoo nest
siddartha
good faerie bad faerie
the girl in a cage
vittorio the vampire
interview with a vampire
god theres more but i cant remember the names all in all i have read over a hundred books....
oh the watchers
the dead zone
....damn theres more im tired of mentioning them lol

I haven't read too many books. 😛

But..Harry Potter all the way! WHOO! Make fun of me all you want. 😉

flightless_me said:

And what about that Expecto Patronum thing? Shooting white silvery stuff from the tip of his wand? Do I smell sexual innuendo? BAAAAAD J.K Rowling LOL 😛

flightless_me said:
ok i will

*points* ha ha harry pot head!

lol 😛

She's taking the mickey out of Harry Potter fans!

*runs and jumps on flightless and tickles her*

No its not just another excuse to tickle flightless. Maybe.....

Like your selection Ness. Never read pride and prejudice though. Read great expectations, but it wasnt all I was hoping for >.< .

lonelykimiko said:
... Read great expectations, but it wasnt all I was hoping for >.< .
*dignified literary rimshot*
I suppose you also read "Oliver Twist" for the surprise ending and "The Old Curiosity Shop" just to see what it was about?

ROFLs @ Iggy

Pride and Predjudice is lightyears away from what I normally like to read. I just wanted to feel i was reading something big and important. =^_^=
It's actually rather good, though ye olde English is a bit much for my brain at times. ^^ It's basically 1 million pages of character development. I really grew to love some of them.

nessonite said:
I remember a thread like this popping up a long long time ago (it's probably that one in the "similar threads" thingy below actually).
It's funny that, as long as I've been here, I'm seeing threads replayed as new people arrive. ^^

I'll add my bit to it...though I dont read as much as I should. So hard to set aside enough time it seems. T_T

The Hitchhiker's Guide series as well as the Dirk Gently series were utterly fantastic. I must have British blood flowing through me as I love English humor when no one around me seems to XP

Pride and Predjudice...am I weird for liking this?

All Harry Potter books...and proud of it too! Shaddup!

Tales of the City series by Armistead Maupin. Of these "Significant Others" is my favorite".

Animal Farm, though I havent read it in many many years

Flowers for Algernon, though it IS the most depressing book of the 20th century

The Catcher in the Rye

<_<

I really need to read more...

You're right Ness, Flowers for Algernon is one of the saddest stories ever and asks one of the greatest questions ever: "Is better to love than to never loved at all" or better away of putting it is "a few moments of awareness better than a life time of ignorance". I read that story in High School, man did it make me angry. Anyhow.

ignatz01 said:
Narnia, yes, though I prefer Lewis's non-fiction. Queen and Dame Agatha are splendid, of course. My own favorite mystery series are the Father Brown stories by G.K. Chesterton and Rex Stout's immortal Nero Wolfe.

The mild-mannered, innocuous looking little priest who understands human evil better than even the perpetrators of the crimes is one of the greatest characters in fiction, thanks to the colossal imagination of Chesterton. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow, of course, but also the men who listen to confessions every day. And as Father Brown himself observes, "I am a man and therefore have all demons within me."

Most great fictional detectives have stout-hearted but brainless and colorless sidekicks...Capt. Hastings, Doctors Watson and Petrie, etc. The magnificent exception is Nero Wolfe, the massive, eccentric genius who occupies the legendary New York brownstone. His associate, the redoubtable Archie Goodwin, is arguably a more interesting character even than Wolfe. Not a genius, but street smart, savvy, and absolutely dependable, he is one of the most congenial narrators in all literature.

In both series, there is mystery, suspense, action, wit, imagination and most of all, wisdom.

I have started doing some Nero Wolfe Audio books and love them as well. Nice to see a sleuth's "Watson" that isn't a bumbling fool...

I read Father Brown and was pleased with the series. I have also done the entire "Clergy" series by reading the Rabbi Small series (Friday the Rabbi got wet or what ever was the first in the series), as well as Rev. Randolph, the NFL quarterback turned Protestant minister.

My favorite thing about Elllery Queen was the Queen challenge, when the authors told you that at this point you had all the evidence you needed to solve the case.

lonelykimiko said:
... Read great expectations, but it wasnt all I was hoping for >.< .
:laughing: I cannot believe she just made that joke. Glad she did though haha 😀

Sockstickler said:
:laughing: I cannot believe she just made that joke. Glad she did though haha 😀

Kinda stole it from a film, but hey 😛 . anyone know which film?

Thank you, thank you! That was actually on a couple of weeks ago, and that line stuck out in my mind. Pretty much the whole movie was really funny.
"I can't. They tied my shoelaces together."
"Those fiends!"

What's New

10/5/2024
Visit the TMF Chat Room! Always somethign going on, and its free!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back