• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Golden Feather Awards (but TT style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
I was wondering if we could have an annual awards event like the TMF does with their "Golden Feather Awards".

For those of you not aware of what this is, its basically an awards event where the distinguished of our community are honored for their contributions in one or several of the many categories there would be.

We could improve upon the existing "Golden Feather Awards" or create our own annual awards and categories. It makes no sense for this type of recognition to exist on only one site (that I know of).

There is plenty of talent on this site, most of which is not acknowledged dispite their contributions to the community at large.

In addition to this we could hold a monthly or weekly event where anyone can enter and the winner is treated to some sort of prize.

I think activities like these would help this community. If there already are such events going on, then disregard this thread.

I still think this is a good idea though, and the site as a whole would prosper from this kind of activity.

Anyone that supports this idea please post. And after a sufficient ammount of "yays" have been declared I'll petition Tickle Theater.

Thanks for your time. ^__^

Last edited:
This idea intrigues me....The annual awards would be easy enough to set up, but the weekly contest, like the TMF's Trivia is a very interesting idea....This definitely merits further thought.

This could be interesting.
My only fear is about antagonism.

From what I've seen at the TMF, that isn't an issue, but you are correct, it could emerge. But, I think it can be dealt with if it does.

Sure... let's presume I partecipate.

I post my pics, I don't rank first, someone else wins and I get upset, and I can't weep 'cause I'm clearly unable to, being dead.

I'd say we need a category for skeletal artists.
It woulde make me feel safer.

😀

Now, seriously. We might create categories by type: Non-Anime, Anime, Original, Fan-Art.

This way several artists could partecipate without stealing each other's scene.

That would be an issue. 🙂

Well, they can be dealt with appropriately. If they can't handle something like a contest then they shouldn't even enter it. And in the case of annual awards, thats not up to them anyways, its up to the people.

Now if year by year goes by and they aren't even nominated THEN I could see their frustration. But I doubt something like that would happen to anyone.

Sound consideration, DJ [hope you don't mind: calling someone "emperor" makes me feel uneasy. 🙂 ]

I'd say, let's think of what else could go wrong.
When we have all the details clear, we can give it a try.

My only - serious - advice is: let's keep it as informal as possible.

While awards make winners proud, keeping antagonism down to a safe level is a priority, IMHO. 🙂

Of course. And K, you and Ness should both ask TT for your own section. You both produce excellent art, and quite a bit of it. Of course, that is another topic entirely. I suppose we shall have to wait until TT responds to this.

Ya know? I'm not sure I could handle a personal gallery, yet.

I'm not known enough, I'm afraid... 😀 😀 😀
Ppl would never leave main art gallery, and dig out my pics on purpose.

And this might apply to other new artists as well.

And that's why I suggested - back then - to add more art galleries, for original anime, original non-anime and established art.

I'm not totally sure about this - but I feel it is related to the award idea, albeit loosley: only well known artists can benefit from a personal gallery.

We should start a thread on this, or reopen some old ones.

It was an issue, but we've never examined it with due attention. 🙂

Reg's.

This is why I suggested we do it differently than the TMF. Because in those cases it seems only the veterans are recognized.

This could be done in a such a way that EVERYONE involved is a WINNER. There is no need for terms like "loser".

In the end though, with all sensitivity, there are those that will and should be recognized most of all. And that could be for any number of reasons.

In retrospect though, look at the TMF and its annual award event. Have there been any problems or people holding grudges for not winning? I haven't seen anything like that.

Ok again. Just how do we choose whom to involve - or to let out?

Will we leave it mods? Or let TT admin choose?
And who will vote?

All the users? A selected few? And how? I suppose via a poll...

I'm not against the whole award idea. I'd just like to sort things out before we start. 🙂

Let's keep in mind this is not the TMF. And while we might be - on the whole - younger and closer, we could just get nastier BECAUSE of it.

I'd like to hear yours and anybody's idea on this matter!
🙂

I appriciate your concern, because I feel the same way.

The way the TMF does it seems to work for them. From my understanding of reading those threads, people nominate someone in a thread they create, and if anyone seconds the notion then they post as well giving actual REASONS for their decision.

The mods/admin. then tally these results, provide the users with a ballot, and from that ballot they vote.

The only problem I see with this is that some categories are ignored by some people, as not everyone has the same tastes. I draw for example, so some or alot of people may not be into that, and therefore would ignore it completely.

The only reason this is a problem is that it gives some specific categories much less of a pool of users that would vote for that. The end result in such a case would be where a limited number of people, perhaps only a handful, would vote at all. This is not only a close call, but it does allow things like favoritism and bias to play a part.

I don't know how we'd work around something like that. We can't exactly say "you cannot vote if you are going to be biased". Theres no way to know what is going to motivate someone to vote or to not vote for a specific candidate.

And in a limited number of votes, someone could easily win when perhaps it seemed rigged or decided from the start. While in reality this is true of alot of things, for the sake of there not being any animosity here, we need some medium from which to judge and elect a winner.

Perhaps the mods/admin. should make the final decision if the votes and reasons just seem fishy or aren't adding up.

This is all just brainstorming but it is something we should consider, especially if we want something like this to go off without a hitch or without uncertainty of the results.

Last edited:
What if we started asking WHO feels like participating?
If we knew just who would be involved, we might guess a good way to work it out.

Let me explain: if, for instance, only anime artists answered to the call, it would be pointless to institute genre categories.

Likewise, if only one artist vied for a given category, it would be pointless to vote.

Don't get me wrong: I don't refuse possible awards out of spite or anything like that. 😀

I'm just considering the extreme consequences. 🙂

Too much competition, and it could get frustrating.
Too little, and it becomes easycake and boring.

We should strike a balance, without leaving anybody interested out.

For staters: what kind of categories you had in your mind?

Last edited:
Wel, this isn't so much for me to decide. Lets take a cue from the TMF. Theres best video producer, best actress, best original artist (we could break this down further, nay, we need to), best magazine/publication, best new website, etc., etc., etc.

Anything we can think of should be fairly explored as a potential category. Something as simple as "funniest member/user" would be fun. Anything that would appriciate even the common user should be explored.

Last edited:
... Question arises: do common users really exist? 😉

Well, back to topic: we'll just ask around and see who's interested - in participating or voting.

We could rule ppl who compete can't vote - and rule out users with - say - less than a month old accounts.

Last edited:
Perhaps those weren't good words to use. What I meant to imply was those users that don't necessarily contribute material, but are important and essential nonetheless. ^__^

Thats a good idea, from what I see.

Last edited:
I'd say: just post a poll and let's hear about it.
You could ask HSD to make it a monthly poll.

Sure. Anyone interested in this idea should post. You and I shouldn't be the only ones contributing to the idea.

I'll be back later.

::deposits $0.02::::

Will authors be recognized in this?

Might I suggest an annual Rookie of the Year" kinda thng to encourage more people to contribute...I little pat on the back could enocourage those who might otherwise be too shy to contribute....I would qualfy anymore on the story end...but I could see that it may draw others...

Golden Daemon awards come to mind...

And I'm not joking... Not entirely.

*sits back and eats some popcorn*

.o0( Wonder how this idea will turn out... )

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back