• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

major winter storm about to hit half the nation...are YOU prepared?

fan3er.jpg

Garage door.

They are calling for more wintry precipitation here on Saturday. :flatstare:

I'm sick of snow I'm sick of snow by the way did I say I'm sick of SNOW!!! This weather has like a personal vendetta against us or something. I'm not buying anything the "ground hog" predicts since he could care less about our weather. I have a good feeling these windter storms won't be stopping anytime soon. In fact we just had a lovely ice storm (notice the sarcasm) and now in a day or two more snow shall be heading our way, can you feel the excitement? I do feel really bad for those in the Chicago area, I heard they got it pretty bad out there. Don't worry come May it'll all be over 🙂 Hopefully lol

We're having highs in the 50's, and people are acting like it's the end of the damn world. They're busting out boots, parkas, scarves, hats, mittens... Having grown up in Minnesota, I think it's hilarious.

It's supposed to warm back up to 70+ by this weekend, though, in case anyone wants to come visit. 🙂

After very little rest since Tuesday, I got to come home at the regular time today. I will really sleep good tonight but it's back out at 6am tomorrow to make room for the next storm.

Making room for the next storm??? They haven't bothered with that around here! They didn't clear things back very far with the first storm and it just keeps getting worse! It's nearly to the point where, if there was ever a fire, they wouldn't be able to get a rig down our street. The snow banks in front of our house, which I had cut back to the curb myself, are now back to being 6 feet out into the road. The other side of the street is just as bad. And they have yet to plow from the ice storm two days ago! They just keep putting salt on top of it. So, it softens up enough that they could actually plow it. But, of course, they don't. Then, it freezes back up overnight. With all the taxes we pay, they should be giving us half back to cover our time and effort to try to keep the street passable. lol

Oh man. I'm in southwest IL and my university shut down for two days, which it hasn't done in 17 years. The plows came through and blocked everyones cars in, and NO ONE has shovels so we are digging out cars with trash cans hahaa. And some people are even doing it for money! And we had class today (but my one class was cancelled, yey!) but the sidewalks werent clear and people were having such a hard time getting to and from classes, and with a -14 wind chill is wasnt fun.. Not to mention a few of the physically handicapped persons on our campus, they had no way to get to class (being blind or in a wheel chair)...And one of the buses fishtailed sideways down a hill so they needed to get a tow truck and stuff. My school sucks. 🙁 I just want a 40 degree day to melt everything.

The local radio station announcer just said snow, sleet, and freezing rain for Saturday.

Last night we got 1-2 inches of snow. I'm not about to complain about that with what all of you are dealing with. The problem was the ice that came first. We simply don't have the resources to deal with it. Travis County was pretty much shut down. It was an intresting morning at work.

In the Dallas area around six inches of snow overnight. Not much in the way of snow plows.What areas got the plow treatment was mostly the area around the superbowl stadium.

I picked up a load last night,and the plan was to deliver it today by 1800. When I saw the area that I had to drive in,I decided to stay put for the day.

Making room for the next storm??? They haven't bothered with that around here! They didn't clear things back very far with the first storm and it just keeps getting worse! It's nearly to the point where, if there was ever a fire, they wouldn't be able to get a rig down our street. The snow banks in front of our house, which I had cut back to the curb myself, are now back to being 6 feet out into the road. The other side of the street is just as bad. And they have yet to plow from the ice storm two days ago! They just keep putting salt on top of it. So, it softens up enough that they could actually plow it. But, of course, they don't. Then, it freezes back up overnight. With all the taxes we pay, they should be giving us half back to cover our time and effort to try to keep the street passable. lol

^I heard of a roof collapse in your state killed over 80,000 chickens.^

Next storm now coming north from Virginia.

I don't think the city plows know where my neighborhood is; it looks like a friggin' ice skating rink! And I think I ran over something with my car and it now sounds like I'm a NASCAR vehicle! Like I have the money to fix this.......:disgust:

It wasn't nearly as bad up here as we were expecting... but I'm sure we'll get a doozy before this winter's over :scared:

^I heard of a roof collapse in your state killed over 80,000 chickens.^

Next storm now coming north from Virginia.

Haven't heard of that one. But, there've been dozens of them...businesses, schools, homes. We're expecting 2-5 inches if it starts and ends as snow tomorrow, with a mix in between. Another similar round on Tuesday. Then, we have the potential for the biggest storm of the season on Thursday. It just keeps on getting better and better! :banghead:

It is raining then freezing here today. The local TV Weatherman said he did a 360 on the way to the station in Harrisburg.

Sun shining now.Gonna head out in a bit. Not sure how far I will get today.

What's New

9/25/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum, and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back