• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Planet of Peculiar Peril, sci-fi role play/interactive story roster

Violetta

4th Level Indigo Feather
Well, here we go. This is the thread dedicated to signing onto the story and keeping track of our roles. While I'll be moderating (to an albeit limited extent) the story, I'll also be playing. Since it's more of a collaborative story effort, that won't be mutually exclusive. I want to keep things rolling with as little interference as possible.

But onto signing up. There's plenty of room for any character exploration in the course of the story, so here let's just declare a few of the basic traits so we'll know who's got control of who. As a word of advice, let's not make it too heavy with dastardly aliens or crowded with fresh space adventurers. As characters are added to the roster, we'll also find appropriate places for them before things begin, and if new ones show up during the story we can work to get them incorporated.

For my part, I'll be adapting one of my other characters to the story. Those who watch my dA gallery may be familiar with Carina Flaire of the Solar Forces. Born on Mars, she's been a spacer since she was young. Now as a teenager, she's been accepted as a scout aboard a deep space rocket.

In this story, she'll likely be aboard a rocket with a new crew, one manned by characters here. Together they'll explore a planet inhabited by, and I hope, a share of players with alien designs.

Pieter Nephaleous at your service. He is a merchant, traveler and dealer in strange alien artifacts. He has a small space vessel which is primarily loaded with his cargo and living quarters. He is not a fighter by trade, but has enough common sense to know how to handle a weapon and keep himself from getting killed.

He is a humanoid alien. (If you are familiar with Babylon 5 he is a Centauri.) His race are the masters of a small decaying empire rife with corruption and house politics. His family has a little wealth, but he is currently on the outs with them so he is pretty much on his own which suits him fine. He'd rather be exploring space and making his own money than owe anything to them.

He will be based on the planet where he will be making some repairs on his vessel.

Alright, I'll take the plunge. Hope I'm doing this right:

Damien Schneider has spent his whole adult life in the outer system, mining rare metals in a one man ship. Tall and thin from growing up in low gravity, the pale spacer is content to be alone for months at a time before finding a good asteroid or old artifact. Then its back to the inner system for wine, women and song. Once his is currency quickly spent, he goes back out again. But this time might be different. Caught smuggling an old pre-first contact satellite to a tax haven on Luna, Earth authorities gave him a simple choice. He could either go to prison, or sign onto a deep space expedition helping humanity chart deep space filled with who knows what. While having never served on a faster-than-light vessel, he's confident around ships and cold space, if not around comrades and alien planets.

(Hope that fits. If I may make a suggestion, Feather. I'm familiar with B5, but not everyone might know it or any other particular sci-fi reference. Your idea to be the alien pilot with the FTL vessel is cool, but maybe we should forgo using pre-made species like Centauri or Klingons or Wookies? It avoids pencilling us into a universe, or going the dreaded "cross fan-fic" route. But if you have a species loosely based on the Centauri, I bow down to your many drunken gods. Just a thought, don't wanna be pushy.)

Aelon Thatcher:

Decorated ex-space marine rotten away in a filthy bar at the outside of the civilized galaxy. Making a living on weapon smuggling and as a gun for hire. As all space marines he's geneticly modified for combat. His body is able to push itself further then normal people and parts of his brain is blocked, like empathy, fear and stress. The efects is fading, but not all gone.
He's human of average height and muscularity and prefers dark colours when it comes to clothing. He's allways armed and very suspicious when it comes to authorities.
He usually keeps himself at the far end of the galaxy were the organized criminals rule, they don't bother him and he don't bother them, as long as they don't have some dirty work that needs to be taken care of.

FeatherDaemon, I think I could see Pieter fitting in fine, though I'd also consider Carnivore's suggestion of not exactly copying from the Babylon 5 writers' bible. Half the fun here could be in coming up with our own fiction. All said, he seems to have potential as a character, and he's even got a reason to be on the planet!

Carni, looks go so far. Damien could easily have skills that'd do well on an uncharted world. It'll be interesting to see him develop during the adventure.

SupportGunner, I won't deny that a big ol' blaster is a handy thing to have in a fight. Not to put too fine a point on it, but we are going for a campy sci-fi feel. I'm not sure entirely sure how well the modern concept of the "space marine" fits in.

FeatherDaemon, I think I could see Pieter fitting in fine, though I'd also consider Carnivore's suggestion of not exactly copying from the Babylon 5 writers' bible. Half the fun here could be in coming up with our own fiction. All said, he seems to have potential as a character, and he's even got a reason to be on the planet!

I agree. I never meant to imply an exact borrowing from the series. That is just a basic template that I am drawing from.

I agree. I never meant to imply an exact borrowing from the series. That is just a basic template that I am drawing from.

Ah! Then I could see that totally working. But does Pieter have the totally wild hair? 😉

Rayson Ann Montgomery is a newly turned eighteen year old who thought she was just an ordinary orphaned Earthling, that got mixed up in an experimental accident. She is a half human, and half fox. She has curly brown hair, and stands at about 5'5" tall.[she basically looks like an older Bella Thorne, from Shake It Up] but she has green eyes. She gets a message from Mars and finds out that her parents were Martians that looked like humans that died when Rayson was just a year old. Now, she has to go back to Mars and take her role as a protector, but she is not that good at fighting. She is sassy, stubborn, energetic, and a major smart ass.

Animal people? Yeah, that's some old sci-fi reminiscent of Flash Gordon. So that works. Looked up Bella Thorne, so you've definitely got an attractive character on your hands. My only concern would be her relationship to Mars. Carina's from Mars, and as such it's pretty much a colony world for humans. They identify as Martians, but they're just people who've adapted the planet some and then adapted to live there themselves. Just a heads up. Still, definitely welcoming the inclusion of a spaceborne sasser. 😉

Hmm, how about Jupiter then?

Jupiter's a ball of gas, shawty. One of it's moons, Europa perhaps, could work. Or you could even make up some extra-solar planet. Don't be afraid to help build the fiction. 🙂

Eh... why the hell not? The point of this is to have fun, not be science majors. 🙂

Rayson Ann Montgomery is a newly turned eighteen year old who thought she was just an ordinary orphaned Earthling, that got mixed up in an experimental accident. She is a half human, and half fox. She has curly brown hair, and stands at about 5'5" tall.[she basically looks like an older Bella Thorne, from Shake It Up] but she has green eyes. She gets a message from Mars and finds out that her parents were Martians that looked like humans that died when Rayson was just a year old. Now, she has to go back to Mars and take her role as a protector, but she is not that good at fighting. She is sassy, stubborn, energetic, and a major smart ass.

OMG...this is crazy...I totally just came up with a new OC that's an anthro foxgirl mecha pilot, based on those old 80s style animes (Voltron etc) and pulp sci fi that inspired it. Great minds huh? 😉

Unfortunately, the commission won't be ready for a while >.<

edit to avoid double post

Animal people? Yeah, that's some old sci-fi reminiscent of Flash Gordon. So that works. Looked up Bella Thorne, so you've definitely got an attractive character on your hands. My only concern would be her relationship to Mars. Carina's from Mars, and as such it's pretty much a colony world for humans. They identify as Martians, but they're just people who've adapted the planet some and then adapted to live there themselves. Just a heads up. Still, definitely welcoming the inclusion of a spaceborne sasser. 😉

Hawkmen of Mondo anyone? XD Crowning Music Of Awesome by Queen no less.

Last edited:
"Well who wants to live forever anyway?! DIVE!!!"

I am so gay for Brian Blessed's voice. <3 Not him, just his voice.

I know what you mean! That guy's voice and delivery are just so perfect!

Christanna Emmitt, a first born on the struggling colony at Alpha Centauri. She has worked with technology all her life and has become one of the chief engineers at the colony. The colony ships were broken down to create the habitats upon arrival so there has been no space travel for several decades now. With limited industry, the colony is dependent on future supplies from the Terran system if spaceflight is to be realistic any time soon. There has been little communication with Earth and its colonies and the Centaurians eagerly await the next colony ship. Despite the lack of production, there are plans in place for industrialization and Christanna has been studying spaceship operation in hopes that she will one day get the opportunity to leave the planet.

But of course, it is not all that easy. Native plant and animal life is sometimes hostile, although there have been weak relationships forged with some of the humanoid species. Christanna generally avoids leaving the colony, but like the other colonists has been trained to defend herself if the need arises.

Not bad, swim_grl. Well thought out, as far as the technical aspects of the colony, and it sounds like Christanna'll make a good engineer for the group. The question I have is, since Centauri colony is a little planet-locked, how do you see your character getting into the adventure with the rest of us?

I was thinking that perhaps one of the other characters would end up stopping by in a ship, curious to see what had happened to the colony. If it doesn't end up working out I'd be happy to tweak it a little bit. Otherwise I can see about running a side-plot for a little bit if need be

We can probably pick her up on our way to the mysterious planet, but would you want to just say that that happened before the story starts so we can jump more quickly into the action?

^^

Ouranus Nova:
Born on Earth, she had always wanted to travel the stars. So she enlisted in the academy and with points in ranged combat and engineering (evident after she had been caught multiple times being able to get through tough areas of obstacle course by hacking devices), she was placed at a space station orbiting around Saturn's planet Titan. Eventually she is called upon again by the Solar Forces to aid with the investigation of a deep space rocket

Reference pic (concept by me, commission by cheshire cat)
Ouranus.jpg

We can probably pick her up on our way to the mysterious planet, but would you want to just say that that happened before the story starts so we can jump more quickly into the action?

Sure thing, I can give a little more back story if it would be helpful, but that doesn't matter to me

^^

Ouranus Nova:
Born on Earth, she had always wanted to travel the stars. So she enlisted in the academy and with points in ranged combat and engineering (evident after she had been caught multiple times being able to get through tough areas of obstacle course by hacking devices), she was placed at a space station orbiting around Saturn's planet Titan. Eventually she is called upon again by the Solar Forces to aid with the investigation of a deep space rocket

Reference pic (concept by me, commission by cheshire cat)
Ouranus.jpg

Great! It'll be nice having another Girl in Blue! The Solar Forces will be happy to have you aboard! 😀

Sure thing, I can give a little more back story if it would be helpful, but that doesn't matter to me

Excellent then. Feel free to add back story where relevant during the actual story. It'll give it more depth. 🙂

Now, if we can get a few people to sign up as inhabitants of the perilous planet our little crew'll definitely have an adventure on their hands.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back